• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,368 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 13 October 2021 - 02:44 PM

That 1250 MC injection was MW5 GOG/Steam/XBox promotion for simply posting on a designated forum thread.
https://mwomercs.com...s-injected-post

But if that 1250 MC injection counts as a "MC Purchase", then this is a bug!

View PostLordNothing, on 13 October 2021 - 02:38 PM, said:

...i have a 1250 mc injection back on the 5th of june (may have been from an event but i cant place it). and i also cant explain how im qualified for the prime award. ive only bought the 2 booster packs that i recall. only other thing it could be is the first mw5 dlc, but its not listed.

Edited by w0qj, 13 October 2021 - 02:47 PM.

#22 SoulRcannon

• PipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 82 posts

Posted 13 October 2021 - 02:45 PM

Love that we're getting new mechs again with this year's loyalty stuff - JJ ECM Atlas, Energy ECM Urbie and Mega MG Viper will be super welcome additions to the game. Superb.

But I can't help but wonder, is the Ultimate Tier reward perhaps a little anaemic? Maybe not, it's requirements are admittedly less also. But, I was hoping there would be a chance to be able to grab one the past loyalty mechs (as has been available for the last couple of years) because with the Cauldron changes some of those variants would be fun to grab as heroes.

I won't hold out much hope, but I'd jump at the chance to snag an AS7-S(L) now that it's gotten some of that Cauldron magic to it's quirks. Would another tier if all 4 booster packs were obtained be appropriate?

Edited by SoulRcannon, 14 October 2021 - 05:23 PM.

#23 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,368 posts

Posted 13 October 2021 - 02:49 PM

Yeah, that AS7-S(L) is quite sweet, especially after the Cauldron magic Posted Image

+1 for sweetener proposal for getting all four (4x) Booster Packs!

View PostSoulRcannon, on 13 October 2021 - 02:45 PM, said:

...But, I can't help but wonder, is the Ultimate Tier reward perhaps a little anaemic?

...I won't hold out much hope, but I'd jump at the chance to snag an AS7-S(L) now that it's gotten some of that Cauldron magic to it's quirks. Would another tier if all 4 booster packs were obtained be appropriate?

Edited by w0qj, 13 October 2021 - 02:50 PM.

#24 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,733 posts

Posted 13 October 2021 - 02:50 PM

View Postw0qj, on 13 October 2021 - 02:44 PM, said:

That 1250 MC injection was MW5 GOG/Steam/XBox promotion for simply posting on a designated forum thread.
https://mwomercs.com...s-injected-post

But if that 1250 MC injection counts as a "MC Purchase", then this is a bug!

thats what i was worried about. didnt want to buy something i didnt need or buy the wrong thing. could have swore i bought mc, i always hit the mc sales. i guess i didnt.

i still cant explain the prime reward though. maybe i bought a hero and forgot about it. i seem to have purchased several since the free quarantine giveaway. flame, jade kite, top dog, firestorm, hi there!, sekhmet, katana kat, ghillie, anansi, sabre nanuq. holy hell how do i afford these, the couldnt have all been scored with event mc.

Edited by LordNothing, 13 October 2021 - 03:10 PM.

#25 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,368 posts

Posted 13 October 2021 - 03:04 PM

You can always check your MC purchase history here:
https://mwomercs.com/profile/credits

(The main problem is:
"Store Purchase MC" = MC purchased using real cash/creditcard
"Store Purchase MC" = MC gained from promotions (Loot bags, etc.)

View PostLordNothing, on 13 October 2021 - 02:50 PM, said:

...could have swore i bought mc, i always hit the mc sales. i guess i didnt. ...

Edited by w0qj, 13 October 2021 - 03:07 PM.

#26 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,733 posts

Posted 13 October 2021 - 03:13 PM

View Postw0qj, on 13 October 2021 - 03:04 PM, said:

You can always check your MC purchase history here:
https://mwomercs.com/profile/credits

(The main problem is:
"Store Purchase MC" = MC purchased using real cash/creditcard
"Store Purchase MC" = MC gained from promotions (Loot bags, etc.)

yep thats it.

im digging into things as we speak. several of the heroes i bought are on the eligibility list. its entirely possible i bought one with cash. i also did not buy any mc, the only 1250 injections were the holiday bonus and the mw5 promotion. nothing wrong with the eligibility code, i just have a pokemechs problem.

i dont think it was a hero, it was mrs claus's bakers dozen bundle. best sale ever. apparently counts as a bundle.

Edited by LordNothing, 13 October 2021 - 03:52 PM.

#27 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,743 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 13 October 2021 - 03:44 PM

So we’ll see what we end up with, but by lore we’re lined up for…

Urbanmech R80… snub PPC, small pulse, small laser, TAG, Beagle, ECM, improved jump jets (!?)

Viper F… 8 heavy machine guns, 2 machine gun arrays (!?), 3 ERML

Atlas K3… first constructed in 3083 (!?), equipped with 400XL engine, 3 jump jets, ECM, and armed with Gauss Rifle, 2 ERLL, and a single Streak 4.

I’m guessing the improved jump jets won’t be twice the weight, they’ll just let the chassis hold twice as many regular jump jets. And Machine Gun Arrays aren’t actually a weapon system, it’s like Artemis for missiles, so in MWO it will do…. ??

and come on… a mech variant from 3083? Really?

Edited by ScrapIron Prime, 13 October 2021 - 03:46 PM.

#28 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,368 posts

Posted 13 October 2021 - 03:51 PM

Actually I am still awaiting for Atlas with dual ballistic hardpoints in LT+RT, just like the Mauler & Cyclops :)

If there's such a Hero mech for Atlas, I'll jump at it!!

#29 shameless

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 491 posts

Posted 13 October 2021 - 03:57 PM

if we're getting a 3083 era Atlas, are we gonna get a 3083 era weapons upgrade?

#30 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,743 posts

Posted 13 October 2021 - 03:59 PM

View Postshameless, on 13 October 2021 - 03:57 PM, said:

Likely not, the Atlas K3 uses current level tech.

#31 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 13 October 2021 - 04:08 PM

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 13 October 2021 - 03:44 PM, said:

Viper F… 8 heavy machine guns, 2 machine gun arrays (!?), 3 ERML

And Machine Gun Arrays aren’t actually a weapon system, it’s like Artemis for missiles, so in MWO it will do…. ??

We already have precedent with the MLX-G and ACH-E that MG Arrays will be converted into the appropriate number of standalone MGs and the extra weight will be spent on armor or something. So in this case, the VPR-F will have 8 ballistic hardpoints (8 HMGs stock).

Edited by FupDup, 13 October 2021 - 04:08 PM.

#32 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,743 posts

Posted 13 October 2021 - 04:12 PM

View Postw0qj, on 13 October 2021 - 03:51 PM, said:

Actually I am still awaiting for Atlas with dual ballistic hardpoints in LT+RT, just like the Mauler & Cyclops Posted Image

If there's such a Hero mech for Atlas, I'll jump at it!!

There’s no Atlas by lore that has ballistics in both side torsos, but there is one with light gauss in each arm. Of course, it would be nice if PGI made one with RT/LT ballistics anyway… hint, hint!

Or for that matter, the Atlas 00… hyper velocity AC/10 and snub PPC RT, Thunderbolt 15 LT, and a Light PPC each arm. I can dream.

#33 Ward0g

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 October 2021 - 05:10 PM

PGI, these are great choices for this year's loyalty mechs. Each one has something the current variants can't do, and they look like they're going to be fun to run.

View Postshameless, on 13 October 2021 - 03:57 PM, said:

I also noticed the UM-R80 and VPR-F are both from the 3070s. Even though they pretty much come with existing tech on them (the Urbie's Improved Jumpjets being the only exception I've spotted), it makes me wonder if there might be a timeline advancement into the Dark Age somewhere on the roadmap that they haven't announced yet. I'm not a fan of the lore in that era, but the the new weapons and tech could be pretty fun and interesting. It certianly was when they made the jump to the FedCom Civil War era.

#34 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,733 posts

Posted 13 October 2021 - 05:14 PM

View PostFupDup, on 13 October 2021 - 04:08 PM, said:

We already have precedent with the MLX-G and ACH-E that MG Arrays will be converted into the appropriate number of standalone MGs and the extra weight will be spent on armor or something. So in this case, the VPR-F will have 8 ballistic hardpoints (8 HMGs stock).

mg arrays would be nice to haves in that you might see machine guns more at heavier mech classes. such mechs have small ballistic hardpoint counts to prevent willy nilly boating of autocannons. this also makes machine guns a hard sell on those mechs as there are weapons that cost the same that do more damage. mg arrays would allow them to make better use of those hardpoints. it would make an effective low heat backup weapon option. light mechs simply dont have the tonnage to use more than a couple of them and are better off using their higher hardpoint counts instead.

implementation would be a pita though. easiest way is to just use fixed sized arrays of each mg type. or you could do something like the way mech engines let you equip heat sinks. where every array has 4 slots. the array itself would cost half a ton and an extra slot. a 4x array would cost 2.5 tons and 5 slots. if were gonna do fixed size it might be better to make them 3-gun arrays at 2t, 4s. balance wise it would be more damage, less crit and more spread.

#35 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 13 October 2021 - 05:27 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 13 October 2021 - 05:14 PM, said:

mg arrays would be nice to haves in that you might see machine guns more at heavier mech classes. such mechs have small ballistic hardpoint counts to prevent willy nilly boating of autocannons. this also makes machine guns a hard sell on those mechs as there are weapons that cost the same that do more damage. mg arrays would allow them to make better use of those hardpoints. it would make an effective low heat backup weapon option. light mechs simply dont have the tonnage to use more than a couple of them and are better off using their higher hardpoint counts instead.

implementation would be a pita though. easiest way is to just use fixed sized arrays of each mg type. or you could do something like the way mech engines let you equip heat sinks. where every array has 4 slots. the array itself would cost half a ton and an extra slot. a 4x array would cost 2.5 tons and 5 slots. if were gonna do fixed size it might be better to make them 3-gun arrays at 2t, 4s. balance wise it would be more damage, less crit and more spread.

Design-wise it would just be MGA-2, MGA-3, MGA-4, etc. like Targeting Computers.

Balance-wise it would probably entail MG nerfs because MGs are currently balanced on the assumption that you're generally pretty restricted in how many you carry. Alternatively, perhaps MG arrays wouldn't deal the full damage of regular MGs, i.e. an MGA-3 would deal a bit less damage than 3 individual MGs. But even that might be too stronk.

#36 Khalcruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Steiner
  • Hero of Steiner
  • 808 posts
  • LocationYou gotta lose your mind in Detroit! Rock City!

Posted 13 October 2021 - 05:41 PM

Ok, so that's weird. I look at the Deluxe reward, and it has a green checkbox, so as far as I can tell it thinks I'm qualified. But

1) I am positive I haven not yet bought any of those packs
2) The "preorders" section of my profile definitely does not list that I have purchased any of those packs

I mean, if they really want to give me the Deluxe reward, I'll take it, but as of yet I don't think there's any way I should qualify for it.

And oh yes - for the Ultimate reward, what exactly is being boosted with the cockpit items? Cbills? XP? Faction Play Loyalty points? It would probably be a good idea to mention that.

Edited by Khalcruth, 13 October 2021 - 05:45 PM.

#37 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,733 posts

Posted 13 October 2021 - 05:42 PM

View PostFupDup, on 13 October 2021 - 05:27 PM, said:

Design-wise it would just be MGA-2, MGA-3, MGA-4, etc. like Targeting Computers.

Balance-wise it would probably entail MG nerfs because MGs are currently balanced on the assumption that you're generally pretty restricted in how many you carry. Alternatively, perhaps MG arrays wouldn't deal the full damage of regular MGs, i.e. an MGA-3 would deal a bit less damage than 3 individual MGs. But even that might be too stronk.

tt rules only give one crit roll for the array, not each of the mgs installed in it. crit is why machine guns are so vicious on piranhas and fleas. when reserved for late game they can really crit-seek like a boss, ive seen a piranha mop up an ace of spades worth of mechs once. it simply doesn't have the ammo to open up those mechs by itself. so it was definitely crit seeking. mgas would be the damage without the crit seeking. dps wise im thinking somewhere between an ac2 and a rac2. hmgas perhaps like a rac5 but significantly shorter range. damage fall off would be rapid, 25% less optimal range, spread would be huge.

Edited by LordNothing, 13 October 2021 - 05:48 PM.

#38 Ravni

• PipPip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 39 posts

Posted 13 October 2021 - 05:43 PM

I'm guessing this is just an omission in the text of the reward post, but recommend you include a mech bay with each of the loyalty rewards!

#39 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 13 October 2021 - 05:46 PM

Jumping Atlas, here I come!

#40 Mafarrico

• PipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 27 posts

Posted 13 October 2021 - 05:52 PM

Rewards are really slim this year, and the ultimate is just plain skimpy, feels like a Dickensian christmas this year...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users