• 7,697 posts

Posted 08 November 2021 - 03:40 AM

You have got the last 12 hours to earn your free Hellspawn! Posted Image

#62 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 08 November 2021 - 05:11 AM

View Postmartian, on 08 November 2021 - 03:40 AM, said:

You have got the last 12 hours to earn your free Hellspawn! Posted Image

And a little under 11 Hours now remain as I type this post. (I wonder if someone else will happen to post around Hour 10's mark?) :huh:

But, this particular Event has left me to wonder how many Loot Bag Unpack Days are being allowed afterward. We normally get 14 Days available. As of my last look, I only see 6 Days available being granted to the players, from what the Loot Bag Page says right now. I am actually worried that I'll have to unpack my bags a lot sooner than I can safely do so due to some IRL personal concerns. This makes no sense, and we're not hearing back from those who would usually say if a minor goof had occurred. :(

~D. V. "Not in a good situation for the tolling of the post-Event time period..." Devnull

[Edit by the Post's Author for a missed emoji....... shame on them!]

Edited by D V Devnull, 08 November 2021 - 05:13 AM.

#63 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,573 posts

Posted 08 November 2021 - 05:59 AM

10 hours to go Folks! Posted Image

#64 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 08 November 2021 - 01:31 PM

Slightly under 3.5 Hours left now before 2021's October "Trick-Or-Treat 7" Event evaporates like a ghost... :o

Now heading to unpack my stuff because I literally have no idea if we even get 6 Days after, or if it's really less or more than that... I really don't take well to being made to operate scared like this over a lack of information... And it happens that I could swear remembering looking forward to Loot Bag Events that arrived... What happened? -_-

~D. V. "Now fully confused... Why should questioning Loot Bag Events have to be a thing?" Devnull

#65 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,573 posts

Posted 08 November 2021 - 09:18 PM

Why the uncertainty, Dev? The site tells clearly that you have to redeem your prizes until Nov 14th.

#66 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 09 November 2021 - 01:11 AM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 08 November 2021 - 09:18 PM, said:

Why the uncertainty, Dev? The site tells clearly that you have to redeem your prizes until Nov 14th.

Because it happens that I lost all confidence & trust due to the post-Event time allowance being cut down to less than half of what it would usually be. It gave me a vibe of "Even what you might be seeing for spare time may not actually exist." in looking at it for the seventh time or more. I suppose paranoia had set in on me, but apparently that turned out for the best as I found out that a combined total of 4 Weeks of Active Premium Time had dropped themselves on me like a boat anchor. At least I've got all my ToT7 stuff acquired, and no regrets of missing anything because I didn't open it soon enough. Along with that, if certain things IRL get in the way, at least they can never do me out of what I earned now, give or take the Active Premium Time ticking off and away. Oh well... There's always the next Event to look forward for in terms of being better, right? :mellow:

~D. V. "reached the point with the ToT7 Event of feeling like they could not take any chances on stuff being lost" Devnull

[Edit by the Post's Author for some missed wording in their text.]

Edited by D V Devnull, 09 November 2021 - 01:13 AM.

#67 Big-G

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 338 posts
  • LocationFormerly New Capetown, now Kikuyu - Lyran Alliance

Posted 09 November 2021 - 01:13 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 09 November 2021 - 01:11 AM, said:

~D. V. "oops that salvo of missiles will definitely void my team mates' back armor" Devnull

Yeah... you did... Posted Image Posted Image

#68 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 10 November 2021 - 01:18 AM

View PostBig-G, on 09 November 2021 - 01:13 PM, said:

View PostD V Devnull, on 09 November 2021 - 01:11 AM, said:

~D. V. "oops that salvo of missiles will definitely void my team mates' back armor" Devnull

Yeah... you did... Posted Image Posted Image

Oh crud....... I did not use Lock-On Missiles at any time (that I can remember, anyway) during my previous battle session... But that leaves me to ask, are you the person which I accidentally killed with an Artillery Strike on the "Viridian Bog" Map during my last stack of battles? If so, then SORRY ABOUT THAT!!! Damnit... I never could figure out from that one who it was which got accidentally blown away, even though I naturally & actively avoid Team Kills if it happens that I can manage it. :( -_- :unsure:

~D. V. "I really never mean to kill a Teammate and never could intend to, merely because of who I am." Devnull

[Edit by the Post's Author because of a missed piece of a thought.]

Edited by D V Devnull, 10 November 2021 - 01:21 AM.

#69 Big-G

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 338 posts
  • LocationFormerly New Capetown, now Kikuyu - Lyran Alliance

Posted 10 November 2021 - 01:16 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 10 November 2021 - 01:18 AM, said:

Oh crud....... I did not use Lock-On Missiles at any time (that I can remember, anyway) during my previous battle session... But that leaves me to ask, are you the person which I accidentally killed with an Artillery Strike on the "Viridian Bog" Map during my last stack of battles? If so, then SORRY ABOUT THAT!!! Damnit... I never could figure out from that one who it was which got accidentally blown away, even though I naturally & actively avoid Team Kills if it happens that I can manage it. Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

~D. V. "I really never mean to kill a Teammate and never could intend to, merely because of who I am." Devnull

All good mate, like they say... sh*t happens :D

#70 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,404 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 13 November 2021 - 10:07 AM

Deadline is TODAY at the time of this posting !!!

Just a friendly reminder to redeem your "Trick Or Treat 7" loot bags by Nov 14th 4:00:00 PM (PST) / Nov 14th 23:59 PM (UTC), or they would be forfeit!

Note that there are two (2) tabs of loot bags, one for Phase 1, and another tab for Phase 2 loot bags!

https://mwomercs.com...nts?t=202110tot

#71 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 477 posts

Posted 19 November 2021 - 05:58 AM

Good afternoon.
I'm in trouble. Today I tried to take prizes from the "TRICK OR TREAT 7" Phase 1 & 2 event. 300 Loot Bags and 2 weeks of Premium Time. I managed to redeem the premium time, but for some reason I cannot redeem the loot bags. On the event page, it says that prizes must be redeemed within 14 days after the end of the event. The event ended on November 9 + 14 days = November 23, and today is only November 19. But somewhy I can’t take my prizes. Please help me to take my prizes. After all, 300 loot bags is not a Matchbox. I will be very upset if these prizes simply disappear.

I sent this message to two technical support email addresses accounts@mwomercs.com and billing@mwomercs.com But due to the language barrier, I'm not sure if I sent my message to the correct addresses. So I decided to post my message on the forum. I immediately apologize if I did it wrong.

#72 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,697 posts

Posted 19 November 2021 - 06:29 AM

View PostVoice of Kerensky, on 19 November 2021 - 05:58 AM, said:

Good afternoon.
I'm in trouble. Today I tried to take prizes from the "TRICK OR TREAT 7" Phase 1 & 2 event. 300 Loot Bags and 2 weeks of Premium Time. I managed to redeem the premium time, but for some reason I cannot redeem the loot bags. On the event page, it says that prizes must be redeemed within 14 days after the end of the event. The event ended on November 9 + 14 days = November 23, and today is only November 19. But somewhy I can’t take my prizes. Please help me to take my prizes. After all, 300 loot bags is not a Matchbox. I will be very upset if these prizes simply disappear.

Greetings!

I think that you are posting in the wrong thread. It was the October challenge that had Loot Bags: Trick Or Treat 2021 Loot Bag Event And Free Mech

The event stipulations stated that:

PGI said:

The Loot Bags will disappear on Nov 14th 4:00:00 PM (PST) / Nov 15th 12:00:00 AM (UTC)! Redeem your eligible matches on the event page before that deadline or they will be forfeit!

There is difference between Event Rewards (that can be redeemed up to two weeks after the event's end) and Event Loot Bags (that had the set redeeming deadline on the November 15).

View PostVoice of Kerensky, on 19 November 2021 - 05:58 AM, said:

I sent this message to two technical support email addresses accounts@mwomercs.com and billing@mwomercs.com But due to the language barrier, I'm not sure if I sent my message to the correct addresses. So I decided to post my message on the forum. I immediately apologize if I did it wrong.

PGI told you beforehand that:

PGI said:

• In the event that you do not redeem all of your Loot Bags prior to the above deadline, Support services will not be able to provide any retroactive rewards.

So I am afraid that you are out of luck. You have missed the deadline for Loot Bags. Posted Image

#73 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 477 posts

Posted 20 November 2021 - 01:22 AM

martian,
Thank you for your comment.
This is too bad!
I would like to express my bewilderment with the fact that prizes related to one event must be redeemed at different times. Considering the fact that the timer in the game menu even now continues to show that there is still time to redeem prizes. It seems to me that it would be logical to make the time of redemption of prizes the same for loot bags and prizes earned for completing tasks.
Devs must be more attentive to such things, not forgetting that there are players in this game who do not speak English.
I can only note that I became a victim of a somewhat incorrect presentation of information about the event. In the challenges for the event indicate that the prizes must be redeemed within 14 days after the end of the event. The in-game timer also indicates that there is still time for redemption of prizes for the event. This is wrong.
In early November, I had to go on vacation to a place where there is no connection. I made every effort to complete all the tasks of the event before my departure. I did not take a single loot bag or a single premium time prize so that the premium time would not be wasted. My confidence that I have time to pick up my prizes was supported by the dates indicated in the tasks for the first and second phases, the in-game timer, as well as the logic according to which the time for redeeming prizes for one event should be the same. And so, based on this, I just lost 300 loot bags. This is not fair. I will not hide. I am very annoyed.
I will try not to continue this topic here anymore.

#74 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,697 posts

Posted 20 November 2021 - 02:29 AM

View PostVoice of Kerensky, on 20 November 2021 - 01:22 AM, said:

martian,
Thank you for your comment.

You are welcome.

I am sorry for the bad news.

This is too bad!
I would like to express my bewilderment with the fact that prizes related to one event must be redeemed at different times. Considering the fact that the timer in the game menu even now continues to show that there is still time to redeem prizes. It seems to me that it would be logical to make the time of redemption of prizes the same for loot bags and prizes earned for completing tasks.

I agree with you.

Devs must be more attentive to such things, not forgetting that there are players in this game who do not speak English.
I can only note that I became a victim of a somewhat incorrect presentation of information about the event. In the challenges for the event indicate that the prizes must be redeemed within 14 days after the end of the event. The in-game timer also indicates that there is still time for redemption of prizes for the event. This is wrong.

I think that this is something that PGI could improve.

In early November, I had to go on vacation to a place where there is no connection. I made every effort to complete all the tasks of the event before my departure. I did not take a single loot bag or a single premium time prize so that the premium time would not be wasted. My confidence that I have time to pick up my prizes was supported by the dates indicated in the tasks for the first and second phases, the in-game timer, as well as the logic according to which the time for redeeming prizes for one event should be the same. And so, based on this, I just lost 300 loot bags. This is not fair. I will not hide. I am very annoyed.
I will try not to continue this topic here anymore.

That sucks.

But look at the bright side: You have got the Hellspawn - a fine BattleMech.

#75 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 477 posts

Posted 21 November 2021 - 05:37 PM

martian
Thank you for words of support.
Yes, this is an extremely unpleasant situation when a tool introduced by the developers for the convenience of the players shows such inaccurate information about the time remaining until the deadline.
This screenshot is full of mechwarrior pain:
Posted Image

#76 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,697 posts

Posted 21 November 2021 - 09:31 PM

View PostVoice of Kerensky, on 21 November 2021 - 05:37 PM, said:

martian
Thank you for words of support.
Yes, this is an extremely unpleasant situation when a tool introduced by the developers for the convenience of the players shows such inaccurate information about the time remaining until the deadline.
This screenshot is full of mechwarrior pain:
Posted Image

Yeah, that sucks.

You lost a few thousand , enough to buy three Mechbays, about a week of Premium Time and some GXP and GSPs. Not counting some Cool Shots and UAVs and other consumables.

Perhaps the Community Manager will read your mesage. Maybe he will have it in mind when preparing future events like this one.

#77 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 477 posts

Posted 21 November 2021 - 10:32 PM

View Postmartian, on 21 November 2021 - 09:31 PM, said:

Yeah, that sucks.

You lost a few thousand , enough to buy three Mechbays, about a week of Premium Time and some GXP and GSPs. Not counting some Cool Shots and UAVs and other consumables.

Indeed, a lot has been lost. And I really wanted to save up for the Jester and the Redline...

View Postmartian, on 21 November 2021 - 09:31 PM, said:

Perhaps the Community Manager will read your mesage. Maybe he will have it in mind when preparing future events like this one.

Maybe it will work. After all, this does not require very much:
a ) Or make the same time for redeeming prizes within the same event, so as not to confuse players who do not speak English;
b ) Or indicate the correct time until the deadline on the in-game timer for the community;
c ) Or, even better, do both.

Edited by Voice of Kerensky, 21 November 2021 - 10:32 PM.

#78 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,697 posts

Posted 21 November 2021 - 11:19 PM

View PostVoice of Kerensky, on 21 November 2021 - 10:32 PM, said:

Maybe it will work. After all, this does not require very much:
a ) Or make the same time for redeeming prizes within the same event, so as not to confuse players who do not speak English;
b ) Or indicate the correct time until the deadline on the in-game timer for the community;
c ) Or, even better, do both.

Use Private Message to let him know.

#79 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 477 posts

Posted 21 November 2021 - 11:53 PM

View Postmartian, on 21 November 2021 - 11:19 PM, said:

Use Private Message to let him know.

Already done.

#80 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 477 posts

Posted 22 November 2021 - 04:37 PM

Today PGI allowed me to pick up the loot bags.
I want to express my gratitude to PGI. I do not know of a specific peoples who helped me with this issue. Therefore, I will say this: my big thank you very kind people!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users