• 31 posts
  • LocationConroe, TX

Posted 16 November 2021 - 08:30 AM

NSR-10P
UAC10x2
2HMG
LLx1
ERMLx1

I had a really fun match with my Nightstar 10P last night. Domination on V-Bog, and the reds were clumping up around B3 and B4. A few were pushing the center. Sensing that most of the enemy team was elsewhere, I decided to push the flank on the center plateau. Me and a teammate ended up surprising a Warhammer IIC, and we had him down in a few seconds. We then surprised a Spider 5D, who promptly ran off. That was it for the mechs on the plateau.

I turned my attention across the gap to the B3 high ground - there was no one in sight. I re-positioned a couple of times, which takes a while at 53 kph. I'm not sure when it happened, but it was during this time I lost track of my wing man. While I was looking for my next target, I was blindsided by a single mech behind me. I spun on my attacker, and let fly with an alpha strike, then followed up with more HMG and UAC10 fire. He went down quickly. I'm not sure, but I believe this was a heavy mech with a brawling build. No sooner than finishing him off, 2 more enemies were on my left flank, which was critical at this point.

With my back open, and running hot from my previous engagement, I opened up with my ballistics and feathered the energy weapons as often as I dared. While walking backward, I aimed center torso on the biggest mech, which I believe was a Mad Cat of some description. I soon had him torso twisting and falling back. As the Mad Cat faded around the rock wall, I shifted to the smaller mech, which I believe was a medium IS mech. He immediately tried pushing for my open back side. I kept my crosshairs trained on his center torso. After 8-10 seconds, he was down and my front side was wide open too. No armor, and structure glowing a deep orange on the paper doll, the Mad Cat had come around the rock pillar to fire on my backside. I spun as fast as I was able, turning with my legs and my torso at the same time. I peppered him with HMG fire, and he went down in a heap.

Heart pounding, I looked at the scoreboard. It was 10-7. There was a skirmish still happening in B3-B4, I tried to reposition to get a bead on the remaining 2 enemies. My doughty team had them down before I could get there.

Best match ever. Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by blastedmast3R, 16 November 2021 - 08:56 AM.

#2 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,848 posts

Posted 16 November 2021 - 08:40 AM

View Postblastedmast3R, on 16 November 2021 - 08:30 AM, said:

Good Match With My Nightstar

Congrats! Posted Image

Could you post the MIssion Summary Team Table please, so we can see how the other players fared?

#3 blastedmast3R

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 31 posts
  • LocationConroe, TX

Posted 16 November 2021 - 08:49 AM

View Postmartian, on 16 November 2021 - 08:40 AM, said:

Could you post the MIssion Summary Team Table please, so we can see how the other players fared?

I'd be happy to. How am I able to look that up at this point? Sadly, I didn't screenshot it last night.

#4 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,848 posts

Posted 16 November 2021 - 09:03 AM

View Postblastedmast3R, on 16 November 2021 - 08:49 AM, said:

I'd be happy to. How am I able to look that up at this point? Sadly, I didn't screenshot it last night.

That's simple: The next time click on the "Team Stats" tab. Posted Image

#5 blastedmast3R

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 31 posts
  • LocationConroe, TX

Posted 16 November 2021 - 09:08 AM

View Postmartian, on 16 November 2021 - 09:03 AM, said:

That's simple: The next time click on the "Team Stats" tab. Posted Image

Sure, next time I will. Sorry, I thought you meant I could go back and get it. Posted Image

#6 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,848 posts

Posted 16 November 2021 - 09:32 AM

View Postblastedmast3R, on 16 November 2021 - 09:08 AM, said:

Sure, next time I will. Sorry, I thought you meant I could go back and get it. Posted Image

Unfortunately, that is impossible in MWO. Once you return to your Mechlab, the match results are gone.

#7 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,425 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 16 November 2021 - 01:19 PM

Wow, very nice battle win, and the results speak for themselves!!

Yeah, the Nightstar NSR-10P is a joy to play after the Cauldron quirk pass; it's very sweet Posted Image

By the way, reading your story, almost thought that you were fighting alone...
oops... where did your random QP wingman go? Posted Image

NICE battle !!

View Postblastedmast3R, on 16 November 2021 - 08:30 AM, said:

NSR-10P
...Best match ever. Posted Image

Edited by w0qj, 16 November 2021 - 02:28 PM.

#8 blastedmast3R

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 31 posts
  • LocationConroe, TX

Posted 16 November 2021 - 01:43 PM

View Postw0qj, on 16 November 2021 - 01:19 PM, said:

almost thought that you were fighting alone...
oops... where did your random QP wingman go? Posted Image

Yeah, not sure where he went. I lost sight of him while I was headed for the Spider. I'm guessing he got a little chewed up by the Warhammer. He may have headed down the steps too. I wish I had a recording of it...

#9 Captain Caveman DE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Carnivore
  • The Carnivore
  • 519 posts

Posted 16 November 2021 - 02:13 PM

that's some solid numbers (both dmg dealt and recieved). good job.

#10 TELEFORCE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 16 November 2021 - 04:11 PM

Good job! I enjoy the Nightstar. It's really the true Marauder II in that in the fiction it was developed by the SLDF as a heavier, more-powerful Marauder before Wolf's Dragoons thought of a simpler upgraded Marauder. I really like the 9FC being a fast 95-tonner with the big XL engine - a dual-Gauss sniper that can move as fast as many Inner Sphere heavies :)

#11 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,792 posts

Posted 16 November 2021 - 04:13 PM

nightstars really dont seem to be as bad as most players claim they are. the only real problem is the convergence issues, which can be solved by putting your left side guns and right side guns on different firing groups. they are also very good at killing idiots that are standing in front of your guns but out of your field of view. dont stand in front of a nightstar.

#12 blastedmast3R

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 31 posts
  • LocationConroe, TX

Posted 16 November 2021 - 06:21 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 16 November 2021 - 04:13 PM, said:

nightstars really dont seem to be as bad as most players claim they are. the only real problem is the convergence issues, which can be solved by putting your left side guns and right side guns on different firing groups. they are also very good at killing idiots that are standing in front of your guns but out of your field of view. dont stand in front of a nightstar.

I have to say, I'm not a skilled player. I'm mediocre at best. Still, the build I have here is definitely one of my more successful. Far more so than the FNR-5 I take out from time to time, which was equipped similarly for a while. I recently switched the Faf to dual heavy gauss, which I'm having fun with.

#13 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,792 posts

Posted 16 November 2021 - 06:58 PM

View Postblastedmast3R, on 16 November 2021 - 06:21 PM, said:

I have to say, I'm not a skilled player. I'm mediocre at best. Still, the build I have here is definitely one of my more successful. Far more so than the FNR-5 I take out from time to time, which was equipped similarly for a while. I recently switched the Faf to dual heavy gauss, which I'm having fun with.

you really cant go wrong with the dual uac10s, those things are good on anything.

#14 Moldur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 18 November 2021 - 04:18 AM

I feel like one of the advantages of taking out some of the less popular mechs is you get focused less, and people don't instantly try to focus your most important component, unlike say, hellbringers where everyone and their mom is going to try to blow up the laser cluster / ecm side torso. Idk where I would shoot at a Nightstar. Put it somewhere in the middle I guess.

#15 TELEFORCE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 18 November 2021 - 05:40 AM

View PostMoldur, on 18 November 2021 - 04:18 AM, said:

I feel like one of the advantages of taking out some of the less popular mechs is you get focused less, and people don't instantly try to focus your most important component, unlike say, hellbringers where everyone and their mom is going to try to blow up the laser cluster / ecm side torso. Idk where I would shoot at a Nightstar. Put it somewhere in the middle I guess.

I guess I haven't had the same experience. When I take out something that isn't popular, I tend to get focused more probably because everyone thinks they're going to get an easy kill. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't Posted Image

#16 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,792 posts

Posted 18 November 2021 - 08:10 AM

View PostMoldur, on 18 November 2021 - 04:18 AM, said:

i remember when i got the kodiak pack. as good as the kdk-3 was at the time (we could still mount 4 uac10s because they hadn't been nerfed yet) i found myself dying a lot. kodiak was usually a primary focus target. so it does pay to be a little bit down on the threat priority list. you can get a lot of work done by the time you can become the biggest threat on the field.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users