Super Pods For A Super Deal

20 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 06 January 2022 - 02:32 PM

Greetings MechWarriors!

So you remember those Super Pods from the MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries release party in Vancouver a few years back? Well if not, here are a few pictures from the archives:

(OFFER DOES NOT INCLUDE ANY COMPUTER, MONITOR, OR ELECTRONIC ACCESSORIES AS SHOWN IN ABOVE PICTURE)

Yes, those Super Pods! Due to the ongoing Covid-19 situation, the majority of our staff are currently working remotely, and we are temporarily moving into a smaller office space until further notice. Unfortunately for us (but maybe good for you) we don't have space for all of the Super Pods! So, if you live in the Vancouver area and have the ability to transport something of this size (It can be assembled/disassembled), or if you're not local but you are so inclined to handle all of the costs and logistics involved with shipping, one of these Super Pods can be yours for the very reasonable price of FREE! This is for the Super Pod alone, no computer equipment or accessories included.

Assembled, the dimensions of each pod are 6.5'x6.5'x8'5 (WxHxD).

For more information on the manufacturing of the pods go HERE.

If you are interested in getting a pod or have questions, please contact daeron.katz@piranhagames.com with SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY PLEASE!

#2 RAM

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 2,018 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 06 January 2022 - 03:13 PM

These were seriously awesome to play MWO and MW5 in. Enjoy!

RAM
ELH

#3 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 06 January 2022 - 03:13 PM

If only I had the ability and room... Free is a very reasonable price. Maybe a little too low considering what it is. Posted Image

#4 Valdarion Silarius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,671 posts
  • LocationWubbing and dakkaing everyone in best jellyfish mech

Posted 06 January 2022 - 03:36 PM

I'd love to own one. Couldn't imagine the shipping charges unless I drove out to Vancover myself.

#5 Ward0g

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 January 2022 - 04:25 PM

It's a shame to see these being given away, but I hope they find a good home. I got to try them at MechCon 18, and I even got to talk to Paul a bit about how they were made. It was a great way to try the MW5 demo, and it even inspired me to pick up a Buttkicker for my cockpit at home.

#6 CycKath

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,574 posts
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 06 January 2022 - 05:25 PM

Pretty. Nowhere to store even if I could overcome that whole living in Australia thing.

#7 xXx_Bazooka_xXx

• Pip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 19 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationNY

Posted 06 January 2022 - 07:15 PM

Awesome...Posted Image

#8 MT Titan

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 19 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Periphery

Posted 06 January 2022 - 08:35 PM

I have a nice, big man cave one of those would fit quite nicely in, would be cool to setup the stream around it also.

#9 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 07 January 2022 - 01:18 AM

View PostGladius McEvedy, on 06 January 2022 - 08:35 PM, said:

I have a nice, big man cave one of those would fit quite nicely in, would be cool to setup the stream around it also.

Heck, you could likely even deck it out a little further than what PGI did for the MechCon floor too. It would certainly be quite the sight, huh? Yeah, your post is getting a 'Like' from me after I post this! :D

If you succeed in acquiring one, make sure to post on YouTube as well with clips for people to view, and make a Link from somewhere here on MWO's Forums for people to reliably reach it. It unfortunately happens that Twitch is gravely dangerous to those trying to protect their computers against any form of unnecessary invasion, and I certainly will not touch their domain these days. Those insane lunatics running Twitch have even gone to the lengths of designing their pages to force your Web Browser to be completely unprotected before you can access any content, and that's no longer reasonable, nor is it legal in some places. :o

~D. V. "running a stream with a MechCon Super Pod involved is something that viewers could look forward to" Devnull

#10 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,369 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 07 January 2022 - 05:01 AM

Surely it would feel like playing in the Ishiyama Caves a la Solaris7 ;)

View PostGladius McEvedy, on 06 January 2022 - 08:35 PM, said:

#11 SAL7ED P0RK

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 January 2022 - 02:31 PM

I would really love to own one in order to play MWO in 🤩🤩 There's some excellent craftsmanship in those things. I live locally, can collect/haul and would really like to grab one if I am lucky enough. Emails sent to you from John.w****a@Outlook.com . Fingers are crossed. Good luck to all the potential new Super Pod owners.

I would really love to own one in order to play MWO in 🤩🤩 There's some excellent craftsmanship in those things. I live locally, can collect/haul and would really like to grab one if I am lucky enough. Emails sent to you from John.w****a@Outlook.com . Fingers are crossed. Good luck to all the potential new Super Pod owners.

#12 BROARL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 301 posts
  • Locationcommunity warfare

Posted 08 January 2022 - 05:49 AM

i have the space if someone wants to handle the transport for me *HINT* i can soon look after them all (spoiler).
have i ever told you, the community, how much i like you? *HINT*

best wishes to whoever gets these, enjoy!
nice gesture PGI, thumbs up.

#13 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 08 January 2022 - 08:48 AM

Due to the ongoing Covid-19 situation, the majority of our staff are currently working remotely, and we are temporarily moving into a smaller office space until further notice.

[redacted]

I suggest you all go back to your office and keep those pods there according to the original plan! Posted Image

Playing MWO with a joystick is a bad idea anyway...
Mouse + Keyboard FTW!!! Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by Ekson Valdez, 09 January 2022 - 10:41 PM.

#14 V1ctor

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 8 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 08 January 2022 - 01:41 PM

i emailed and heard nothing back :( I'm in Victoria and could pick up easily!

#15 Redrumcomet

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 January 2022 - 01:00 PM

dude give it to linus so he can have a proper work station for his oled. any high contrast monitor is gonna be amazing in there

#16 Sensitive Pony Tail Guy

Rookie

• The Aggressor
  • The Aggressor
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 January 2022 - 06:31 AM

I would love one of these. I also live in the area, about 1.5 hours away. I want to put some hydraulics under it and have it move when walking. That with surround sound... it would rock!

Please let me know what I can do to score one of these, I have already sent an email to the emails provided.

Thank you.

#17 Ward0g

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 January 2022 - 07:00 PM

View PostRedrumcomet, on 09 January 2022 - 01:00 PM, said:

dude give it to linus so he can have a proper work station for his oled. any high contrast monitor is gonna be amazing in there

I actually thought the same thing. He could use them when he's able to hold the next LTX convention, or if he ever does the LAN centre idea he talking about on the WAN Show a few weeks ago. That said, his company has all the fabrication equipment he could use to make his own, so it might still be good to see if MWO or MW5 fans can get them.

#18 Eurystheus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 131 posts

Posted 16 January 2022 - 11:05 PM

My wife won't let me have one :(

#19 metallio

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 196 posts

Posted 20 January 2022 - 10:02 AM

Got the email to pickup, but no address. Can someone confirm the address?

#20 SAL7ED P0RK

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 March 2022 - 06:41 AM

Reaching out to the lucky guys / gals who managed to get their hands on the SUPER PODS. I was fortunate enough to grab one and was hoping that we could create a thread. Somewhere to compare notes and ideas on setup / modification!
Would you be interested? I met one of you at PG Office but the others I have no idea. Keen to hear from you!

Thanks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users