57 replies to this topic

#41 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,246 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 14 October 2021 - 09:30 AM

Also LB10 6SPL on the Shadow Cat (if you have hero arm).

#42 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 886 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 14 October 2021 - 10:03 AM

So.
No elementals this time?!
A shame...

#43 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,772 posts

Posted 14 October 2021 - 12:40 PM

almost want to get it for the scat. you can run with 6 lasers, pulse or hmls to make it a respectable hit and run mech.

#44 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,772 posts

Posted 14 October 2021 - 12:43 PM

View PostDaeron Katz, on 13 October 2021 - 12:46 PM, said:

Who knows what will come in 2022! That being said, we are giving away an UrbanMech with ECM as part of this year's Loyalty Rewards Program!

Hailstorm

#45 VukNukem

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8 posts
  • Locationold schwabenland

Posted 14 October 2021 - 01:54 PM

Bought it!
Thank you PGI-Team for creating this fair, truly "free-to-play" as well as least "pay-to-win"-Game and keeping it exactly so from Day 1 to today. You rock.

#46 JOATMON Incorporated

• PipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 90 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 14 October 2021 - 01:55 PM

The arm/leg pods on the ASP, and the left side torso/arm pods of the Shadow Cat look amazing.

That said, the CTs for both of these are missing... well something, anything of note beyond the C-Bill feature. The exact same C Bill feature is already available on the hero variants for both of these mechs.
Since anyone will be able eventually get those sweet limb pods through the hangar (yes it might take awhile till fully C Bill unlocked), the only current long term reason to really get these at this point is for the paint jobs and being able to participate in the eventual predator event. Otherwise someone could just buy the hero versions, and toss on the omnipods from these onto the hero CTs at a later date and have everything but the SO8, including the C Bill bonus.

Please add something to spice up the CTs a tad bit. Something simple akin to adding an AMS mount point to the CT on the ASP or even just giving a straight up Range bonus to the Shadow Cat CT (and not on a SO8 thing) would make both options much more appealing core CTs to use at a later time.

Once again, love most of the pods, just the CTs need a tad bit of something.

#47 Valec

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 23 posts

Posted 14 October 2021 - 04:08 PM

View PostDaeron Katz, on 13 October 2021 - 12:46 PM, said:

Who knows what will come in 2022! That being said, we are giving away an UrbanMech with ECM as part of this year's Loyalty Rewards Program!

How many of these stupid boosters do we have to buy before you guys start adding content we want, like new chassis? Not that the boosters have been unwelcome, but it's not going to keep my interest much longer.

#48 Xaius

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 50 posts

Posted 14 October 2021 - 07:09 PM

View PostJOATMON Incorporated, on 14 October 2021 - 01:55 PM, said:

The arm/leg pods on the ASP, and the left side torso/arm pods of the Shadow Cat look amazing.

That said, the CTs for both of these are missing... well something, anything of note beyond the C-Bill feature. The exact same C Bill feature is already available on the hero variants for both of these mechs.
Since anyone will be able eventually get those sweet limb pods through the hangar (yes it might take awhile till fully C Bill unlocked), the only current long term reason to really get these at this point is for the paint jobs and being able to participate in the eventual predator event. Otherwise someone could just buy the hero versions, and toss on the omnipods from these onto the hero CTs at a later date and have everything but the SO8, including the C Bill bonus.

Please add something to spice up the CTs a tad bit. Something simple akin to adding an AMS mount point to the CT on the ASP or even just giving a straight up Range bonus to the Shadow Cat CT (and not on a SO8 thing) would make both options much more appealing core CTs to use at a later time.

Once again, love most of the pods, just the CTs need a tad bit of something.

I don't care if they are missing a unique ct as long as they have decent set bonuses. I'm almost 100% running quad erppcs on the blood asp anyways.

#49 Xaius

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 50 posts

Posted 14 October 2021 - 07:12 PM

View PostValec, on 14 October 2021 - 04:08 PM, said:

How many of these stupid boosters do we have to buy before you guys start adding content we want, like new chassis? Not that the boosters have been unwelcome, but it's not going to keep my interest much longer.

Honestly, I really love these booster pack, I think they are a great addition!

A new chassis can wait until mwo works out it's issues and gets a few more system overhauls.

And I don't expect to get new mechs as often as we used to when the game was still in its early days, where it really needed to reach a certain level of content. I'll be happy as long as we get 2 new mech chassis in 2022.

#50 Clay Endfield

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 172 posts

Posted 14 October 2021 - 07:57 PM

Well, justifying the Hunter Pack was a bit of a struggle, but the prospect of a super zoomy Phoenix Hawk and a Zombie Stalker won me over.

This though? The problem with doing new Omnimech variants is that if the CT doesn't pack something worthwhile (or the stock hardpoint count + Set of Eight quirks are top notch), then the preorder just isn't worth $20. Can't fault you for trying, but I confess that while the omnipods these variants introduce improve the chassis overall... the mechs themselves are utter underwhelming. The set of 8 should be ridiculous, cause otherwise it's more prudent to wait for the C-Bill release and just buy the omnipods for pre-existing variants. Especially given that the Blood Asp A & B variant pack an ECM module in their CTs. I would recommend moving a JJ from either leg into the Blood Asp's CT (Two fixed JJs to the CT), just to give it something to distinguish itself from other variants... but then you run the risk of making the new variant less appealing to players who don't want to loose 2 slots and 4 tons to JJs.

I'll wait to see what the Set of Eight quirks are before I finalize my decision, but as of now, my wallet brimming with disposable income is saying in a very flat and decisive tone: "No."

#51 Tarriss Halcyon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 239 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 14 October 2021 - 08:44 PM

View PostValec, on 14 October 2021 - 04:08 PM, said:

Evidence points to 2022 for the release of a new chassis; mostly because the lion's share of the modelling team seem to be attached to MW5. That being said; there's no reason why they can't give us an "old tech" mech that can be used in both games, and attached in the next wave of MW5 DLC. After all; there's still a lot of untapped potential in the pre-Clan Invasion options...

#52 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,404 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 14 October 2021 - 09:17 PM

+1 agree.

Dear MWO, here's how to make the Predator Pack a "Must Buy" similar to the Warden Pack:
There must be something special in the mech CT to make it enticing over the existing Hero mech equivalent!

a) Suggested Predator Pack Blood Asp BAS-E(S) to have ECM CT +30% CBills bonus.
Because BAS-A & BAS-B is standard variant, hence these to mechs does not have +30% CBills bonus.
This alone should tip this Predator Pack into "Must Buy" category (similar situation to Warden Pack DWF-C(S) with ECM in CT +30% Cbills bonus).

b ) As for Predator Pack Shadow Cat SHC-D(S), suggest a smaller 1-slot MASC-MK-I module, and also add ECM into CT +30% CBills bonus. Interesting? Posted Image

c) In all honesty, I myself plan to break the "Set-of-8" bonus by swapping in arms/torso parts from other variants, for both above BAS-E & SHC-D. Threrefore there must be something special in the mech CT to make it enticing over the existing Hero mech equivalent!

- - - - - - - - - -
[Edit]
This BAS-E with ECM CT +30% CBills bonus is coming from someone (me) who has the Ultimate Pack for Blood Asp already! I have BAS-Prime(S), and BAS-Rancor Hero mech also. I use my BAS-A & BAS-B almost exclusively, even though both are standard variants but with ECM in CT, with no CBills bonus!
[/Edit]

View PostClay Endfield, on 14 October 2021 - 07:57 PM, said:

Well, justifying the Hunter Pack was a bit of a struggle, but the prospect of a super zoomy Phoenix Hawk and a Zombie Stalker won me over.

This though? The problem with doing new Omnimech variants is that if the CT doesn't pack something worthwhile (or the stock hardpoint count + Set of Eight quirks are top notch), then the preorder just isn't worth $20. Can't fault you for trying, but I confess that while the omnipods these variants introduce improve the chassis overall... the mechs themselves are utter underwhelming. The set of 8 should be ridiculous, cause otherwise it's more prudent to wait for the C-Bill release and just buy the omnipods for pre-existing variants. Especially given that the Blood Asp A & B variant pack an ECM module in their CTs. I would recommend moving a JJ from either leg into the Blood Asp's CT (Two fixed JJs to the CT), just to give it something to distinguish itself from other variants... but then you run the risk of making the new variant less appealing to players who don't want to loose 2 slots and 4 tons to JJs.

I'll wait to see what the Set of Eight quirks are before I finalize my decision, but as of now, my wallet brimming with disposable income is saying in a very flat and decisive tone: "No."

Edited by w0qj, 15 October 2021 - 01:14 AM.

#53 P H O T O N

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Wild Dog
  • Wild Dog
  • 119 posts

Posted 15 October 2021 - 08:42 AM

Please keep the content coming, PGI. This game is brilliant, I have purchased a few bits recently to reward you guys for all your hard work.

Be nice to be able buy bundles/boosters for:

1. Colours, e.g. camo, premium, house, clan etc.
2. Camo specs which are unlocked for all mechs.
3. Cockpit items especially war horns!
4. Decal packs.
5. Player avatars.

More stats would be good. A game log is ESSENTIAL including damage done, score, win/loss etc.

It would be nice to be able to grind MC. Should be a chance to get MC in caches and in games (e.g score over 500 get 50 MC).

Thanks for all your hard work!

Titan Prometheus

#54 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,772 posts

Posted 15 October 2021 - 09:18 AM

View PostTitan Prometheus, on 15 October 2021 - 08:42 AM, said:

Please keep the content coming, PGI. This game is brilliant, I have purchased a few bits recently to reward you guys for all your hard work.

Be nice to be able buy bundles/boosters for:

1. Colours, e.g. camo, premium, house, clan etc.
2. Camo specs which are unlocked for all mechs.
3. Cockpit items especially war horns!
4. Decal packs.
5. Player avatars.

More stats would be good. A game log is ESSENTIAL including damage done, score, win/loss etc.

It would be nice to be able to grind MC. Should be a chance to get MC in caches and in games (e.g score over 500 get 50 MC).

Thanks for all your hard work!

Titan Prometheus

i kind of think the qp cache system should be buffed a little bit. it needs mechbays and mc in it. im pretty sure these prizes exist, i got some mc out of it once since it moved from the key system but never mechbays. but are so rare as to be non-existent. it is completely saturated with low end weapons and equipment you could just buy after a couple drops. its weak compared to solaris and anemic compared to the fp ranking rewards.

#55 Ch_R0me

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 613 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationIn DireStar with Heavy Naval PPC

Posted 18 October 2021 - 12:37 AM

All right.
Preordered.

#56 Duskwing

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 October 2021 - 03:04 AM

View PostFupDup, on 13 October 2021 - 12:33 PM, said:

The new Scat lets you pack up to 6 lasers (mixed with existing RA and RT pods) compared to the current cap of 4, or you can mix and match those extra lasers with ballistics/missiles. It's not a superstar by any means but it is a very necessary and significant upgrade to an underpowered and neglected mech.

Hmmmm... Shadow Cat that's gonna do four heavy medium lasers and two heavy large lasers comes to mind first here... Gonna have to check it's heat as soon as able as it's probably just too hot, but still... A strike and fade 76 alpha would be scary AND even if you'd have to get closer than with three heavy large's, you'd be able to either fire without ghostheat or expose less. That is, if your heatsinks can take that heat... ': P

#57 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,404 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 02 November 2021 - 12:08 PM

I wish/hope that BAS-E legs would have only 1x JJ in each leg, as each JJ weighs 2tons.

BAS-E pre-sale is currently listed as 2x JJ in each leg, so 4tons JJ in each leg. Which is very heavy for 90ton BAS-E.
In fact, if anyone is crazy enough equip both legs with JJ, that is 4x JJ (2 in each leg) for a total of 8ton JJ !!!!

- - - - - - - - - -
Slightly off-topic, but I wish that the Dire Wolf has:

a) 1x JJ in each leg for Dire Wolf (idea derived from the upcoming BAS-E)
b ) No JJ in CT (but keep ECM in CT) in DWF-C or a new Hero mech

My Christmas wish? Posted Image

#58 VikingN1nja

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 607 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 15 December 2021 - 06:35 AM

Why is it being held off for 30+ days?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users