#42 Meep Meep

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,766 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 14 February 2022 - 02:56 PM

View Postfoamyesque, on 13 February 2022 - 02:02 PM, said:

This sounds hilarious, but I have some skepticism about whether you're gonna see enough people to meaningfully move the needle.

Now, an official event with actual ingame rewards for, say, 5,000 match score in a light 'mech? That'd do it.

I imagine this is going to be more about lancing up with like minded players and having some wolfpack fun. In a way for maximum enjoyment you don't really want a ton of light mechs per match or it turns into a cat fight instead of mobbing larger prey.

#43 Andrewlik

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • 138 posts

Posted 17 February 2022 - 10:21 AM

Posted Image

I made a poster for the event. Going to start promoting this on the subreddits and trying to get some other servers in on it after my lectures today.

EDIT:
Google drive link for both the gif and the video file of this poster, along with some of the mechs i've cropped for videos. https://drive.google...qR9?usp=sharing

Edited by Andrewlik, 17 February 2022 - 10:24 AM.

#44 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,825 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 17 February 2022 - 11:24 AM

They may take our lives, but they'll never take our...

[Insert dual UAC/20's here]

Well... They just took our lives. But we had fun!

#45 Meep Meep

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,766 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 17 February 2022 - 04:20 PM

View PostAndrewlik, on 17 February 2022 - 10:21 AM, said:

Posted Image

I made a poster for the event. Going to start promoting this on the subreddits and trying to get some other servers in on it after my lectures today.

EDIT:
Google drive link for both the gif and the video file of this poster, along with some of the mechs i've cropped for videos. https://drive.google...qR9?usp=sharing

A discord channel for this would also be an easy way to lance up for maximum lulz. Posted Image

#46 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 18 February 2022 - 08:41 AM

HSR is going to go crazy with lights lag teleporting across the maps.

#47 1453 R

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,459 posts

Posted 18 February 2022 - 01:18 PM

Naaah. HSR only really falls down when the player's connection is too shoddy for words, at which point it's not the game's fault.

And frankly, even if it was? Who cares. Light 'Mechs are fun. Get out, zip around, pew on the go, and enjoy a nice rousing afternoon/evening of Find the Hindparts. Let no butt go untouched on this day of the Galactic Flea-For-All.

#48 Flea King Fleappuccino

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 56 posts

Posted 18 February 2022 - 08:57 PM

View PostAndrewlik, on 17 February 2022 - 10:21 AM, said:

Posted Image I made a poster for the event. Going to start promoting this on the subreddits and trying to get some other servers in on it after my lectures today. EDIT: Google drive link for both the gif and the video file of this poster, along with some of the mechs i've cropped for videos. https://drive.google...qR9?usp=sharing

Aww lol Fleas are the cutest things ever :3

#49 Ralgas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,628 posts
  • LocationThe Wonderful world of OZ

Posted 18 February 2022 - 10:15 PM

You do and you don't have a point. I don't mind getting eaten by lights, that's on me and my team for not having the loadout or coordination to deal with them.

What does make me want to faceplant the keyboard is getting the drop on a flea who thinks they are hidden, unloading 2x ac/20 with a reticule hit and the watching the little snot prance off without even so much as a missing component.

Even as a light myself, chasing a commando all over a multi level map, swear i did over half my match dmg pouring lasers into him (mostly into his back) for the best part of a minute and only got 2x arms for my efforts before following him over the wrong ridge into the enemy murderball and getting nuked........ (couldn't tell what was happening with that one coz stealth)

Good ol hsr brings out the nuclear FUUUUU meme, not lights. Most of the posts you refer to are confusing one for the other.

Edited by Ralgas, 18 February 2022 - 10:22 PM.

#50 Mark Yore

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Deadset Legend
  • Deadset Legend
  • 218 posts

Posted 19 February 2022 - 04:57 AM

Just offhand, what's the biggest weapon you can put on a Flea without making it unplayable?

I really want the Flea equivalents of my AC20 Adder...

#51 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,825 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 19 February 2022 - 06:13 AM

View PostMark Yore, on 19 February 2022 - 04:57 AM, said:

Just offhand, what's the biggest weapon you can put on a Flea without making it unplayable?

I really want the Flea equivalents of my AC20 Adder...

A flea with a 100XL engine has about 10 tons for weaponry. But yeah, it moves at adder speed.

#52 katoult

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • 126 posts

Posted 19 February 2022 - 06:45 AM

For single weapon max alpha a single HPPC Flea is very much playable and can be a fun annoyance.

#53 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 891 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 19 February 2022 - 11:00 AM

Oh, hell! Good, on 22.th I would use my very limited number of lights. Someone would surely be happy about a few easy kills :)

#54 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,793 posts

Posted 19 February 2022 - 01:45 PM

thants to patch notes my 2xuac5 fury will be brutal.

#55 Weeny Machine

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,010 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 19 February 2022 - 03:31 PM

View PostRalgas, on 18 February 2022 - 10:15 PM, said:

You do and you don't have a point. I don't mind getting eaten by lights, that's on me and my team for not having the loadout or coordination to deal with them.

What does make me want to faceplant the keyboard is getting the drop on a flea who thinks they are hidden, unloading 2x ac/20 with a reticule hit and the watching the little snot prance off without even so much as a missing component.

Even as a light myself, chasing a commando all over a multi level map, swear i did over half my match dmg pouring lasers into him (mostly into his back) for the best part of a minute and only got 2x arms for my efforts before following him over the wrong ridge into the enemy murderball and getting nuked........ (couldn't tell what was happening with that one coz stealth)

Good ol hsr brings out the nuclear FUUUUU meme, not lights. Most of the posts you refer to are confusing one for the other.

I don't know but I agree on the Commando issue...it is ridiculous what you have to pump into one to get it to die.

The other issue...I think it is also a hitreg problem. I have seen AC/20 shells and PPC bolts pass right through a target without colliding

#56 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,793 posts

Posted 19 February 2022 - 05:37 PM

thats usually a convergence glitch. can be avoided by grouping by side. if you have one in each arm you are going to have more glitches than if you put both in the same arm. try to keep your ppcs in as tight a group as possible. if you have to spread them out, put them in separate fire groups.

#57 Andrewlik

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • 138 posts

Posted 19 February 2022 - 08:00 PM

@OP Yo dude I actually for Everything Battletech Onboard

Promotional Video: https://youtu.be/Wf2Vy4Yqg-Y

Event link: https://discord.gg/J...792086807449691

Also on PGI's MW5/MWO discord as well. Not officially affiliated or anything, just the idea initially gained traction over there so i thought it would be fair to my fellow mechwarriors over there. Link to PGI's server:
https://discord.gg/hcnbX5r

#58 Count_Dakkula

Rookie

• Little Helper
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 February 2022 - 08:31 PM

FLEA TEAM THREE

Edited by Count_Dakkula, 19 February 2022 - 08:32 PM.

#59 Ralgas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,628 posts
  • LocationThe Wonderful world of OZ

Posted 19 February 2022 - 10:19 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 19 February 2022 - 05:37 PM, said:

thats usually a convergence glitch. can be avoided by grouping by side. if you have one in each arm you are going to have more glitches than if you put both in the same arm. try to keep your ppcs in as tight a group as possible. if you have to spread them out, put them in separate fire groups.

literally had time to line it up an make sure it was in the torso. fyi the map was viridian bog, the flea had just peeked next to one of the orange structures behind the team and was lock spotting, not aware i had seen it. Was stationary while i aimed and shot, reacted to the dmg.

#60 Akamia Terizen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 143 posts

Posted 20 February 2022 - 12:27 AM

I’m in; bringing my Incubus and Jenner IIC. Maybe I can drag my friend in. He and I like to wolfpack sometimes; he has a Piranha. Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users