Yes Or No, Or Who Gives A Sh*t

141 replies to this topic

#1 Kotis77

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Subcommander
  • Subcommander
  • 251 posts

Posted 24 January 2022 - 11:09 AM

At the state of FP do we need to do something?

There is certain player mentality that thinks FP is still competetive gamemode.Most of these guys have joined EVIL/2WAR. 4 years ago or more in FP werent enough highskilled playerpool to fight 12man EVIL stompingparty. We tried many times to fight these guys. It was hard 4 years ago to get decent guys to fight big groups now even harder. When got same amount of skill and win one or two matches they stopped playing. And us doing the stomping after that when they stopped playing. So running high skilled 12mans have sucked after 2017.

All the big groups still running highskilled stompingparties still quote FP loadingscreen like that means anything. So that they can have their fun stomping puggies. Lets admit FP its just casual mode that is more demanding than QP. Except EVIL/2WAR/DSx who artificially keep FP "competetive gamemode" so they can run 12mans. So these bullies can "buy" win by just dropping more veterans. Instead of going to play comp with the rest of real comp guys. And the matches against these 12man 2WAR/DSX is so ******* boring. Gotta be timidiest 12mans ever to play FP. They know that they gonna win but still play so ******* sweaty af. yikes. groups that have W/L ratio over 3 dont wanna make it fair.

If FP is highly competetive gamemode there would be more "real comp" guys playing. EMP/JGx big parties comes to kill ques one or two times per year. btw EMP still holds world record 48-1, according to stimraug they will come for 48-0 someday. But its not that bad as EVIL/2WAR has been killing game for so long, just that they can have some fun with they boys. Past 2 years i have been watching EVERYONE that streams FP, to see if there is any other 12mans fighting or having close games. Sadly no. There was one stream, i think it was ASH stream NA time, like 7months ago where there was 5 really close games in row and people did try to balance matches, but rest of the time its just stompy

And topics discussing FP problems are just should puggies do in perfect world 1.1k damage to join match or is it 1k damage is enough. Like any of these puggies read FP forums

It would be little bit better if we got some help from PGI. Like making matchmaker so we could get at least 12 best players available to fight 12mans., make siege matches counter attack or just make it random. Or all three.

If there is 0% chance of winning match, ppl stop playing, or the HC players that dont mind losing still plays but they arent usually that good.

So my question is should highskill big groups be condemn?

Or the loadingscreen is the bible and survival of the fittest babyyy and keep smashing?

Edited by Kotis77, 27 January 2022 - 06:14 AM.

#2 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 24 January 2022 - 11:16 AM

Look at what PGI does with the QP Matchmaker complaint threads for your response.

#3 Kotis77

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Subcommander
  • Subcommander
  • 251 posts

Posted 24 January 2022 - 11:20 AM

This isnt for PGI. this for players and the game

#4 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 24 January 2022 - 11:25 AM

The only party that can do anything is PGI. Outside of that, people play within the rules that make up MWO. People usually won't give up an advantage for your benefit, and this is true IRL or in game.

I can only suggest forming your own 12 man groups, create comms that is welcoming and friendly than toxic and abusive. You criticize 2WAR, but rather than being big bad wolves out to butcher sheep, the reason people come and stay is because we laugh and joke while playing stompy robbits.

#5 Kotis77

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Subcommander
  • Subcommander
  • 251 posts

Posted 24 January 2022 - 11:32 AM

ah yes the old "I can only suggest forming your own 12 man groups" that have worked every time. i forgot that

Edited by Kotis77, 24 January 2022 - 11:33 AM.

#6 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 24 January 2022 - 11:43 AM

Asking for others to cater to your whims never works, whereas changing yourself always works. Maybe this topic too close to IRL for this forum but our answer to any request to limit our group size is simply no.

#7 Kotis77

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Subcommander
  • Subcommander
  • 251 posts

Posted 24 January 2022 - 11:46 AM

no its about game. killing the game sucks buddy

everyone knows my and your side of story. let other ppl answer

#8 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 24 January 2022 - 11:48 AM

The answer from only two parties matter: PGI, and 2WAR.

#9 John Bronco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 966 posts

Posted 24 January 2022 - 11:49 AM

FP is the only game mode for large groups, and I doubt that will ever change, nor should it.

#10 SVEDRUM

• Pip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 12 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 24 January 2022 - 11:55 AM

Kotis, I would love to play against good 12 players. But, unfortunately, at the moment, 12 players can only be collected by the DSX, and then only once a week. And even on this day they try to avoid us. When was the last time you saw 12 2WAR players in a drop? Personally, I don't remember it. Basically it is 8 people. Due to the time difference, we still cannot collect 12 people from the unit.
PGI killed FP back in 2018. Many good players left the game. Therefore, we have what we have.
And about the big groups, maybe you're wrong. There are a few more units that can put together a large group, such as 31HR, BTDN, BT, G-NX etc. It's just possible the difference in the time of our game and theirs.

#11 Hobbles v

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 354 posts

Posted 24 January 2022 - 12:01 PM

All I see is someone getting angry that other people play with thier friends in a team game.

There are plenty of units still dropping large groups in FP. Unit vs unit fights are a fair bit rarer but a lot of us are still trying, instead of running around alone, bitter that we dont have teams.
2War, Dsx are the only groups I see in Euro primetime. Justin from 31HR also tries to form group of regulars.
A lot more units frequent NA primetime.

BCMC, G-NX, BTDN, 601, BWC, HHoD, CWM, SPQR, Jewce's guys (i forgot thier tag) The Na Dsx and 2war guys also frequently run pugs of regular veterans. Most of us dont get 12 mans.

Everyone reading this dont be discouraged by Kotis. Go join a team or start one. You will most likely get crushed a lot early on, but if you play with the same people a lot you will naturally start to gel and be more successful. It is had work, but can be extremly rewarding. I know this from experience. When BCMC started out we were just an average team of ex HHoD and could only field 8 mans at best. We grew and developed and a little over a year later we were the winningest unit in the battle of tukkayid 3 and remained a dominant force for years in FP. We are a shadow of that now, but doesnt stop me from trying.

Other units did that too. When G-NX started they were a weak team and a free win for many. Now years later, they are top tier.

#12 KH Slaine

• PipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Participant
  • CS 2023 Participant
  • 76 posts

Posted 24 January 2022 - 12:20 PM

Deaden yourself against marshmallows or hone your skills on the hardest diamond stone.
Simple.
I don't like marshmallows.

#13 Extra Guac

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 202 posts

Posted 24 January 2022 - 12:29 PM

All those teams frequently drop in small groups, or even solo drop in FP. I've had plenty of competitive matches lately with DSx, 2WAR, etc - on their side and on the other side.

#14 Inferna Canis

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 January 2022 - 12:29 PM

Im sorry you feel this way Kotis77, the population is so much smaller now and there are a lot less teams about. But pug stomping is just somthing that cant be helped, you cant always get a team to drop against and has always been this way since 2016:

Posted Image

#15 Kotis77

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Subcommander
  • Subcommander
  • 251 posts

Posted 24 January 2022 - 12:37 PM

ah you guys got the record. my bad

anybody else from 2WAR or their assosiate wants to chip in?

Edited by Kotis77, 24 January 2022 - 12:38 PM.

#16 Inferna Canis

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 January 2022 - 12:51 PM

View PostKotis77, on 24 January 2022 - 12:37 PM, said:

ah you guys got the record. my bad

anybody else from 2WAR or their assosiate wants to chip in?

2WAR dosnt hold this so called record as far as I know and I wound call it that, I would call it a bad game these type of games are no fun for any one, We are looking for good fights not stomps for us or against us, close games are what we would like. We know this is not comp, we play it because its not comp, we want fun not sweaty. When I drop solo I never exspect to win, I just play and have big mech fun.

#17 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 24 January 2022 - 12:53 PM

If it is just the 48-0, many units have done it, and no one feels good after it, on either side.

#18 Extra Guac

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 202 posts

Posted 24 January 2022 - 01:15 PM

Honestly, I think the matches are better earlier in the day, and prime time has more stomps.

From yesterday:

Posted Image

#19 Kotis77

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Subcommander
  • Subcommander
  • 251 posts

Posted 24 January 2022 - 01:17 PM

View PostNightbird, on 24 January 2022 - 12:53 PM, said:

If it is just the 48-0, many units have done it, and no one feels good after it, on either side.

dont lie. at least stimraug was honest and proud. knowing you guys, you were too

Edited by Kotis77, 24 January 2022 - 01:18 PM.

#20 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 24 January 2022 - 01:20 PM

What a read...

I've had two 48-0s, 3-4 years ago now long before we did 48-1 on Sulfurous Attack (EmP).

Sometimes you get close matches and sometimes you don't. End of the day there is no way to balance it out because as soon as a 5-6man starts losing to a 3-4man, the next match they start growing in size because they can't handle losing. Hell some units won't even drop unless they get a certain number of players because again can't handle losing and can't carry.

There is never going to be a solution here.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users