Mech Bays Of Mech-Mass Event

55 replies to this topic

#41 Generic Internetter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 06 December 2021 - 09:11 AM

View PostPeppaPig, on 06 December 2021 - 01:42 AM, said:

OK, guessing you don't work in retail or marketing . . .

I've worked in both.

First off, S7 is dead in the water, it held no significant hold of the MWO population's interests, or wants and to cap it all, PGI has expressly stated it is a failure and will not be supported in any more development.

So your argument here is that my suggestion is invalid not on it's own merit (opr lack of), but because you think they wouldn't want to revive it and earn more MC.

Why would preventing non-premium players from gaining MC rewards make them want to become seals for your MC gathering operation? Casting any differential based on a populaces' ability to spend real money when there are most likely noticeable demands on being able to pay rent/mortgage, pay bills, buy food and look after children (or as a child have minimal access to disposable income) creates a clearly defined two tier system and discriminates the less well off in favour of those with money to spare

You literally just described exactly how MWO already functions. You get higher rewards on premium time, and after each match it gives you the option to "buy this reward" with MC. You seem to be completely out of touch with how MWO functions. You are missing options and statistics that are literally shown to you on the screen in game.

MWO is a ftp system, your suggestion goes against this model and would likely discourage more people from playing.

Buy "ftp" I assume you mean "free-to-play". If you're taking the stance that the game can and should be played entirely for free, then that goes completely against the previous comments about MWO needing to make money to cover costs. Now you're literally contradicting yourself.

Offer of MC does nothing to change the experience of extreme meta gaming within a small percentage interest group, it merely rewards the try-hards even more for wanting to play a niche mode that was never wanted in the first place.

Okay now you're showing your true colours as a gatekeeping edgy overlord. Those "tryhards" are a much larger proportion of playerbase than your "extreme meta gaming" group. Being rewarded for playing does not make someone a tryhard. By your flawed logic, then every MWO game mode is for tryhards since they all give rewards.

There are so many different ways to accumulate premium time such as mech packs and events, the need to purchase it as a separate entity is not needed. (I hold somewhere near 480 days premium time banked that I have no use for enabling from packs and events) and objectively penalise those without premium time, regardless of winning or losing in favour. Why only MC for a win when you get (all be it reduced) a tokenistic payment for a lose.

Again, you're missing the forest for the trees. Nobody is being penalized. Players who commit to active premium time receive higher rewards - This is already the established system PGI has in place for MWO.

You seem to be new to online gaming, so you probably haven't heard of "botting". Botting is where players leave their computers running overnight and through the day, allowing a piece of software to automatically join games and simply spin in a circle or some other nonsense to continuously lose matches and accumulate the rewards received for losing. This is most likely why PGI included a report option for Non-Participation->AFK. Botting has been a major problem in many online games, and MC rewards for losses would provide a massive incentive for botters to abuse the MC reward.

PGI has had plenty of capitalisation through its audience, the majority of which, over the last few years, has been wasted on vanity projects or syphoned off into other aspects of their business without actively engaging the player base or just down right dumped on them from a great height by ignoring MWO altogether.

So your argument for providing additional revenue for PGI is "don't bother." Sorry Chief, this ain't it.

At the end of the day, look for another source of income, you are certainly not going to get paid for reckless or ill considered suggestions like these Posted Image

Tell me you have no idea about business or marketing without saying you have no idea about business or marketing.

So, to sum up your post:

1. Rewarding active premium time players more than non-premium players is wrong and PGI should not do this, despite the fact they already do.
2. PGI should not attempt to revitalize a game mode they spent time and effort to implement because you assume nobody would be interested, except you already said the "tryhards" would be interested. (wtf lol)
3. The only cross-section of the playerbase that matters are the elite meta gamers, not the "tryhards" or casuals, and the elite meta-gamers already have enough MC and premium time, so any effort to improve the MC reward system is pointless because nobody else matters.

Your post reads as one of the most idiotic passive-aggressive neckbeard gatekeepey whines I've read in a long time.

I'm suggesting ways to improve the game and generate more revenue for PGI and you seem to be against those ideas. Okay, bucko, thanks for your response.

#42 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,580 posts

Posted 06 December 2021 - 10:19 AM

View PostBig-G, on 06 December 2021 - 02:47 AM, said:

I'm a bit impatient... I know Posted Image

There were some nice events a year ago .... Posted Image

Boxing Day 2020 Event - 26. XII.

New Year's Event - 1. I.

MECHWARRIOR ONLINE ADVENT EVENT 1. XII. - 24. XII.

HOLIDAY BONUS! 28. XII.

STOCKING STUFFER 2020 16. XII.

#43 DeadWeight18

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Silent Killer
  • The Silent Killer
  • 263 posts
  • LocationLuxembourg

Posted 06 December 2021 - 12:17 PM

This event is no excuse for not having a Stocking Suffer event. :P

#44 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,580 posts

Posted 06 December 2021 - 12:36 PM

View PostDeadWeight18, on 06 December 2021 - 12:17 PM, said:

This event is no excuse for not having a Stocking Suffer event. Posted Image

Both the Cauldron-Born Event and Mech Bays Event will be over in a week.

Let us wait and see what comes next. Posted Image

#45 Ch_R0me

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 609 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationIn DireStar with Heavy Naval PPC

Posted 07 December 2021 - 02:26 AM

View PostDeadWeight18, on 06 December 2021 - 12:17 PM, said:

This event is no excuse for not having a Stocking Suffer event. Posted Image

Hell, I was expecting this one event now Posted Image

#46 Haven17

• Pip
  • Little Helper
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 December 2021 - 04:03 AM

that was a nice add... thanks!
now awaiting for more over this lonely December...Posted Image

#47 catgirl

• PipPipPip
  • The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 66 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCanopus IV

Posted 07 December 2021 - 02:24 PM

Thank you! Love earning 'Mechbays!

Mele Kalikimaka, PGI Posted Image

#48 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 08 December 2021 - 12:11 PM

Crap...

Why hasn't this Event arrived in my mailbox by now ?!

Only found out today there is one... LOL! Posted Image

/me goes off to the grinding! Posted Image

#49 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,580 posts

Posted 08 December 2021 - 12:48 PM

View PostRoodkapje, on 08 December 2021 - 12:11 PM, said:

Crap...

Why hasn't this Event arrived in my mailbox by now ?!

Only found out today there is one... LOL! Posted Image

/me goes off to the grinding! Posted Image

You still have five days ... Posted Image

#50 JOATMON Incorporated

• PipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 90 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 09 December 2021 - 09:30 AM

View Postmartian, on 08 December 2021 - 12:48 PM, said:

You still have five days ... Posted Image

Yes! You still have time! Just start with day 7 on the list and work your way up for each additional day.

On the Xth day of Mechmas my best friend sent to me

Twelve Locusts running
Eleven Archers Lurming
Ten Spiders Leaping
Nine Fafnirs Gausing
Eight SCats a-sniping
Seven Ravens NARCing
Six Fleas a fleeing
Five K9 Urbies
Four UAVs
Three Airstrikes
Two Atlases
And a Thunderbolt with heavy PPCs

#51 Sawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 402 posts

Posted 09 December 2021 - 04:01 PM

LOL if ONLY they would bring back SCOUTING--- that is how i got many mech bays, 4 on 4 PLAY, was a blast when it was going full tilt :)
SAWK

#52 crazytimes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 11 December 2021 - 08:33 PM

View PostSawk, on 09 December 2021 - 04:01 PM, said:

LOL if ONLY they would bring back SCOUTING--- that is how i got many mech bays, 4 on 4 PLAY, was a blast when it was going full tilt :)
SAWK

Mechbays seem to be one of the easier things to come by. Between events, free mechs, and event MC used on mechbay sales, I'm close to 200 bays without ever having to use real money. That's without even grinding faction play bays yet.

People getting salty about the price of bays is today's top kek.

#53 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,580 posts

Posted 15 December 2021 - 12:14 AM

View Postcrazytimes, on 11 December 2021 - 08:33 PM, said:

People getting salty about the price of bays is today's top kek.

I remember how one forum member complained some time ago. Essentially, he said that he wants reward 'Mechs (it was during some event), but he does not have the time to play. Posted Image

#54 Sawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 402 posts

Posted 15 December 2021 - 05:00 PM

LOL Martian--

SEEN other games where folks think they deserve GOD MODE, its great to be human with a few BRAINS, i am also very close to retirement, COVID really HURT my end game, but we move on : )

SAWK

#55 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,580 posts

Posted 16 December 2021 - 02:44 AM

View PostSawk, on 15 December 2021 - 05:00 PM, said:

LOL Martian--

SEEN other games where folks think they deserve GOD MODE, its great to be human with a few BRAINS, i am also very close to retirement, COVID really HURT my end game, but we move on : )

SAWK

I have noticed a few times that some people think that because they spent a lot of money on MWO (typically, when they bought some costly Assault-class 'Mechs), then they should have some "Auto-win" option. They are often quite disappointed that MWO does not work that way ... Posted Image

#56 Sawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 402 posts

Posted 16 December 2021 - 05:16 PM

HOPE some newbies reads this, so RIGHT

SAWK

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users