Opinions On Executioners?

BattleMechs Gameplay Loadout

19 replies to this topic

#1 Adam Sandler

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationProudly living in Jade Falcon territory

Posted 19 February 2024 - 05:57 PM

I've been using an Executioner with 13 ER-Medium Lasers and it's working very well. (Yes, 13, with OK heat management). I've heard this mech isn't the best, what do you all think?

#2 Rondoe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 247 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 19 February 2024 - 06:10 PM

So I guess you are talking about the Executioner-M ?

I have no idea if it is any "Good" or not as I have never played one. I do own an EXE-A and the EXE-CH but I never use them much, not really fond of them.

ER-Med's will rack up a lot of heat in exchange for the extended range, I'd drop them down to just regular Medium lasers if it was me, or drop a few and use med. pulse lasers instead. or maybe even drop a few for some extra heat sinks for better heat management.

#3 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,787 posts

Posted 19 February 2024 - 06:37 PM

its good when you got the masc, jj and its high mobility in play. its not a hill humper (its a down right knuckle dragger) but it is a good corner brawler. it can move in and out of cover fast and thus is good for trading at mid to short ranges. with top notch positioning the mech is very strong. it caters to a specific high mobility play style.

Edited by LordNothing, 19 February 2024 - 06:38 PM.

#4 CFC Conky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,761 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 19 February 2024 - 06:56 PM

View PostRondoe, on 19 February 2024 - 06:10 PM, said:

So I guess you are talking about the Executioner-M ?

I have no idea if it is any "Good" or not as I have never played one. I do own an EXE-A and the EXE-CH but I never use them much, not really fond of them.

ER-Med's will rack up a lot of heat in exchange for the extended range, I'd drop them down to just regular Medium lasers if it was me, or drop a few and use med. pulse lasers instead. or maybe even drop a few for some extra heat sinks for better heat management.

The Executioner is a Clan mech, all lasers are ER...

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

#5 crazytimes

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 19 February 2024 - 08:27 PM

There is lots of laser vomit builds. The current EXE usage takes advantage of a MASC bug, which is getting fixed very soon... but they should still be functional platforms even once fixed, and there's some changes coming this patch which will help some builds.

https://grimmechs.is...=Clan&c=assault

13 ERML doesn't make the recommended list...

Edited by crazytimes, 19 February 2024 - 08:36 PM.

#6 RickySpanish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,511 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 19 February 2024 - 08:48 PM

It's situational, and was very favoured in competitive play. However it's a rather craptastic 'Mech in general outside of the one build it was good at - 3 ER PPCs and Micro lasers. Nowadays after the introduction of Binary Lasers there are better mid-long range 'Mechs, like the Stalker. You have to be quite good in it to do well, it's a tall and wide 'Mech with mostly poor mounts. I would say if your opinion is already that it's not great, then you aren't magically going to find something that clicks.

Edited by RickySpanish, 19 February 2024 - 08:48 PM.

#7 Bassault

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • 366 posts

Posted 20 February 2024 - 10:41 AM

Your build is terrible. The best build is 2 erppc 6 ermicro 6 small pulse. It is extremely powerful and has almost no weakness. It can trade with poptarting or go in and brawl/defend itself with the small lasers. It has MASC and JJ so it can run around anywhere wherever it wants. It is a comp staple for so long and on QP it is also extremely effective. There was a tournament where we were allowed to use as many of a mech as we wanted so we just ran 4 executioners and we never lost at all. In my opinion, it is overpowered and the best mech in the game as it can do anything in any situation and always come out on top.

Edited by Bassault, 20 February 2024 - 10:42 AM.

#8 Jon Gotham

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,630 posts

Posted 20 February 2024 - 01:19 PM

View PostBassault, on 20 February 2024 - 10:41 AM, said:

Your build is terrible. The best build ....

Way to get him onside with your point.

#9 Adam Sandler

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 February 2024 - 02:40 PM

View Postcrazytimes, on 19 February 2024 - 08:27 PM, said:

The current EXE usage takes advantage of a MASC bug, which is getting fixed very soon

what MASC bug?

#10 Ttly

• PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 20 February 2024 - 02:43 PM

If you're playing it just for 3ERPPC poptart then you might as well play a VEagle, Summoner, or even TBR-S, it's a very boring build no matter how "meta" it is, and being a 95t assault with no endosteel, I'd tell you to just play to its quirks that are there to make up for the lack of it even if it's unoptimal pigeon-holing if only because it's less boring.

For QP messing around I'd recommend just getting Exe-C with its -100% UAC Jam and hitting people with UAC20 doubletap left and right, it's as hot as clan ballistics get but it's fun enough, and if you really want to you can strip some armor and go 2UAC20 with only -50% jam with some omnipods.
Oh right, it's also a MASC mechs and a lot of MASC mechs in this game suffers from "if you can't abuse the MASC then you're just playing a worse mech" syndrome, having it locked on the LT doesn't really help either.
Really, in the end Executioner just feels like a 95t assault that wants to pretend it's a heavy more often than not.
And the Sovereign just straight up ditches the whole gimmick of the chassis with no MASC+less JJs which kind of says to me that the devs gave up on that part.

Edited by Ttly, 20 February 2024 - 02:54 PM.

#11 Bassault

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • 366 posts

Posted 20 February 2024 - 02:51 PM

View PostAdam Sandler, on 20 February 2024 - 02:40 PM, said:

what MASC bug?

You can activate the masc and your crosshair will shake, but your weapons will still aim true. It's pretty good for close range use. However, that's hardly a factor in the mech's usefulness. You could fix that and the mech would still be incredibly powerful.

Edited by Bassault, 20 February 2024 - 02:52 PM.

#12 Adam Sandler

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 February 2024 - 03:22 PM

View PostBassault, on 20 February 2024 - 02:51 PM, said:

You can activate the masc and your crosshair will shake, but your weapons will still aim true. It's pretty good for close range use. However, that's hardly a factor in the mech's usefulness. You could fix that and the mech would still be incredibly powerful.

I got some bad news
They fixed it in the most recent patch

#13 crazytimes

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 20 February 2024 - 03:49 PM

View PostAdam Sandler, on 20 February 2024 - 03:22 PM, said:

I got some bad news
They fixed it in the most recent patch

Which is why I said "getting fixed very soon" when I bought it up... And as Bassault and I also said, that is just a bonus, not anything their usage was dependent on. The MASC still aids positioning and survivability, even if shooting on the move is less useful now.

#14 MarcinT1981

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 109 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 21 February 2024 - 09:30 AM

I LOVE ANNIHILATORS said true , Executioner is op as hell , Its hard to play, not for new players , but SNIPER/BRAWL/JJ/MASC Combo is a killer . Its only weakness is a player

#15 Adam Sandler

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 February 2024 - 04:38 PM

The best build is 2 erppc 6 ermicro 6 small pulse. It is extremely powerful and has almost no weakness.

I ran this last game and you're absolutely right

#16 Bassault

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • 366 posts

Posted 23 February 2024 - 04:42 PM

View PostAdam Sandler, on 23 February 2024 - 04:38 PM, said:

I ran this last game and you're absolutely right

Yeah the only problem is that it takes a lot of skill to play, it is unlike most mechs in the game.

#17 Heavy Money

• The Marauder
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 23 February 2024 - 07:19 PM

As said, it is one of the best if not THE best mech in the game. But that relies on you being able to play to its strengths, which is the mobility and ability to keep its exposure low in the right situations. So basically it is as good as your ability to read the map and position properly.

#18 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,684 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 24 February 2024 - 06:55 PM

Your build is terrible. The best build is 2 erppc 6 ermicro 6 small pulse. It is extremely powerful and has almost no weakness. It can trade with poptarting or go in and brawl/defend itself with the small lasers. It has MASC and JJ so it can run around anywhere wherever it wants. It is a comp staple for so long and on QP it is also extremely effective. There was a tournament where we were allowed to use as many of a mech as we wanted so we just ran 4 executioners and we never lost at all. In my opinion, it is overpowered and the best mech in the game as it can do anything in any situation and always come out on top.

People are allowed to run their pet jank if they're having fun, they just can't come here and whine about it not working when jank does as it does. OP seems pretty happy with his build so what's the issue? He's not here asking for spurious nerfs.

#19 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,421 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 25 February 2024 - 12:37 AM

+1
I personally consider this forum thread closed...

~OP commented on his/her build... did not ask for feedback...

~Feedback actually seemed to provide improved build (2xERPPC + 6x ermicro + 6x small pulse)

View PostAdam Sandler, on 19 February 2024 - 05:57 PM, said:

I've been using an Executioner with 13 ER-Medium Lasers and it's working very well. (Yes, 13, with OK heat management). I've heard this mech isn't the best, what do you all think?

#20 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,787 posts

Posted 26 February 2024 - 03:36 PM

its a divisive beast thats for sure. you either love it or hate it. there is no middle ground. it can do great things in the right hands or flop completely in the wrong ones.

View PostBassault, on 23 February 2024 - 04:42 PM, said:

Yeah the only problem is that it takes a lot of skill to play, it is unlike most mechs in the game.

im not that skilled but i am aggressive, and exe does aggression.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users