• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,573 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 19 October 2021 - 06:50 AM

WRONG. You've gotta jump up and click your heels together three times, and then do what you just stated as below :)

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 19 October 2021 - 05:16 AM, said:

Well it IS almost Halloween. Speak his name 3 times in a mirror and he might feature you getting embarrassingly pwned in a video!

#22 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,275 posts

Posted 26 October 2021 - 12:30 AM

Second Headshot!

The Event results table confirms that. Posted Image

Posted Image

I jumped from the rooftop - this is why my Head-up Display shows the -18 m/s vertical speed - and right in front of the enemy Black Lanner. Tell me about the bad luck. Posted Image

I fired my alpha strike targeted on his cockpit ... you know, just scare him for the crucial one second when your 'Mech touches the ground, but can not run yet ... and I headcapped him. Posted Image

Posted Image

Other than that, it was a fairly average game. I added the second kill and it was over.

Posted Image

Got that green arrow and went home ...

Posted Image

My 'Mech was the free Arctic Cheetah E that PGI gave away about three months ago.

Posted Image

How are you progressing with those headshots?

#23 Saved By The Bell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 711 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 26 October 2021 - 03:14 AM

Yesterday one Fafnir with 2 heavy gauss and 4-6(?) flamers killed a lot. Even I forgot not to shoot at him under flamers and was killed 2 times.

He was able to come close, pretty good.

#24 w0qj

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,573 posts

Posted 26 October 2021 - 07:42 AM

Thank you!! Never thought of looking at the ingame Event to see my actual headshot progress (the "E" Event icon at the bottom of the MechBay).

1st recent headshot was by my Grinner Hero mech as described above :)

Got my 2nd & 3rd of my headshots from my very first (unskilled) Stalker-7D(S) game.
Opponents freaked out at my Stalker laser vomit output, and did thermal shutdown right in front of me.
It's like shooting fish in a barrel Posted Image

That said, did not have anymore headshots in the past 10 days... which is very normal for me Posted Image

Thanks again for asking!!

Edited by w0qj, 26 October 2021 - 07:44 AM.

#25 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,275 posts

Posted 26 October 2021 - 08:10 AM

View Postw0qj, on 26 October 2021 - 07:42 AM, said:

Got my 2nd & 3rd of my headshots ..

Very nice, congrats! Posted Image

#26 TELEFORCE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 26 October 2021 - 09:03 AM

I definitely get a lot of my head shots by accident. But lately I've been intentionally gunning for the head with all my direct-fire weapons for a fun challenge. I managed to take out a pristine Dire Wolf in one game with Gauss to the 'mech's face. Another game I took down a Warhawk with dual HPPCs to the cockpit.

Fortunately if any of my shots miss the head they usually hit the CT or a side torso anyway, so not much is lost in the effort.

#27 OP8

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 142 posts

Posted 26 October 2021 - 06:19 PM

Here's my trick. Any time there's a headshot requirement, I have a specific go-to mech that has an abnormal ability for frequent headshots. Get a Nightstar-9p. Put 2 heavy gauss in it like shown below. The projectiles leave your mech high enough and close to your cockpit with these specific benefits: on a slow and steady torso that stabilizes your aim without last second trigger jitters, the guns have the same line of sight you do and have a near instant weapon convergence at 300m, shots are less likely to intersect with enemy's chassis geometry and invisible hitbox overlap.
Use your huge CT armor to charge an unsuspecting King Crab with that big window glass right in the center. Daka KCs will have to point straight at you to maximize their DPS, and will be startled when you don't try to evade their fire to charge them. The rest is trigger discipline and a little luck. It never takes me more than 10 matches to force a headshot on an enemy assault mech, when they put headshot requirements in events. I don't typically play with intent to headshot most of the other time.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#28 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,072 posts

Posted 26 October 2021 - 07:41 PM

lol, manparts.

#29 w0qj

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,573 posts

Posted 26 October 2021 - 08:01 PM

Commander to Soldier: Are you absolutely positively sure that it was the Heavy Gauss round that hit the cockpit glass, or some other projectile?

#30 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,138 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 26 October 2021 - 11:56 PM

The B33F still plays i saw him in a match with a few of his friends as a premade a few days ago (was running a weird name), he can rename himself as many times as he wants but that voice is a one of a kind on comms..

Sadly hes not as frequent these days it seems.

#31 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,275 posts

Posted 27 October 2021 - 12:16 AM

View PostOP8, on 26 October 2021 - 06:19 PM, said:

I don't typically play with intent to headshot most of the other time. ...

I typically play with one intent: "Survive!" Posted Image

Typical mindset if you usually pilot Lights and low-end Mediums .... Posted Image

Edited by martian, 27 October 2021 - 12:16 AM.

#32 Ignatius Audene

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 29 October 2021 - 06:08 AM

View Postmartian, on 27 October 2021 - 12:16 AM, said:

I typically play with one intent: "Survive!" Posted Image

Typical mindset if you usually pilot Lights and low-end Mediums .... Posted Image

Lol my typical mindset: prey!

#33 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,275 posts

Posted 06 November 2021 - 09:54 AM

View PostIgnatius Audene, on 29 October 2021 - 06:08 AM, said:

Lol my typical mindset: prey!

Squirrel in a little Locust or Commando can break the unity of almost every team. Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users