Mid Tier Pilot Looking For My Forever Unit

26 replies to this topic

#21 Juvat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 671 posts
  • LocationIn the Mechbay tinkering with my Mechs...

Posted 16 February 2022 - 05:53 AM

View PostPyrazire, on 15 February 2022 - 10:49 PM, said:

Would you be down to sit down with me some time in the next week or so and kinda give me a rundown of things? Maybe I can get to know some of the guys before I make my decision?

Sure thing. I am on TS (my Discord is currently down) during the daytime EST and most evenings. As for the rest of the MWO group the best time to probably catch the leadership and most of our active players for that area is tonight (2/16/2022) around 8 PM EST. Again feel free to hop on to our TS through the website and someone will move you to the channel to talk with all the peeps and get to know them. Hopefully RL will not prevent me from being there as well to greet you too! You're also welcome to PM me directly with any questions/concerns you might have as well and I'll do my best to get back to you as quickly as possible.

#22 Pyrazire

• Pip
  • Warrior - Point 3
  • Warrior - Point 3
  • 16 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio Texas

Posted 16 February 2022 - 09:20 AM

View PostAnAnachronismAlive, on 16 February 2022 - 12:27 AM, said:

It usually is the norm to have some deliberate chat / talks and common drops in MWO before one joins and/or is allowed to join a unit, so I would not assume that BWC - nor any other unit - will force you into some kind of decision prematurely or with guns drawn.

The vast majority of MWOs community is pretty appreciable and mature most of the time (compared to other games for certain) without hard unit-borders drawn in-game plus em BWC folks are kinda nice lads afaik. Once ye dropped often enough, you will recognize - and be recognized by - most members / units of the core-community anyhow. Decent people will find a suitable spot to be in / people to play with in this game very easily - if they put in a little effort and adhere to basic social standards that is.

View PostJohn De, on 16 February 2022 - 04:40 AM, said:

BWC is open to all. You get out what you put in, www.the-bwc.com .Come drop with us and see if you like it. There is no obligation to join. We have players level 5 to level 1. We have several players that rank in the top of MWO. BWC Red Backs (Comp Team) We have casual play almost every night for fun. We have trainings available to help you increase your skills.

John De
BWC MWO NCOIC

View PostJuvat, on 16 February 2022 - 05:53 AM, said:

Sure thing. I am on TS (my Discord is currently down) during the daytime EST and most evenings. As for the rest of the MWO group the best time to probably catch the leadership and most of our active players for that area is tonight (2/16/2022) around 8 PM EST. Again feel free to hop on to our TS through the website and someone will move you to the channel to talk with all the peeps and get to know them. Hopefully RL will not prevent me from being there as well to greet you too! You're also welcome to PM me directly with any questions/concerns you might have as well and I'll do my best to get back to you as quickly as possible.

Gotcha. I guess I am pretty used to other games where in many cases you join the group first and then you play with them. With the exception of meeting people in game and playing with them there first. Over the years I have played MWO off and on alot. I know that lots of people seem to know each other but with the exception of a few small circles I have never really seemed to end up in the circle of folks that know each other. At least not outside of whatever Unit I was in at the time.

It is good to know that y'all over at BWC Run stuff most nights, and also thank you for the invite this evening Juvat. I have D&D at 8:30/9pm CST so I will only be around probably for like an hour or two at most of active window, but I will get TS reinstalled and show up for as much as I can. I will probably also being doing some drops throughout the day. While I am no longer Covid positive I am still not back to work just yet as the brain fog is a bit persistent, so my day is going to consist of mostly going to the gym and chillin in MWO or somethin.

Edited by Pyrazire, 16 February 2022 - 09:20 AM.

#23 Juvat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 671 posts

Posted 16 February 2022 - 12:02 PM

No worries at all... and understand about Covid. I had it plus pneumonia back at the beginning of January and still recovering from it. We are pretty laid back for the most part so you're welcome to come hang out whenever even if you decide not to join us (our comms are open though we do have some channels that are limited access for members only). Hope your recovery continues to improve though and look forward to hanging out with you whenever you get a chance :)

#24 Juvat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 671 posts

Posted 17 February 2022 - 05:52 AM

Sorry I wasn't able to stick around long last night but hopefully you had some fun hanging out with some of the gang! I'll try to be on TS later on today (I have doctors appointment soon so I'll be on after 1 PM EST).

#25 Pyrazire

• Pip
  • Warrior - Point 3
  • Warrior - Point 3
  • 16 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio Texas

Posted 18 February 2022 - 12:21 PM

View PostJuvat, on 17 February 2022 - 05:52 AM, said:

Sorry I wasn't able to stick around long last night but hopefully you had some fun hanging out with some of the gang! I'll try to be on TS later on today (I have doctors appointment soon so I'll be on after 1 PM EST).

no problem man I will get you added up in game too so that we can connect more easily as well. I would like to do a few more drops with BWC and it's members before I make a decision and I would certainly like to get to know you a bit better since you are the one recruiting me hahahaha

#26 AnniMattR

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 February 2022 - 08:19 AM

What time do you drop? BTDN drops around 8pm central, 9pm Eastern
https://discord.gg/WfDAw8X5VW

#27 BeCause

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 32 posts

Posted 23 February 2022 - 04:47 PM

We're mostly dirty QP warriors, but if you'd like a server with an open door policy, you can pop in any time.
https://discord.gg/EdWdr57BkT

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users