Dear Mark.

Love the New SHC-D

Thanks for all the hard work.

P.S. PPC arm mounts look GREAT!

#102 Aivazovsky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 19 January 2022 - 11:23 AM

Mark, I appreciate you for BAS, his pattern and boltons are a masterpiece. I never put boltons on my mechs, but for the sake of such beauty, i made an exception. Thanks!

#103 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 19 January 2022 - 11:57 AM

so considering the jump jets on this new blood asp are optional, can we do this with all further omnis that don't list fixed jump jets in their build sheets in lore???

I like the shadowcat bolt ons next to the elementals these will be the only ones I use. partial wing anybody?

https://www.sarna.ne...ing_(BattleMech)

If only this actually did add to heat dissipation.

Edited by KursedVixen, 19 January 2022 - 11:59 AM.

#104 Kodan Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 375 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts, USA

Posted 19 January 2022 - 12:56 PM

The bolt ons for both are <borat>very nice</borat>!

#105 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 19 January 2022 - 09:47 PM

View PostKursedVixen, on 19 January 2022 - 11:57 AM, said:

so considering the jump jets on this new blood asp are optional, can we do this with all further omnis that don't list fixed jump jets in their build sheets in lore???

They are not. Their optionality is an acknowledged bug.

View PostMark Nicholson, on 18 January 2022 - 01:26 PM, said:

Yes, the leg jump jets being removable on the BAS-E is a bug. Expect this issue and these jumpjets to be fixed soon.
And yes, 7JJ blood asp is possible now, if you want to get the right combo of pods and spend the 14 tons.

#106 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts

Posted 23 January 2022 - 12:31 PM

i wish we could tone down the gold on the mech and the bolt-ons i've notice if you made the blood asp mask white it looks like it's really made of bone

Posted Image

With a little fiddling around with patterns and colors you can really make this mech look like a snake.

Posted Image

Now if we could just do the same with the adder.

Edited by KursedVixen, 23 January 2022 - 01:16 PM.

#107 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts

Posted 23 January 2022 - 12:57 PM

View PostMark Nicholson, on 22 December 2021 - 11:02 AM, said:

My inspiration came from somewhere similar:
https://www.sarna.ne...ing_(BattleMech)
A couple years ago, I played a tabletop game where we got use whatever tech we could find, and I took my love of the Vapor Eagle and went nuts with pulse lasers and machine guns, and the ability to jump behind people from LONG distances. The Shadow Cat D reminded me of this, and looked like it could use some help flying.
i knew it looked oddly like a partial wing.... too bad it doesn't add jump jet flight though.

#108 Mark Nicholson

3D Artist

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 263 posts

Posted 25 January 2022 - 11:36 AM

#109 Kodan Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 375 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts, USA

Posted 25 January 2022 - 12:06 PM

Has the next one been announced?

#110 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 01 February 2022 - 09:12 AM

View PostKodan Black, on 25 January 2022 - 12:06 PM, said:

Has the next one been announced?

Are you looking for the Rivals Pack @ https://mwomercs.com/news/2021/12/2580-rivals-pack-now-available or the Bloodname Booster Pack @ https://mwomercs.com/news/2022/01/2591-bloodname-booster-pack-preorder-available-now or both, which have all been announced since? :o

~D. V. "Maybe two new packs have been announced?" Devnull

#111 Big-G

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 338 posts
  • LocationFormerly New Capetown, now Kikuyu - Lyran Alliance

Posted 01 February 2022 - 01:03 PM

View PostMark Nicholson, on 25 January 2022 - 11:36 AM, said:

Please note the Jump Jet Heat and Jump Jet Burn Time quirks that come with the variant and set-of-8.

Credit also needs to go to Concept Artist Alex Iglesias, who came up with the snake skull thing after we were talking about snake scales and stegosaurus plates.

Thanks guys, but quick question... I take it new chassis will not be making their way into the game anytime soon... if ever?

#112 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 03 February 2022 - 02:43 PM

View PostBig-G, on 01 February 2022 - 01:03 PM, said:

Thanks guys, but quick question... I take it new chassis will not be making their way into the game anytime soon... if ever?

I could have sworn hearing about up to two New Mech Chassis being added to MWO during the 2022 Year at some point? :o

~D. V. "thought there might be two completely new Mechs coming in 2022 but could have hallucinated" Devnull

#113 Big-G

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 338 posts
  • LocationFormerly New Capetown, now Kikuyu - Lyran Alliance

Posted 03 February 2022 - 06:42 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 03 February 2022 - 02:43 PM, said:

I could have sworn hearing about up to two New Mech Chassis being added to MWO during the 2022 Year at some point? Posted Image

~D. V. "thought there might be two completely new Mechs coming in 2022 but could have hallucinated" Devnull

Here's truly hoping those weren't empty promises...

#114 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 09 February 2022 - 12:24 PM

View PostBig-G, on 03 February 2022 - 06:42 PM, said:

Here's truly hoping those weren't empty promises...

Hey... I would be in party mode to get ONE new Mech Chassis added, but we don't know what kind of loads that Mark is under either. Seeing no recent 'Like' on any posts from February as of when I'm posting this, it's possible either that he hasn't seen these posts or he might possibly be under a "gag order" (metaphorically speaking) about stuff like that. However, it's always going to stand that I very much appreciate all the work which he has been putting forth on making these new Variants into reality for players to enjoy. So let's keep our eyes open and see what comes next, okay? :)

Now I know I'm going a little sideways on the discussion here... but as it is, several of these new WarHorns have not kept to the policy of past MechPacks and such. It used to be that those became available for (MC) around three months after the MechPack release. Keeping these newer WarHorns restricted to the MechPacks alone actually damages their value, because there are players who want more of them to put on other Mechs which they possess. I suppose that Mark might have to light a fire (again, metaphorically, as we do not want to harm anyone) under Matt & Daeron to finally get those released for normal acquisition, in order to make more of the Player Base happy about new stuff? :o

Heck... A short time ago, I tripped on Mark's Interview by Sarna.net where he mentions the work on the Corsair's Arms and how he found it challenging. Well... I hope that he reads this post, because I am taking the moment right here to thank Mark for those efforts and tell him it's seriously NEVER something to feel regret about. Including myself, there are people who appreciate the custom work which he put into making the very shape/form of the Corsair's Mech Chassis into a reality for players to use and enjoy. It's probably directly because of things such as this that are why it happens I'm looking forward to seeing Mark produce whole new Mech Chassis for people to battle with and enjoy. I even wonder what the "UrbanMech IIC" would look like if he produced it! :D

~D. V. "Mark has made great stuff so far, and I only see more coming, including new Mech Chassis to enjoy!" Devnull

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users