Jump to content

Rivals Pack Now Available


78 replies to this topic

#61 w0qj

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 16 December 2021 - 05:02 PM

<This is an insider JOKE>

Please remember to keep your Standard Variants of both Bolt + Ambush for this Bonus Event...

...oh wait, there are no Standard Variants this time around! ;)

<Above is an insider JOKE>

#62 D V Devnull

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 3,821 posts
  • Locationunknown... It's kind of dark here!

Posted 17 December 2021 - 01:25 AM

View Postw0qj, on 16 December 2021 - 05:02 PM, said:

<This is an insider JOKE>

Please remember to keep your Standard Variants of both Bolt + Ambush for this Bonus Event...

...oh wait, there are no Standard Variants this time around! Posted Image

<Above is an insider JOKE>

Speaking of an Event happening, look at "New Rivals Event" @ https://mwomercs.com/events/431 because they came up with one rather quickly. I think some people are going to appreciate the ability to get certain things from it. Wow. I just hope that people take note that it's only running as long as the "Stocking Stuffer 2021 Event" (https://mwomercs.com/news/2021/12/2577-stocking-stuffers-2021-starts-dec-16th) happens to be. :o

~D. V. "Looking to have an Event for Ambush & Bolt too? Look no further!" Devnull

#63 martian

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,765 posts

Posted 17 December 2021 - 07:32 AM

View PostAgent Super Chicken, on 14 December 2021 - 01:40 PM, said:

Any word on what things will look like in the future?
I'm reluctant to spend without knowing what may come from year to year.

Do you really think that they can tell you in December 2021 any details about November 2022 rewards?

#64 Gakuseinozen

    Member

  • PipPip
  • Shredder
  • 43 posts

Posted 17 December 2021 - 09:27 AM

Just bought this. Great pack overall. My only complaint is that the Ambush's paint job isn't really customizable. No matter what colors I pick, it always looks more or less the same. I wanted to go for a more muted pallet with some darker colors, but even if I pick Obsidian Black for all 3 colors, it never changes the bright red and green splashes on the front of the 'Mech. I would just ask that - if possible - the pattern could be changed to give control over the entire look of the 'Mech, and not just small highlights.

#65 Kaiju-Killer

    Rookie

  • The Stalker
  • The Stalker
  • 6 posts
  • LocationOn my computer gaming

Posted 17 December 2021 - 11:40 AM

Is the pack a limited time type of pack or is it like gonna be around forever? (also will the bonus 3000 MC and all that stuff be given to you if you order the pack later if it is still around?)

Still though nice work PGI first the booster packs now a new map in the works and more good packs. You have outdone yourself this time.

#66 martian

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,765 posts

Posted 17 December 2021 - 12:03 PM

Dear Mr. Katz, Dear Mr. Newman, Dear Mr. Nicholson,

please could you ask Randall Bills (or any other BattleTech author) to write a short story about the Sun Spider "Ambush"? Nothing long, just a few paragraphs of text.

Perhaps you remember that the original Sun Spider Hero 'Mech "Manul" came with such short story.
Sun Spider Lore

I feel that some similar short story about "Ambush" would be beneficial for PGI and it would be welcomed by the MWO fans too.

I think that it could help boost the sales of the current 'Mech Pack. The fans, on the other hand, would be pleased with a bit of BattleTech fiction that would deepen the feeling of immersion into the BattleTech universe.

Essentially, "Ambush" would cease to be some "anonymous" Hero 'Mech, but it would gain some in-universe background and turn into a truly unique 'Mech with its distinguished Clan Hero MechWarrior - somebody like Star Colonel Tabok from the "Manul"s story.

Thank you for your effort.

#67 D V Devnull

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 3,821 posts
  • Locationunknown... It's kind of dark here!

Posted 17 December 2021 - 04:40 PM

View Postmartian, on 17 December 2021 - 12:03 PM, said:

Dear Mr. Katz, Dear Mr. Newman, Dear Mr. Nicholson,

please could you ask Randall Bills (or any other BattleTech author) to write a short story about the Sun Spider "Ambush"? Nothing long, just a few paragraphs of text.

Perhaps you remember that the original Sun Spider Hero 'Mech "Manul" came with such short story.
Sun Spider Lore

I feel that some similar short story about "Ambush" would be beneficial for PGI and it would be welcomed by the MWO fans too.

I think that it could help boost the sales of the current 'Mech Pack. The fans, on the other hand, would be pleased with a bit of BattleTech fiction that would deepen the feeling of immersion into the BattleTech universe.

Essentially, "Ambush" would cease to be some "anonymous" Hero 'Mech, but it would gain some in-universe background and turn into a truly unique 'Mech with its distinguished Clan Hero MechWarrior - somebody like Star Colonel Tabok from the "Manul"s story.

Thank you for your effort.

And what about the RoughNeck RGH-BLT "Bolt" Hero Mech then? Or is it "chopped liver" here? :(

~D. V. "You know someone had to ask about the RGH-BLT too." Devnull

#68 martian

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,765 posts

Posted 17 December 2021 - 10:03 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 17 December 2021 - 04:40 PM, said:

And what about the RoughNeck RGH-BLT "Bolt" Hero Mech then? Or is it "chopped liver" here? Posted Image

~D. V. "You know someone had to ask about the RGH-BLT too." Devnull


Posted Image

#69 Ch_R0me

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 520 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationIn DireStar with Heavy Naval PPC

Posted 18 December 2021 - 03:10 AM

Damn, wanted to buy Rival package later...
Seems like the value of package is decreased now for me. :(

#70 martian

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,765 posts

Posted 18 December 2021 - 03:21 AM

View PostCh_R0me, on 18 December 2021 - 03:10 AM, said:

Seems like the value of package is decreased now for me. Posted Image

What do you mean?

#71 Ch_R0me

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 520 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationIn DireStar with Heavy Naval PPC

Posted 18 December 2021 - 03:33 AM

View Postmartian, on 18 December 2021 - 03:21 AM, said:

What do you mean?


I didn't purchased the pack, and there is an event going on related to it. Yet, due to RL-related shopping, I'm out of cash, so I decided to buy the pack in January, after the event is over. And since event will be over, I'll lose the prizes from the event.

Tough my luck.

#72 martian

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,765 posts

Posted 18 December 2021 - 03:48 AM

View PostCh_R0me, on 18 December 2021 - 03:33 AM, said:

I didn't purchased the pack, and there is an event going on related to it. Yet, due to RL-related shopping, I'm out of cash, so I decided to buy the pack in January, after the event is over. And since event will be over, I'll lose the prizes from the event.

Tough my luck.

You lose:
  • Sherman Camo patterns. But a part of the charm of Hero 'Mechs is their unique skin. Not much point in buying a Hero 'Mech and then switching to a common camo pattern.
  • Cockpit Standing item and Warhorn. They are nice to have, but not exactly game breaking.
  • Two hanging C-Bills medaillons. I do not know whether they grant some C-Bill bonus or if they are just a cockpit decoration. I already have own one C-Bills medaillon and it does nothing special.
All in all, I understand how you are feeling, but I think the 'Mech Pack will offer some good value even in January.

Edited by martian, 24 December 2021 - 07:19 AM.


#73 NinjaOdin

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 584 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 18 December 2021 - 11:54 AM

View PostDaeron Katz, on 14 December 2021 - 01:38 PM, said:



RAC2 HSL for Roughneck? it would be most fun RAC2 mech if it did.

#74 w0qj

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 19 December 2021 - 07:34 AM

Not to worry, the Rivals Pack as well as everything in the MWO Store webpage (https://mwomercs.com/store) would be around for the forseeable future...

But the Rivals Pack Event is time limited; ending early-January 2022.
https://mwomercs.com/events/431
And the Event's additional 600 MC, and 2x +CBills bonus cockpit items are worth getting Posted Image


View PostKaiju-Killer, on 17 December 2021 - 11:40 AM, said:

Is the pack a limited time type of pack or is it like gonna be around forever? (also will the bonus 3000 MC and all that stuff be given to you if you order the pack later if it is still around?)

Still though nice work PGI first the booster packs now a new map in the works and more good packs. You have outdone yourself this time.

Edited by w0qj, 19 December 2021 - 04:22 PM.


#75 Kodan Black

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 254 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts, USA

Posted 20 December 2021 - 01:10 PM

I’ve been thoroughly enjoying both mechs. Ironically ended up with nearly identical load outs based around LB10X’s and it plays so well on each. Of course it helped I already like both chassis and had many of each. Posted Image

#76 Steel Shanks

    Rookie

  • The 1 Percent
  • 4 posts
  • LocationTir na Nog

Posted 20 December 2021 - 02:15 PM

Look, I love the Roughneck, and the Bolt seems pretty awesome...

I don't give two figs about the damn Clanner crap, including the Sun Spider... the only Clanner Mechs I have, are the free ones we get... I have never bought a Clanner Mech, never will... Inner Sphere forever Lads...

Lastly, I'm just gonna keep posting it... NEW CHASSIS PGI!!! NEW!!

Crusader- with SRM's on the legs, Pillager, Razorback, Starslayer, Clint... etc.

For the Clans the Turkey, Grendel, whatever I don't care...

NEW CHASSIS!!!!!!

#77 Kaiju-Killer

    Rookie

  • The Stalker
  • The Stalker
  • 6 posts
  • LocationOn my computer gaming

Posted 22 December 2021 - 05:58 PM

I just saw you're reply w0qj thanks for the help on that.

I will also note to myself that most things entering the shop will probably stay there.

Also the person somewhere above me is right, PGI should add new chassis of mechs. personally I think that the stone rhino was a bit much but maybe something smaller like a new medium or small would be nice since right now the only light mechs I see are fleas and stuff like that. (plus it would be nice to have a new medium chassis)

Edited by Kaiju-Killer, 22 December 2021 - 06:01 PM.


#78 w0qj

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 26 December 2021 - 07:29 AM

Oops... make that +2 Rivals Pack sales from our family... our new family member playing MWO for the very first time really loved the Sunspider Ambush... high cockpit level weapons = what_you_see_is_what_you_hit,and great maneuverability! Excellent quirks too... well done with this Rivals Pack!!


View Postw0qj, on 18 December 2021 - 10:36 PM, said:

...By the way, Rivals Pack sale +1 just now, directly because of your write-up!
Congrats, you're a great salesman too Posted Image


#79 martian

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,765 posts

Posted 04 January 2022 - 11:59 AM

View PostSteel Shanks, on 20 December 2021 - 02:15 PM, said:

I don't give two figs about the damn Clanner crap, including the Sun Spider... the only Clanner Mechs I have, are the free ones we get... I have never bought a Clanner Mech, never will... Inner Sphere forever Lads...

I think that you should try "Ambush" in the game. It is a pretty solid 'Mech.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users