Can Qp Incursion Mode Work In Fw?

15 replies to this topic

#1 Jeff on a Buffalo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 120 posts

Posted 07 January 2022 - 10:52 AM

I always assumed that QP Incursion mode would be incorporated in FW in some fashion since this mode seems to fit the theme of what FW is (was) all about. If this topic has already been covered then please just ignore this post and point me where that forums discussion occurred since I am mildly interested in reading it.
To make it work, I assume one just needs to bump up the total damage required to take out the various buildings in the base (by a factor of 2X or 3X, maybe more), maybe some tweaking on the charging and use of those three different abilities you get from the fuel cells? Maybe up the damage needed to take out the turrets in the base.
I assume most of the FW community will probably hate this idea since Incursion is not the most favorite mode. My point of view would be that this would be a different flavour of the FW QP Assault mode. And I assume it would not take alot of work by PGI to include this mode into FW since at this point I assume they do not have alot of pers working on this game anyways.
So I throw this here to see what others think as I go on to play some more garbage FW matches (on my part, I see others playing FW as they normally do).

#2 Ignatius Audene

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 07 January 2022 - 11:14 AM

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

#3 Jeff on a Buffalo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 120 posts

Posted 07 January 2022 - 12:36 PM

Yeah Ignat, you are probably right. Ah well.

#4 Nathan White

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Liao
  • 656 posts

Posted 07 January 2022 - 02:19 PM

View PostJeff on a Buffalo, on 07 January 2022 - 10:52 AM, said:

I assume most of the FW community will probably hate this idea since Incursion is not the most favorite mode. .

Will be better remove all QP modes from FP.

#5 John Bronco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 966 posts

Posted 07 January 2022 - 02:22 PM

FP should be siege, conquest, and either skirmish or assault.

OP - incursion used to be in FP. Everybody hated it since it is an objectively bad game mode.

#6 Khalcruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Steiner
  • Hero of Steiner
  • 808 posts
  • LocationYou gotta lose your mind in Detroit! Rock City!

Posted 07 January 2022 - 03:24 PM

It was a horrible mode that eventually devolved into "who can get their 12 assassins / linebackers to the enemy base first and dunk it the fastest". You'd end up with games where not a single point of damage was done by either side to enemy mechs. Even if only one side did this, and the other side just played defense and tried to fight them off, 12 linebackers easily have enough armor and firepower to dunk a base before they can be stopped.

I can't tell you why the groups that did this thought it was fun, but seeing as how they did it for game after game after game, they must have derived some sort of pleasure. However, it really sucked for their opponents.

#7 Jeff on a Buffalo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 120 posts

Posted 07 January 2022 - 04:38 PM

I forgot this was already tried in FW, makes sense on why they dropped it I guess. But how is this different from FW QP Assault? Kinda the same thing is it, taking the base? There is a difference I guess in capping a base compared to destroying a base but is it really that different?

#8 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 07 January 2022 - 05:57 PM

View PostJeff on a Buffalo, on 07 January 2022 - 04:38 PM, said:

I forgot this was already tried in FW, makes sense on why they dropped it I guess. But how is this different from FW QP Assault? Kinda the same thing is it, taking the base? There is a difference I guess in capping a base compared to destroying a base but is it really that different?

Assault is a cap point.

Incursion is a destroyable base.

That is how they are different and it is why incursion sucks beyond comprehension. You can stop Assault cap at any range you cannot stop base diving.

Only the grubbiest of low skill units enjoyed Incursion. It is worse than Gen-Rushing in Invasion..

#9 Jeff on a Buffalo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 120 posts

Posted 07 January 2022 - 06:02 PM

OK, I'm sold, good they dropped this mode from FW then. Kinda unfortunate since it is such a unique and different game mode compared to the others. Ahh well.

#10 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 07 January 2022 - 06:15 PM

Incursion in FP might be OK if...
  • Base hitpoints doubled
  • Turret hitpoint doubled
  • Turrent Damage increased
  • Perhaps look at putting some turrets onto the walls so they can spot enemys on radar and at least shoot them.
  • Add 2-3 extra turrets in the back/center somewhat elevated with LL or ERM, hell even ERL
  • Make one battery per side a little closer to the spawn than in the centre (~400m would be sufficient). Allowing for early radar and/or ECM etc.

All of this is never going to happen though as it means completely different config for FP. A few of these things were suggested way back and yeah, too hard basket.

#11 Telemachus -Salt Wife Salt Life-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 364 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 12 January 2022 - 06:37 AM

Didn't we already have incursion in FP and then it ended up with 2 waves of Assassins and or 3 waves of Linebackers just base rushing and ending the game...

EDIT: After reading the rest of the thread I see that everyone corrected OP and said how terrible it was lol. Just +1ing here Posted Image

Edited by Telemachus -Salt Wife Salt Life-, 12 January 2022 - 06:38 AM.

#12 Sjorpha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,472 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 12 January 2022 - 02:56 PM

The problem is that incursion is pretty badly designed, and those flaws are compounded in FP.

I think incursion could have been a good game mode if it was asymmetrical, with one team defending a base and one attacking, and then with adjustments it could have been good for FW too.

#13 Extra Guac

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 201 posts

Posted 12 January 2022 - 03:23 PM

They should increase all of the base structure hit points by 10x, imo. Then it would actually be an interesting game mode, since it would be very difficult to destroy the entire base & end the game early. They could even give the base infinite hit points, and keep a tally of each team's base damage.

If time runs out, the team with more base damage wins. The best strategy would be to simply fight the other team & control the map, while slowly & steadily advancing towards their base.

#14 Cyrilis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • 760 posts
  • LocationRas Alhague Insane Asylum, most of the time in the pen where they lock up the Urbie pilots

Posted 14 January 2022 - 01:15 AM

Yes, will work well, if
buildungs and Turrets get a buff (I still want Calliopes from MW4 in here...),
PLUS THIS to deskirmish the game mode:

View PostCyrilis, on 06 May 2018 - 11:56 AM, said:

[...]

My actual suggestion:

Make the dropship that is called in by the AC tower not shoot mechs, but the enemie's base buildings. And set apriority to the 'functional' buildings!

[...]

View PostSjorpha, on 12 January 2022 - 02:56 PM, said:

The problem is that incursion is pretty badly designed, and those flaws are compounded in FP.

I think incursion could have been a good game mode if it was asymmetrical, with one team defending a base and one attacking, and then with adjustments it could have been good for FW too.

Thats pretty much the siege mode...

View PostExtra Guac, on 12 January 2022 - 03:23 PM, said:

They should increase all of the base structure hit points by 10x, imo. Then it would actually be an interesting game mode, since it would be very difficult to destroy the entire base & end the game early. They could even give the base infinite hit points, and keep a tally of each team's base damage.

If time runs out, the team with more base damage wins. The best strategy would be to simply fight the other team & control the map, while slowly & steadily advancing towards their base.

Thats pretty much skirmish...

Edited by Cyrilis, 14 January 2022 - 05:32 AM.

#15 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 19 January 2022 - 04:33 AM

yeah, we had that in FW, and it was so-so.

on evenings with lots of similar matches, incursion was an opportunity for a nice switch of 'pace' and playstyle.
even rushing things was nice every now and then, just to get out of "doing always the same"-stuff that many seem to swear by.

but yes: it was implemented rather bad, and in typical PGI-fashion it got axed rather than being adjusted.
could have been a great mode with a few easy xml-changes, but nah.. can't have nice things.

Edited by Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie, 19 January 2022 - 04:33 AM.

#16 tee5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 19 January 2022 - 09:36 AM

It's really funny that people are posting new ideas, meanwhile since 2 years nothing new had been added to CW.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users