Recording Games

43 replies to this topic

#41 Bassault

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • 392 posts

Posted 31 December 2021 - 02:15 PM

I use nvidia shadowplay to record my best moments. It also has functionality to record an entire session if you so wish.

#42 Der Geisterbaer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 801 posts

Posted 31 December 2021 - 05:52 PM

Davegt27 said:

your either new or been living under a rock

And you just committed a black and white fallacy with undertones of making an insult.

Davegt27 said:

everyone that plays MWO knows what I am talking about

Fallacy of alledged certainty

Davegt27 said:

if you fell the need to pick apart a post line by line

Now you're committing an actual ad hominem based on a style element of textual presentation that ...

Davegt27 said:

over a video game is the very definition of trying very very hard

... leads into a non-sequitur and another instance of you trying to make an insult.

Davegt27 said:

now if a video game post fails your approval rating feel free to move on

Like you "moved on"? That's the pot calling the kettle black.

Davegt27 said:

could you please start playing the game

How much time I spend or don't spend with playing this game is actually none of your business Posted Image
But once again you're starting with an incorrect premise ...

Davegt27 said:

so we don't have to explain every little point with date stamps

... that leads into a conclusion that doesn't logically follow from your premise and I'm still not obligated to bear the burden of proof for your claims for you.
Side note: I have been playing and still am playing this game regularly enough to form an opinion. Unlike you I'm not presenting that particular opinion as fact so there's little that I would have to prove to you whereas you - who obviously is making various claims concerning the existance of "issues" in the game as well as how people react to presented "evidence" - do have to bear the burden of proof of your own claims and thus ought to start presenting evidence in a manner that makes worthwhile for an actual discussion.

Your inability and / or unwillingness to do so is your personal problem and thus you can feel free to keep victimizing yourself in your belief that no video footage will change anything and people are "shutting (and shooting) you down" despite of what you believe to be "good" evidence / proof. However, given your fallacious reasoning and the thinly veiled insults I don't really expect something like that to happen and instead I'll just entertain myself with watching you working hard towards the self-fulfilling prophecy that you created for yourself ... and yes that means that I am amusing myself at your expense here.

Edited by Der Geisterbaer, 31 December 2021 - 06:25 PM.

#43 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,276 posts

Posted 01 January 2022 - 03:15 AM

View PostDavegt27, on 29 December 2021 - 03:56 PM, said:

I watched your video, so ...

1. When you fired your Clan Streak SRMs, the distance between your Madcat and the enemy Jenner IIC was 360 metres.
2. Your Streaks needed approximately 1.5 seconds to cover that distance (their old flight speed was 230 m/s).
3. If the enemy Jenner IIC was running some 130 km/h (my guess based on his loadout), he added additional 54 metres to that distance, so he was 414 metres from the point where you fired your Streaks.
4. Your Streaks self-destructed after they travelled their 396 metres - they exploded approximately 18 metres behind the enemy Jenner IIC.

View PostDavegt27, on 30 December 2021 - 02:16 PM, said:

well one and main point is people coming out of the wood work to shout you down

They just would like to see some proof.

another is there is no problem with the game everything is great

Has anybody in this thread said that?

videos out side of a date range are not allowed (you don't specify the date range but are quick to nullify videos)

If you would like to discuss the game as it is today, then posting videos of years old games does not help too much. Of course, you are allowed to post any MWO video that you wish.

I was not trying to proclaim that lights are invulnerable
I was just trying to show what happens if you post a video

Well, I would say that the things in that Youtube video worked as they should.

I have yet to see that posting videos has helped
unless you can show me an example

Adding some relevant proofs is often the best way how somebody can support his claims.

I took this one this morning (we been seeing this for years)
https://www.twitch.t...ge=7d&sort=time

I watched your Twitch video. In 00:27 I heard somebody crying "It's a bug! It's a bug!", but the only thing that I actually saw were the ice walls of the tunnel in the corner of the map.

Could you tell me what else was I supposed to see in your video, please?

#44 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 04 January 2022 - 08:10 PM

View PostDavegt27, on 30 December 2021 - 04:36 AM, said:

I thought you guys would like something to talk about
to prove a point

you know and I know its pointless
trying to post a video

nothing will happen

What happened was, in this order
  • You thought you recorded a bug
  • Video is viewed.
  • Video shows no bug, just lack of understanding from user

What was your expected outcome from the video is it is showing completely normal game mechanics working as it should be?

All your video proved is that people SHOULD record what they THINK are "bugs" so people that understand the game better can show these "bugs" are not actually problems at all.

However that was not your intention at all. Your intention was to show how people are going to say "that isn't a bug" because you believed it was. Fact is - you were wrong. It is OK to be wrong, just don't then say things like

well one and main point is people coming out of the wood work to shout you down

That is completely disingenous. You should be embarrased.

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users