83 replies to this topic

#81 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,825 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 22 February 2022 - 08:03 PM

I came, I saw, I got my toolkit handed to me. Posted Image I'm not the best at light mechs, but I did clear 300 damage every round, so that hits my "didn't suck" bar. 13 games, 9 were losses, PSR went up 6 times out of 13.

Most of the losses were my 4spl 4hmg Firestarter. I just can't play MG dakka very well. The FUN ones were my AC/5 4ML Urbanmech, which I just had to play due to the AC/5 buff, and it did... surprisingly well!

The surprise of the night was my Raven being top dog (or bird, I guess) in one match.

Posted Image

I look forward to seeing if the percentage of lights used ticked up a notch or three today! Thanks for throwing this together, it was fun!

#82 1453 R

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,459 posts

Posted 23 February 2022 - 07:42 AM

Couldn't get more than an hour and a half or so of Flea For All in, rough day's work -_-. Also a rough night of MWO, since I haven't played in most of a month. Did score a nine hundred damage game with the ol' Meth Linux, though! Love that little *******, which is so weird because for most of eight years they were the most useless 'Mechs imaginable. Power of more than doubling its durability and giving it almost three times the hardpoint count, I suppose, though it's amusing that such drastic measures were what it took to pull the chassis out of Suckland.

Disappointed I never got into a game with more than four light 'Mechs on my team though, including me and Maker actually doing Flea For All. Ah well. Maybe next time!

#83 dubstep albatross

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 60 posts

Posted 23 February 2022 - 08:02 AM

View Post1453 R, on 23 February 2022 - 07:42 AM, said:

Disappointed I never got into a game with more than four light 'Mechs on my team though, including me and Maker actually doing Flea For All. Ah well. Maybe next time!

I got in nine games yesterday. At one point the light queue was at 30%, but mostly it hovered around 22%. In one game I saw ten lights total, but never more than five on a side. I have to wonder if there is some balancing going on around category of mech. I wonder if the additional light queue caused more games to fill faster as opposed to filling games with more lights.

In the image below you can see the counts for all nine games I played. The data are segmented by victory condition as well -- so rows zero and one are the same game, differing teams. Rows two and three, same game, and so on. As an average number of lights per game, there was a definite uptick.

I would say given that this was a player-driven event that had limited reach (most MWO players do not read the forums or either subreddits), I would say the turnout was pretty good. This shows that the community can be responsive to such events. Perhaps PGI can work off of this idea. I think the key is a short window. If this "event" were over a week, I think the effect might be diluted. Imagine if PGI incentivized this with some event rewards. Just build a small event and add the "and is Light" condition to the normal kind of rewards they make now.

These could be regular events, too. Assault day. Clan day. Laser day. Might encourage players to try new things and explore new parts of the game. Could motivate chassis/equipment purchases, too.

Posted Image

#84 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 891 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 23 February 2022 - 10:25 AM

Yesterday I played lights to honour this Flea for All stuff. Perhaps my tier's playerbase not read this forum entry... There was a match where I were the only light (the other disconnected at the beginning and not reconnected at all) with my (L) Urbie. Everyone bombed my with messages: Why not run and scout? U'r a light!
Men! With a mech slightly faster than your Fatlas?! Scout yourself!
Still, it were fun (my Urbie has ~80KPH speed thx for light engine what were a deal for 3xLPPCs + Stealth). All three games were fun despite that I am awfull with lights.
I strongly recommend bomb PGI to make once such an event official! Or (evil face) prevent drop but light mechs into matches for a few days...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users