Did A Recent Patch Affect Banshee 3M Weapon Placement?

4 replies to this topic

#1 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,880 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 04 January 2022 - 09:07 AM

Since my topic in the Assault Mechs subforum hasn't gotten any traction, i figured I'd ask here. I have a Banshee 3M with 3 high mounted PPC's backed by lower mounted belly guns. Only the 3 PPC's are not high mounted anymore, and I'm trying to figure out if this was a colossal oversight on my part or whether something changed at some point.

The left torso mounts work fine, I can force a PPC into the top mount no problem. But try as I might, i cannot force an ERPPC, Heavy PPC, or regular PPC into the two high mounts on the right torso. Lasers and other kinds of PPC's can be forced there, but not the weapons I've been using.

Has it always been that way and I just overlooked it, or is this the result of a recent patch?

#2 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,880 posts

Posted 04 January 2022 - 11:53 AM

A trip down the wayback machine indicates people were talking about this in 2017/2018. I must never have noticed it because I was using laser weapons instead of PPCs I guess, and lasers can be forced up no problems. Certainly no patch notes indicating this was ever addressed.

Very odd that it would work on one torso but not the other.

#3 HGAK47

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 971 posts

Posted 05 January 2022 - 07:04 AM

Forgive me if ive missed or overlooked something you said, I distinctly remember something about using tiny little cheap tonnage lasers plonked in the ST`s first to then afterward put the PPC`s in. Il check in game hang on....

Ok ive just checked.... interesting. It seems to be based on weight. When I stuffed 2 small lasers in the right torso, the two erppc`s I put in next went straight to the bottom of the ST and pushed the lasers up top. I then put two large pulse lasers in and when using light ppc`s - the light ppc`s were pushed to the top as were snub nose ppcs but not the ERPPCs in that same scenario.

I dont remember it being like this.

Edited by HGAK47, 05 January 2022 - 07:05 AM.

#4 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,880 posts

Posted 05 January 2022 - 08:24 AM

View PostHGAK47, on 05 January 2022 - 07:04 AM, said:

Forgive me if ive missed or overlooked something you said, I distinctly remember something about using tiny little cheap tonnage lasers plonked in the ST`s first to then afterward put the PPC`s in. Il check in game hang on....

Ok ive just checked.... interesting. It seems to be based on weight. When I stuffed 2 small lasers in the right torso, the two erppc`s I put in next went straight to the bottom of the ST and pushed the lasers up top. I then put two large pulse lasers in and when using light ppc`s - the light ppc`s were pushed to the top as were snub nose ppcs but not the ERPPCs in that same scenario.

I dont remember it being like this.

Not weight, but maybe spaces. I can put 2 ERSL in the right torso and then 2 LPL and the LPL pop right to the top of the torso, as do other lasers, snub PPC's and light PPCs. But not 3 or 4 slot PPC, ERPPC, or HvyPPC. But the LEFT torso doesn't have this restriction. Arrrgh.

Thanks for confirming my madness. Posted Image

#5 Mochyn Pupur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 521 posts
  • LocationDerby, England

Posted 05 January 2022 - 09:37 AM

Probably 1 - 2 years back, PGI decided that the Banshee was too good at hill poking and shifted the majority of weapons down to waist level, so you are not far off the mark. Its just a case of sequential placement with other weapons to get your ERPPCs into the right slot - Yey PGI.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users