Need A Cart For The Website Store

8 replies to this topic

#1 benben10

• PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 26 December 2021 - 09:58 PM

When I purchase something on mwomercs.com/store I have to make a separate transaction for each item. If I purchase more than 2 things it triggers an automatic block on my credit card. It usually is resolved in about 5 minutes with an automated email from them but that is very frustrating.

I want to buy 3 or 4 bundles of mechbays but that will probably be very annoying to do.

Is there a specific reason this basic feature is missing?

#2 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 27 December 2021 - 04:56 AM

Hello there, 'benben10'... ^_^

It so happens that no PGI Staff have come by this board (at least that anyone is aware of) to directly reply to anyone in an extremely long time. We have no idea if they're scared of a Community that has only become angered by their hiding and lack of transparency, or if they're angry somehow at some number of us that we don't just accept things as they are, or even if they happen to just be overloaded (or otherwise indisposed) in some manner that we are simply unaware of. The only thing we do know is that there has become only one way to Contact MWO Support anymore, and one must use the E-Mail Addresses at https://mwomercs.com/support in order to do so and gain any kind of understanding and/or information that helps with proceeding forward in any kind of useful way or avoiding any bad pitfalls. We really do wish that they would get more involved with the Forums again as there happen to be issues here that have gone unresolved, and those problems have gone way beyond overdue for correcting in dangerously short order before they get much worse. :(

When you do go to talk via E-Mail with them, please keep it civil like the Code Of Conduct demands that the Player Base is required to. And just to point out which E-Mail is likely to get the fastest results, it happens that I would recommend the "Billing" E-Mail Address on the Contact MWO Support page to rapidly get in touch and resolve your problem. By the way, when you do finish your conversation with them, would you please come back here and let us know how things happened to turn out??? :o

Also if possible, could you please get them to return to the Forums once more? As far as I am aware, the atmosphere has improved in the Forums since the worst point it has been at, and that was around two years ago! If the communication lines are not really open, then how are we going to get the Community back in harmony with those who comprise PGI's Staff once again? :unsure:

~D. V. "Trying to help 'benben10' find a way to Contact MWO Support and get their issue fixed!" Devnull

[Edit by the Post Author in order to fix really messed up phrasing and/or word splitting... This nut is not sure which...]

Edited by D V Devnull, 27 December 2021 - 04:58 AM.

#3 benben10

• PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 27 December 2021 - 04:05 PM

Thank you for this info, D V Devnull, I will do exactly that, including posting the reply here. I had some pretty good response from support email recently so I'm not too worried.

#4 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,418 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 02 January 2022 - 01:28 PM

Not to worry...in just one day, I've bought two (2) identically priced mech packs in the same day ($20 Rivals Pack + $20 Warden Booster Pack), and both were accepted by our credit card provider!

So MWO purchases are smooth :)

#5 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 04 January 2022 - 09:10 AM

View Postw0qj, on 02 January 2022 - 01:28 PM, said:

Not to worry...in just one day, I've bought two (2) identically priced mech packs in the same day ($20 Rivals Pack + $20 Warden Booster Pack), and both were accepted by our credit card provider!

So MWO purchases are smooth Posted Image

The problem is likely neither MWO nor your Credit Card Provider here, but instead 'benben10's Credit Card Provider having rather strict Anti-Fraud Rules that require any purchase(s) which they make to be done all in one transaction. But with that said, it happens that PGI & MWO themselves could facilitate working around this by making it possible to put the whole intended set of transactions in a Shopping Cart and make it all into a single transaction. Making such a Shopping Cart available would then enable 'benben10' to comply with their Credit Card Provider and their Rules which they set forth, thereby avoiding the Anti-Fraud traps entirely. Whether or not PGI & MWO will do this however – or if they can even do it – is another matter entirely... And no, I'm not trying to be mean to anyone on PGI's & MWO's Staff here!!! :huh:

~D. V. "you may not have the same Credit Card Provider as the other person, so different Rules likely apply to you" Devnull

#6 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,418 posts

Posted 04 January 2022 - 09:13 AM

For what it's worth, from actual experience, in another online game, ST:O when attempting to make multiple purchases of same dollar amount, in the same day, sometimes our credit card provider rejected the 2nd payment, thinking that the game maker tried to charge the credit card twice from just 1 purchase.

Again, from actual experience...

#7 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 04 January 2022 - 09:36 AM

View Postw0qj, on 04 January 2022 - 09:13 AM, said:

For what it's worth, from actual experience, in another online game, ST:O when attempting to make multiple purchases of same dollar amount, in the same day, sometimes our credit card provider rejected the 2nd payment, thinking that the game maker tried to charge the credit card twice from just 1 purchase.

Again, from actual experience...

Eh, 'w0qj', I was not trying to button-hole you for what you experienced directly, and you have my apologies for ending up with that impression towards me. All that I tried to point out was that everyone is going to have different interactions between the...
  • Game Company which they are purchasing from
  • Game Company's Transaction Processor
  • Player's Credit Card (or Other Financial Account) Provider
...as to whether their Game-related Transaction will be smooth or not. I was explicitly not trying to discount anything which you said, and was merely trying to say that one's mileage may vary, for example by one person not having issues while another would encounter problems occurring. It happens here that I was also trying to keep from being vague or short-worded in any kind of confusing manner, but it seems I may have missed the mark there. :huh:

~D. V. "feeling very misinterpreted about how people can experience Financial Transactions being different" Devnull

#8 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,418 posts

Posted 04 January 2022 - 09:46 PM

All is good ;)

Many thanks for posting such detailed payment transaction info in a succinct manner!

Mine is always either too brief or too wordy, and usually not right to the point. ;)
Thanks again!!

#9 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,789 posts

Posted 05 January 2022 - 09:31 PM

Some kind of "cart" and streamlining of the Website Store would be nice.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users