165 replies to this topic

#161 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,695 posts

Posted 03 January 2022 - 10:06 AM

View PostBowelhacker, on 03 January 2022 - 12:12 AM, said:

Do we have any stats on how often this map is getting selected?

Only PGI has accurate data.

My anecdata would suggest it's way more popular than the godsawful new Caustic was a few weeks after it launched.

The important thing is that the players are still willing to select this map. Of course, they do not vote for it as often as when the map first came out, but they are still willing to play on this map.

The only time I ever have to play Caustic now is in Faction because no one picks it. And it still sucks.

Over the holidays I played just a few games on the Caustic Valley map. The players were not especially glad that this map was chosen.

#162 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,803 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 03 January 2022 - 01:59 PM

View Postmartian, on 03 January 2022 - 10:06 AM, said:

Over the holidays I played just a few games on the Caustic Valley map. The players were not especially glad that this map was chosen.

I think if Francois took another pass at it and got rid of the visibility issues in the center of the map it would do better. People can deal with the fact that the whole middle of the map is a kill zone, its the inability to SEE anything that is truly annoying.

He should also take another quick pass through Hellebore and clean up invisible walls and some vegetation issues. I vote for it all the time, but it does need tweaked.

#163 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,695 posts

Posted 03 January 2022 - 09:21 PM

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 03 January 2022 - 01:59 PM, said:

I think if Francois took another pass at it and got rid of the visibility issues in the center of the map it would do better. People can deal with the fact that the whole middle of the map is a kill zone, its the inability to SEE anything that is truly annoying.

Dunno. Visibility issues are one thing, the advantage of sniping 'Mechs is another.

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 03 January 2022 - 01:59 PM, said:

He should also take another quick pass through Hellebore and clean up invisible walls and some vegetation issues. I vote for it all the time, but it does need tweaked.

I agree.

#164 Bamboozle Gold

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 82 posts

Posted 05 January 2022 - 02:26 AM

View PostBlood Rose, on 31 December 2021 - 04:09 PM, said:

As opposed to Sniper Dream HPG Manifold, Grim snipeus, Canyon Snipework, Gunboat City, New Frozen City (aka No Mechs Valley) Caustic Sniper Valley, etc.

Okay, some of those are accurate but HPG Manifold doesn't favour snipers. By and large every match there ends up as a loss for the team that has more snipers. Brawlers clear the centre and then push the snipers. There's so much good cover in the middle that I rarely feel any pressure from snipers on the wall.

#165 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,803 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 05 January 2022 - 06:05 AM

View PostBamboozle Gold, on 05 January 2022 - 02:26 AM, said:

Okay, some of those are accurate but HPG Manifold doesn't favour snipers. By and large every match there ends up as a loss for the team that has more snipers. Brawlers clear the centre and then push the snipers. There's so much good cover in the middle that I rarely feel any pressure from snipers on the wall.

Maybe it favored them at first, but then people learned where to stand. And people like me started farming the snipers.

"Get it off, get it off!" says the MAD IIC to his team that is nowhere near him as my fast medium begins to out-DPS the lone unsupported mech.

#166 Ekson Valdez

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 06 January 2022 - 10:23 PM

Thread moved to the new official feedback subforum for Hellebore Outpost

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users