#82 Charles Sennet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • 387 posts
  • LocationCurrently obscured by ECM

Posted 16 October 2021 - 03:25 AM

View PostPeppaPig, on 16 October 2021 - 01:11 AM, said:

PLEASE can I have some of what PGI, Francois and the Cauldron are smoking!

Clearly they have engaged navel gazing with a +5 HSL bonus with yet another round of ever increasingly destructive changes Posted Image

The fact that the Commando has quirked to be even harder to kill - c.f. Ash's diatribe that the COM didn't need anything a couple of months back, just brings to question what game they are playing and in reality, what planet they are living on?????

On a more serious note; PGI did need input from the Community as to what direction would be best to follow having ignored year's worth of fine suggestions from all quarters. What we appear to have now is a ridiculous clique that are focused on what THEY feel is right and then justify their decisions so vehemently that they actually believe them to be true, regardless of all the feedback.

By all means, try to support beneficial change, but you have to accept that you will get it wrong and have to go back and readdress those aspects instead of this blinded approach to simply keep living in denial.

This thread has a suggestion that feedback is wrong and that the cauldron or at least certain members are unquestionably right and that people's feedback will drive others away couldn't be further from the truth - the dogpile approach being applied and the forum bullying (just watch to see the same people defending the same decisions and attacking posters when they dare to say anything off the scope of the vocal minority) is what will kill the game. It's limping along now compared to the great numbers it used to carry, because of the introspective and destructive attitude being enforced that is the preferred way to ignore the majority of the players.

The proliferation of pinpoint damage is problematic but if they're going to increase it, they needed to do it for both IS and Clan tech in (relative) equal measure. Right now there's a Grand Canyon level gap between the two at multiple range brackets; brawl, mid, and snipe.

Exactly. The Commando buffs defy understanding. Somewhere, right now, (pre-patch) there is a Commando running around shrugging off hundreds of points of damage and laughing. Those quirks are fine if this mech has normal hit reg/boxes. It doesn't. That's been a well-known fact for years so why buff it more?

Overall the Cauldron has done a good job bringing fun back to many builds. But the dramatic increases to IS pinpoint damage (after years of hearing how Clan pinpoint was the devil) and lack of sensitivity for how the changes they make are impacting IS/Clan balance are real concerns.

#83 Ostsr

• Pip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 October 2021 - 03:33 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 15 October 2021 - 03:24 PM, said:

Nightstar
NSR-9P:
  • Removed ballistic velocity
  • Reduced UAC jam chance to -10% (from 25%)

Why?
Or...
Prices on crack drop down in canada? You got a full stock?

Edited by Ostsr, 16 October 2021 - 03:33 AM.

#84 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 16 October 2021 - 04:12 AM

Can we get more of Navid politely explaining things and less of Ash negging everyone?

#85 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 16 October 2021 - 04:22 AM

Commandos are the only lights I play wherein, despite my near suicidal tendencies, I can quite often survive long enough to run out of ammo. These buffs are going to encourage (at least me) to engage in even dumber game play than that little bugger's already wonky hit boxes allow.

Oh look, an upcoming event with a scouting requirement!

Leroy...

#86 Lifeblight

• PipPip
  • The Serpent
  • The Serpent
  • 32 posts

Posted 16 October 2021 - 04:42 AM

Cauldron buffing the meta IS mechs they like to play. The Stalker and Warhammer needed help? Way to go on the Viper, one of the most obscure clan mechs out there. The commando needed buffs? It's broken and everyone knows it and it gets buffs?

Why are you guys trying to ruin this game so hard by destroying the balance? You can say what you want but it's blatantly obvious, embarrassing and dishonest to pretend otherwise.

#87 Ravni

• PipPip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 39 posts

Posted 16 October 2021 - 04:45 AM

Great looking patch - Mark has outdone himself with the new Stalker pattern & boltons. Best looking special mech in the game. Hard to tell from a few screenshots, but Viridian looks to be more vertically complex while also more friendly to non-JJ mechs. Hopefully no fog added Posted Image

Balance changes look well thought out. I'm even somehow tempted to pick up a Fury (!) to try out, however the JR7-IIC-2 & -3 seem underwhelming to me. All the VPR, PXH, STK & WHM changes in particular look great: breathing some life into new builds & underutilized variants, without buffing the already best-performing loadouts much or at all. The new PXH-7S w/ 7ML looks like an extremely strong skirmisher, but I'll reserve judgement there until we see it in action.

I'm a little concerned about the MASC change to FLE-17, but hopefully won't be unbalancing.

#88 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,815 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 16 October 2021 - 04:50 AM

View PostLifeblight, on 16 October 2021 - 04:42 AM, said:

Cauldron buffing the meta IS mechs they like to play.

Wait… the griffin, thunderbolt, raven, and JENNER are meta mechs that people like to play?

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#89 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 16 October 2021 - 05:41 AM

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 16 October 2021 - 04:50 AM, said:

Wait… the griffin, thunderbolt, raven, and JENNER are meta mechs that people like to play?

Exactly.

I've been harping on about the Griffin being bad for nearly 6 months because it was bad. There is of course others still to come in future patches.

The mechs getting buffs bare so far outside of "META" it's actually very odd to see them even called "META". I can only assume such comments are either trolls or from lack of understanding.

View PostBowelhacker, on 16 October 2021 - 04:12 AM, said:

Can we get more of Navid politely explaining things and less of Ash negging everyone?

Yes saying a single users repeating suggestions over many months is "negging" "everyone".

Please ensure before making comments that you look without the extreme bias you are clearly showing here.

#90 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 16 October 2021 - 05:52 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 16 October 2021 - 12:33 AM, said:

Yes the old "I have video of this", then later in this thread "I have video of that".

Heard it 100s of times and truly nothing ground breaking.

Sorry you did not heed the Faction Play warnings and brought your team down! Actually you should be the one that's sorry, the warning screens are explicitly clear.

This has nothing to do with the "warnings" for Faction play, and everything to do with your behavior in a match where your coordinated team was clearly dominating our uncoordinated pugs, and you still felt the need to mock and belittle myself and another player in All-Chat. I'm pretty sure the only "kills" we got were your teammates ejecting when they ran out of ammo, so at that point, it had less to do with build choices, and more to do with the fact that the coordinated team almost always beats the snot out of the team of random individuals.

Edited by C337Skymaster, 16 October 2021 - 06:01 AM.

#91 Charles Sennet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • 387 posts

Posted 16 October 2021 - 06:46 AM

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 16 October 2021 - 04:50 AM, said:

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Maybe not but the Warhammer, Stalker, and Commando are already Tier 1 chassis that get buffs.

The Cauldron's stated goal was to use quirks to bring all chassis to a relatively equal footing and make more of them fun/viable. That's a solid goal. So, why then, do we have Tier 1 mechs getting buffs when they were already far ahead of others?

Further, if these T1 Inner Sphere mechs are getting buffs, where are the quirks for the BAS and VGL?

#92 Charles Sennet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • 387 posts

Posted 16 October 2021 - 06:56 AM

View PostBud Crue, on 16 October 2021 - 04:22 AM, said:

Commandos are the only lights I play wherein, despite my near suicidal tendencies, I can quite often survive long enough to run out of ammo. These buffs are going to encourage (at least me) to engage in even dumber game play than that little bugger's already wonky hit boxes allow.

Exactly. Buffs would be fine if its hit reg/boxes were not broke AF. For some reason certain people making important decisions refuse to recognize the issue with this mech despite it being common knowledge. Its a head-scratcher.

#93 Ravni

• PipPip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 39 posts

Posted 16 October 2021 - 06:58 AM

View PostCharles Sennet, on 16 October 2021 - 06:46 AM, said:

Maybe not but the Warhammer, Stalker, and Commando are already Tier 1 chassis that get buffs.

The Cauldron's stated goal was to use quirks to bring all chassis to a relatively equal footing and make more of them fun/viable. That's a solid goal. So, why then, do we have Tier 1 mechs getting buffs when they were already far ahead of others?

Further, if these T1 Inner Sphere mechs are getting buffs, where are the quirks for the BAS and VGL?

The top competitive variants like COM-1D & STK-5S were barely touched - moreover even those mechs are not at all dominating the field in quick play. How frequently are you seeing commandos dominate your soup matches with 1k+ damage and 5+ kills? I see the best clan laservomit mechs do that all the time.

Be honest: when was the last time you actually saw a COM-3A in the game (the one variant that got real buffs). I'm pretty sure I've never seen one ever.

#94 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 16 October 2021 - 07:01 AM

View PostRavni, on 16 October 2021 - 06:58 AM, said:

The top competitive variants like COM-1D & STK-5S were barely touched - moreover even those mechs are not at all dominating the field in quick play. How frequently are you seeing commandos dominate your soup matches with 1k+ damage and 5+ kills? I see the best clan laservomit mechs do that all the time.

Be honest: when was the last time you actually saw a COM-3A in the game (the one variant that got real buffs). I'm pretty sure I've never seen one ever.

And the Warhammer 7S just went from a “what is a 7S” to “hmm, I gotta try that.”

#95 Flanking Boy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 129 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 16 October 2021 - 07:02 AM

there is a thing that nobody have mentions, that makes me very happy.

is the line bug fix it not many times i have seen this since summer 2019. :D

#96 Charles Sennet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • 387 posts

Posted 16 October 2021 - 07:04 AM

View PostRavni, on 16 October 2021 - 06:58 AM, said:

Commandos are already cheat code level menace especially in Faction Play when there are often multiple and they shrug off a high percentage of damage taking heat, ammo, and time to take down.

#97 Ravni

• PipPip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 39 posts

Posted 16 October 2021 - 07:08 AM

View PostCharles Sennet, on 16 October 2021 - 07:04 AM, said:

Commandos are already cheat code level menace especially in Faction Play when there are often multiple and they shrug off a high percentage of damage taking heat, ammo, and time to take down.

Did you even look at the patch notes? The COM-1D - the actual good Commando that gets used - had it's right arm structure quirk converted to armor. Literally minus 15 structure, plus 15 armor. That's it. That is all. There is nothing else. You seriously - honestly, seriously (seriously, seriously) - think this is going to imbalance the game?

#98 Charles Sennet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • 387 posts

Posted 16 October 2021 - 07:15 AM

Are you seriously saying the Commando's hit reg is not broken? This is the point and the difficulty in getting certain people to admit that is comical.

This broken chassis needs no additional help until its fixed. Simple as that.

#99 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 16 October 2021 - 07:18 AM

Some people see the word “commando” and their line of thinking stops there.

Now what I want to know is how the built-in seismic sensors work. Does that mean the Raven gets 100m seismic with no skill point investment and that skill nodes increase its radius twice afterward, ending up with 300m of seismic with both skill nodes?

Edited by ScrapIron Prime, 16 October 2021 - 07:20 AM.

#100 Ravni

• PipPip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 39 posts

Posted 16 October 2021 - 07:25 AM

The only mech I've seen hitreg issues on are MASC Fleas (both playing them and shooting them). Playing both as and against Commandos, I don't see any real hitreg issues: I recommend you aim for the top of the leg or lower torso center of mass when shooting them. If aiming at the lower leg from the side, you are likely to miss a lot due to their movement.

The only thing I could see as a hitreg issue with commandos is that sometimes things that appear to be back torso shots hit a front side torso due to how low to the ground they are and how fast they can torso twist. I don't have issues where a shot that should have connected with a torso just completely misses for no reason.

Edited by Ravni, 16 October 2021 - 07:27 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users