Trans Rights

12 replies to this topic

#1 MechWarrior5152251

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 13 October 2021 - 06:47 AM

I am confused. What Rights do non-Trans have that Trans do not have?

#2 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,805 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 13 October 2021 - 07:15 AM

View PostMechWarrior5152251, on 13 October 2021 - 06:47 AM, said:

I am confused. What Rights do non-Trans have that Trans do not have?

Medical services, support services, the right to participate in sports, the right to marry the person you want and have that come with all the legal rights that others are granted, the right to use a bathroom... and generally the right not to get curb-stomped just by walking down the wrong street or into the wrong business. (Although let's face it, that last one varies by skin color and religion as well. People suck.)

Essentially, gender identity has a lot of overlap with discrimination and same sex issues. The primary ones that need to be codified into protective laws are legal status... the fact that depending on the gender (real or acting) of the spouses, rights like adoption, property ownership, and power of attorney are denied to them. Being told that you are not legally allowed to raise a child or legally allowed to inherit property from or make medical decisions for your spouse... is kinda inhuman.

#3 Noishkel Hauptman

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 October 2021 - 10:58 AM

I've been married to a trans person for more than a decade now and one thing both of us agree with is this constant attempts by some to wedge activism into entertainment spaces is annoying A.F.

#4 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,966 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 13 October 2021 - 01:33 PM

#5 feeWAIVER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 14 October 2021 - 08:55 AM

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 13 October 2021 - 07:15 AM, said:

Medical services, support services, the right to participate in sports, the right to marry the person you want and have that come with all the legal rights that others are granted, the right to use a bathroom... and generally the right not to get curb-stomped just by walking down the wrong street or into the wrong business. (Although let's face it, that last one varies by skin color and religion as well. People suck.)

Essentially, gender identity has a lot of overlap with discrimination and same sex issues. The primary ones that need to be codified into protective laws are legal status... the fact that depending on the gender (real or acting) of the spouses, rights like adoption, property ownership, and power of attorney are denied to them. Being told that you are not legally allowed to raise a child or legally allowed to inherit property from or make medical decisions for your spouse... is kinda inhuman.

This is all incredibly stupid.
1. Hospitals don't turn people away because they are trans.
2. Being on a sports team is not a right for anyone.
3. Adoption is not a right for anyone.
4. Anyone can be married.
5. Anyone can own property.
6. Anyone can inherit property.
7. Anyone can obtain power of attorney.

#6 Noishkel Hauptman

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 October 2021 - 01:41 PM

View PostfeeWAIVER, on 14 October 2021 - 08:55 AM, said:

7. Anyone can obtain power of attorney.

This one I can very confirm from my own personal experience. As said in another post I'm married to a trans-person. Some years ago I survived a major medical issue (brain tumor) and I chose to give my wife medical power of attorney. Sadly some members of my family decided to make a stink about this. Even in the deep south, where I lived at the time, the hospital rebuffed this attempt and my wife was given my medical power of attorney as I requested. FYI the surgery to remove my tumor was handled without incident.

That said, this is my experience. Some states do have different laws when it comes to the process of assigning medical power of attorney. But I highly doubt you will ever be able to find some that out-right says 'no trans' anywhere in their laws. But people can be a-holes and I'm sure you'll eventually find an example of someone show-how that's managed to pull of shenanigans to try and stand in someone's way. But I reject that idea that it's a wide-spread issue outside of the minds of twitter activist.

Edited by Noishkel Hauptman, 14 October 2021 - 10:06 PM.

#7 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,772 posts

Posted 14 October 2021 - 08:25 PM

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 13 October 2021 - 07:15 AM, said:

a lot of those are problems non-trans people face. heath care, crime, mental health, adoption. these are all deep societal issues that affect trans and non trans people alike. marriage has seen great strides in the last couple decades. lgbt... community provides a great solution for finding homes for the orphan population. the adoption process is difficult for everyone and the red tape is there for a reason.

things like bathrooms and sports are practical problems that are yet to be resolved. re-designing and re-modeling bathroom facilities is expensive, and we still dont know what all inclusive bathrooms look like. gender fluidity means that the third bathroom is probibly not an option. arrays of small unisex bathrooms would work in some cases, though high volume bathrooms in places like airports and stadiums would make that really inefficient. i really think we need more data on trans athletes in major sporting events to see what needs to be done to make the competitions the most fair. i imagine doing away with gendered sports entirely and having multiple divisions at various levels of ability. anyone can simply participate in any division they qualify for.

its not perfect, but its a good time to be trans right now, possibly better than any other time in history. progress takes time. that may sound unacceptable. but you have to realize that if you push to hard the backlash is inevitable and you risk undoing the progress made thus far.

Edited by LordNothing, 14 October 2021 - 08:27 PM.

#8 RUSTY RASTIL

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 48 posts

Posted 15 October 2021 - 07:31 AM

The second you decide in your head you are trans, goverment drones detect that fact and instantly take away half of your human rights. It propably woudl not be so if for example MtF actually became females, instead they will forever be percieved as trans.

#9 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,772 posts

Posted 15 October 2021 - 08:20 AM

i never understood why mtf trans choose names to remind you that they were once men. eg laverne cox or chelsea manning. identifying as trans seems to mean more than identifying as the target gender. i can only assume that its a gender fluidity thing.

Edited by LordNothing, 15 October 2021 - 08:22 AM.

#10 Elad

• PipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 48 posts

Posted 15 October 2021 - 08:57 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 15 October 2021 - 08:20 AM, said:

i never understood why mtf trans choose names to remind you that they were once men. eg laverne cox or chelsea manning. identifying as trans seems to mean more than identifying as the target gender. i can only assume that its a gender fluidity thing.

I can't speak for "all trans," but I know that when one of my family members started transitioning the name they chose was fairly close to their birth name and started with the same letter. Their reasoning, as explained to me, was that this would actually help make it easier on their friends, family, and co-workers to "transition" with them as it is easier to call someone something similar to the name they were used to calling them (just like it is fairly easy to switch to calling someone by a nickname). I do know that they got backlash from their parents for choosing a more gender specific name originally & were told by their parents that they absolutely would not call them by that name and to pick something more gender neutral - so that is what they did. This person was in their early 30s btw, so not some kid still living with their parents. The thing is, they already lost many of their friends and were rejected by a lot of our uber-religious family - so this was a comprise they made to keep their parents as reluctant allies.

#11 MW Waldorf Statler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 03 November 2021 - 03:45 AM

Is a harsh Problem with radical elements on all Sides,and brutal Violence and not only against TransPeople

and with many Wolves in Sheep clothings ,thats says , im a Sheep let me in the Sheepstable

the Transscene is captured since many Years more and more from Anti/ female People, Female Hating People and Trans Actionists thats fights as Sexual Criminals like

Stephen Woods/"Karen White"

https://www.theguard...nsgender-prison

Jonathan Yaniv/Jessica Yaniv, (Wash my female Testicles)

https://metro.co.uk/...icles-10982552/

Cherno Biko a sexual Attacker(Black Trans Life Matter)

https://www.womenare...an-cherno-biko/

David Wakefield/Dana rivers

https://www.washingt...riple-homicide/

The british Murder David Wakefield/Thai pilley

https://transcrimeuk...glas-wakefield/

thats only a Handfull people in a very very very small group

to come in Female Safe Rooms like Toilets, bathrooms when hes/she say im a Trans Women with a Male Body or many trans Lesbian Mens ,thats captured Female Lesbian Groups and forced the lesbian Members to have sex with a male Body

https://www.bbc.com/...canada-50214341
https://www.bbc.com/...ngland-57853385

the Mankind and the **** sapien (rapiens) is the most brutal schicoic manic narcistic aggressive Top Predator in this Solarsystem...in the Future People with Cyber Implantats against people with only low Level biological Components ?

Edited by MW Waldorf Statler, 03 November 2021 - 04:52 AM.

#12 latinisator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 561 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 November 2021 - 11:31 AM

View PostMW Waldorf Statler, on 03 November 2021 - 03:45 AM, said:

**** sapien (rapiens)

Really? "****" is blacklisted? Guys (or whatever you may identify yourself as), you really need to learn Latin (and whilst at it ancient Greek, too) and not be offended by verbs and nouns that you do not comprehend or may nowadays see usage in a derogatory manner. Do not give in to people abusing language. We should stop talking and writing otherwise. Smh..let me try a declension:
hominis,
homini,
hominem,
homine /
homines,
hominum,
hominibus,
homines,
hominibus.

Else, can we leave the black-white-left-right-****-"normal"-bi-trans-Christian-Muslim-whatever thingy behind us, please? We are humans, after all. You always have...entities...that are best referred to as...let's just say "malignant", so switch to "ignore" or "mute", hard as it may be at times.

Übrigens, **** sapiens rapiens - merke ich mir. :) Geht fast runter wie Schwanzus Longus - oh, der Abend ist gerettet: Life of Brian!

#13 Stryker5555

Rookie

• The Stryker
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 November 2021 - 08:06 PM

John Money - Wikipedia
David Reimer - Wikipedia
Required reading.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users