Is There A Roadmap For 2022 ?

15 replies to this topic

#1 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 02 January 2022 - 03:33 AM

Maybe I missed it but I think I haven't seen any plans for 2022. Has there been any anouncement for what PGI plans on doing this year?

#2 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,276 posts

Posted 02 January 2022 - 04:02 AM

View PostNesutizale, on 02 January 2022 - 03:33 AM, said:

Maybe I missed it but I think I haven't seen any plans for 2022. Has there been any anouncement for what PGI plans on doing this year?

Read this:

View PostJet Pope Black, on 30 December 2021 - 05:55 AM, said:

Daeron was on that shrimpy streamer guy's show recently and said a roadmap would be put by the end of February.

#3 1453 R

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,561 posts

Posted 02 January 2022 - 07:56 AM

From what has been said on NGNG, the roadmap for 2022 is basically the roadmap for 2021, "but for real this time guys, honest!" All the stuff they wanted to do in 21 that didn't happen (i.e. most of it save for the Cauldron's work) is their new roadmap for 22.

It's whatever. They'll do what they do, it'll be good or bad, and people will shoot robits one way or another. If one cannot accept that this game will never receive major support or any substantial further development, simply uninstall and be done with it. Elsewise play it while it's here and never spend a dime you wouldn't spend on a one-time drug high, because much like a day at the state-sponsored weed shop, your investment will burn up without return at some point here.

#4 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,076 posts

Posted 02 January 2022 - 10:27 AM

you can have your weed and your robbits. you need to be high to level mechs in this game. after insti-mastering the rivals pack, the free christmas mechs, and an alpha, i finally ran out of my seemingly bottomless pit of gsp and gxp and im now forced to grind mechs like a peasant. after all that i had a lot of mc and picked up a virago and belial and if not for the double xp event id have probibly also bought another gsp bundle. im starting to wish i had.

#5 w0qj

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,576 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 02 January 2022 - 11:32 AM

Hey good news, GSP is still on sale:
https://mwomercs.com/store/gifts#view3

Also North Pole Special (GSP + MC + Premium Time)!
https://mwomercs.com/store/bundles

View PostLordNothing, on 02 January 2022 - 10:27 AM, said:

...after insti-mastering the rivals pack, the free christmas mechs, and an alpha, i finally ran out of my seemingly bottomless pit of gsp and gxp and im now forced to grind mechs like a peasant. after all that i had a lot of mc and picked up a virago and belial and if not for the double xp event id have probibly also bought another gsp bundle. im starting to wish i had.

Edited by w0qj, 02 January 2022 - 11:39 AM.

#6 Khalcruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Steiner
  • Hero of Steiner
  • 812 posts
  • LocationYou gotta lose your mind in Detroit! Rock City!

Posted 02 January 2022 - 12:13 PM

View PostNesutizale, on 02 January 2022 - 03:33 AM, said:

1) PGI, having a plan? That's a laugh.
2) Ok, let's pretend they did have a plan. Like they'd tell us about it.
3) Sure, let's pretend they did have a plan, and they told us about it. Like they'd actually follow through with it.

#7 w0qj

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,576 posts

Posted 02 January 2022 - 12:15 PM

Daeron said that a marketing rebranding is coming... currently it's MWO - Solaris 7

Cannot wait to see what's in store ;)

#8 Pblogic

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 January 2022 - 01:43 PM

LOL

#9 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,276 posts

Posted 02 January 2022 - 01:44 PM

View Postw0qj, on 02 January 2022 - 12:15 PM, said:

Daeron said that a marketing rebranding is coming... currently it's MWO - Solaris 7

Cannot wait to see what's in store Posted Image

Maybe PGI will shut down the Solaris 7 game mode and then return to the original name "MechWarrior Online".

#10 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,076 posts

Posted 02 January 2022 - 03:44 PM

View Postw0qj, on 02 January 2022 - 11:32 AM, said:

Hey good news, GSP is still on sale:
https://mwomercs.com/store/gifts#view3

Also North Pole Special (GSP + MC + Premium Time)!
https://mwomercs.com/store/bundles

why would i want to give them more money? i think i spent enough this year.

#11 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,076 posts

Posted 02 January 2022 - 03:57 PM

View PostKhalcruth, on 02 January 2022 - 12:13 PM, said:

1) PGI, having a plan? That's a laugh.
2) Ok, let's pretend they did have a plan. Like they'd tell us about it.
3) Sure, let's pretend they did have a plan, and they told us about it. Like they'd actually follow through with it.

they have a plan. its simply to put as little effort into maintaining the current player levels as possible. they know they have a cash cow, and while they were willing to let it get a little bit too skinny to get mw5 and its dlcs and console ports out, they at least started feeding it again. when whatever work they are still doing on mw5 is complete, i very much doubt much of the staff is going to be put on the mwo team. they will likely be allocated to whatever pgi's next game will be. that's probibly mw6: mw5 clan mod', but it might also be 'original ip that the mechwarrior crowd probibly doesn't care about' or 'some other licensed ip to mess up'.

#12 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 03 January 2022 - 04:07 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 02 January 2022 - 10:27 AM, said:

you can have your weed and your robbits. you need to be high to level mechs in this game. after insti-mastering the rivals pack, the free christmas mechs, and an alpha, i finally ran out of my seemingly bottomless pit of gsp and gxp and im now forced to grind mechs like a peasant. after all that i had a lot of mc and picked up a virago and belial and if not for the double xp event id have probibly also bought another gsp bundle. im starting to wish i had.

Thank machine spirit that I still have over 2 million GXP to I will never have to "exp" another mech by playing it Posted Image it's just horrible.

edit: typo

Edited by Curccu, 03 January 2022 - 04:07 AM.

#13 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,076 posts

Posted 03 January 2022 - 01:13 PM

View PostCurccu, on 03 January 2022 - 04:07 AM, said:

Thank machine spirit that I still have over 2 million GXP to I will never have to "exp" another mech by playing it Posted Image it's just horrible.

edit: typo

i thought that too. but it runs out. it bloody runs out! i had a huge pool of gxp after the skill tree redux, and it did not last long at all. fortunately it ran out around the time that pgi decided to start selling gsp and handing it out in events. so i had accumulated a lot of it. now that's gone.

cbills now. i have to hire some kids to shovel it into the incenerator so that i have room to park my almost 400 battlemechs. makes scrooge mcduck seem like a peasant.

Edited by LordNothing, 03 January 2022 - 01:15 PM.

#14 w0qj

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,576 posts

Posted 03 January 2022 - 02:05 PM

Just dump a miserly 13 Skill Points into a new unskilled mech to max out its Heat Containment. By the time you've leveled up this same mech to max 91 Skill Points, you should have enough GXP for another 13 Skill Points for another new unskilled mech.
That's how I level up, in a miserly way.

Other players on this forum have mentioned they dump 40 Skill Points worth of GXP or GSP into new unskill mech;
they say (and I agree) it's less painful this way.

Anyways, I have used recent XP>>GXP conversion bonus events to accumulate 1.5 million GXP for skilling/grinding new mechs. I've been keeping my GSP reserved and unused for now; there are some noises about possible Skill Tree revamp this year 2022, but we'll see what Daeron would announce in due time!

Edited by w0qj, 04 January 2022 - 07:12 AM.

#15 HGAK47

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 971 posts

Posted 04 January 2022 - 05:17 AM

Matt Newman said a couple of weeks ago on a podcast with Sean Lang and Magic Pain Glove that he will have the 2022 roadmap out by the end of Feb.

There is a lot of talk of an "event queue" that could actually bring some new excitement to the game as well as talk of a few new maps, further tweaks to old maps as well as more quirk changes from the cauldron. So this year might see a few cool things down the line. Im not expecting a miracle but if they can even make new maps il be quite happy tbh. Ive been loving Hellebore.

#16 Khalcruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Steiner
  • Hero of Steiner
  • 812 posts
  • LocationYou gotta lose your mind in Detroit! Rock City!

Posted 04 January 2022 - 03:00 PM

View PostHGAK47, on 04 January 2022 - 05:17 AM, said:

Matt Newman said a couple of weeks ago on a podcast with Sean Lang and Magic Pain Glove that he will have the 2022 roadmap out by the end of Feb.

Heaven forbid he could commit to that in writing, on, you know, their own website.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users