• Location/dev/null

Posted 18 October 2021 - 04:40 PM

Woo hoo! AC sound bug fixed!

#3 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 18 October 2021 - 05:26 PM

Gonna ruin mods?

#4 Thorqemada

• 6,365 posts

Posted 18 October 2021 - 07:33 PM

I was told the missing GOG.com Kestrel Lancer OST would probably come with the patch though it has not yet appeared.

At first glance it did run well with Win11, had a fatal crash changing graphical settings (FX Sharpening off->on).

Edited by Thorqemada, 18 October 2021 - 07:34 PM.

#5 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,367 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 18 October 2021 - 07:59 PM

Wow, video games (like MW5) is having problems with Windows 11 ?

Also did not notice that MW5 need you to pay for mech repairs after a fight!

#6 Thorqemada

• 6,365 posts

Posted 18 October 2021 - 09:11 PM

The game missions etc. ran well, it was in the menu and i dont know what the real issue is - so far this is anecdotal...

#7 13Tradesman

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 42 posts

Posted 18 October 2021 - 10:58 PM

Yes...there is still the graphic setting fatal error that crashes the game to desktop...at least on my AMD system...I noticed it seems to happen more when a mission is loaded or loading in the background...say you change from the deployment screen and then go into the mechbay area and press escape to access the game menu, change a graphic setting, hit apply and then -> Fatal error crash.

The other thing that still needs to be fixed is the salvage around the crashed ship sites (usually a number of salvage crates surrounding the site and in the ship itself...not giving any salvage after the mission when you pick them up. One of the new mission type variants has the same issue when the target mech is destroyed...the salvage crate it drops gives you absolutely nothing.

Well at least the performance has improved significantly since the patch...thank you for the improvement there.

#8 pacifica812

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 310 posts
  • LocationAt home, at work, or on the stage... mostly

Posted 18 October 2021 - 11:17 PM

View Post13Tradesman, on 18 October 2021 - 10:58 PM, said:

Yes...there is still the graphic setting fatal error that crashes the game to desktop...at least on my AMD system...I noticed it seems to happen more when a mission is loaded or loading in the background...say you change from the deployment screen and then go into the mechbay area and press escape to access the game menu, change a graphic setting, hit apply and then -> Fatal error crash.

The other thing that still needs to be fixed is the salvage around the crashed ship sites (usually a number of salvage crates surrounding the site and in the ship itself...not giving any salvage after the mission when you pick them up. One of the new mission type variants has the same issue when the target mech is destroyed...the salvage crate it drops gives you absolutely nothing.

Well at least the performance has improved significantly since the patch...thank you for the improvement there.

The salvage crates around the dropship restock some of your ammo. Take notice next time you pick it up.

Also, I can say the same about performance. Since the DLC update, my machine is running a lot cooler. I was quite impressed, actually.

#9 Thorqemada

• 6,365 posts

Posted 19 October 2021 - 01:37 AM

Oh, in regard to running cooler, i noticed that the game in the starting/loading screen does not recognize my FPS limits i have set with Radeon Chill.

As i like it cool and quite and my Monitor runs at 60Hz (of 75Hz max so why bother) and i set Chill to 60 max.

Yet in the loading screen it runs with 300something FPS which is unnecessary - 1FPS would be as good - but enabling VSync helps and then it runs at 60Hz=60FPS.

Edited by Thorqemada, 19 October 2021 - 01:56 AM.

#10 Steve Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,464 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 October 2021 - 08:18 AM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 18 October 2021 - 05:26 PM, said:

Gonna ruin mods?

At least not for my (heavily) modded MW5 install.

#11 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 19 October 2021 - 10:00 AM

560 MB patch for so little changes, at least when you look at the notes. So what else changed?
I mean you (PGI) said "Here are a few highlights of this update:" so that suggests that there is more?!

#12 Mighty Spike

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,589 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 19 October 2021 - 10:19 AM

Gonna ruin mods?

my installed yet "another Mchlab mod" rund without problems after patch.

#13 Shumpmaker

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 3 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted 19 October 2021 - 10:29 AM

MWO had a 250Mb patch today too that is not listed anywhere? Anyone know what the Oct 18/19 MWO patch did?

#14 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 19 October 2021 - 10:57 AM

View PostShumpmaker, on 19 October 2021 - 10:29 AM, said:

MWO had a 250Mb patch today too that is not listed anywhere? Anyone know what the Oct 18/19 MWO patch did?

You can find the MWO patchnotes here
https://mwomercs.com...0-19october2021

#15 BigSnarf

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 22 October 2021 - 11:43 PM

Gonna ruin mods?

Yup, a lot of my mods are royally boned after this update. All sound mods are screwed, and any mod that changes the in game HUD is fried- besides precision sights mod- no more advanced zoom mod for now. Getting really tired of PGI not making updates compatible with mods.
Other than those mod types I've listed- most of my other mods I have work fine. Just sucks having crappy vanilla sound forced down my throat- it sounds so bad compared to the sound mods.

#16 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 24 October 2021 - 08:54 PM

View PostBigSnarf, on 22 October 2021 - 11:43 PM, said:

Yup, a lot of my mods are royally boned after this update. All sound mods are screwed, and any mod that changes the in game HUD is fried- besides precision sights mod- no more advanced zoom mod for now. Getting really tired of PGI not making updates compatible with mods.
Other than those mod types I've listed- most of my other mods I have work fine. Just sucks having crappy vanilla sound forced down my throat- it sounds so bad compared to the sound mods.

You'll have to live with that. This is how it works with every moddable game I've ever seen and being involved in Mods for XCOM 2 myself. The developer can't possibly account for every mod that may be out there. If you are lucky, they are in touch with some of the bigger modders from the scene and let them know what is coming, so they can prepare.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users