Meh, not old enough to be necrod.

#22 Storky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 905 posts

Posted 12 July 2023 - 03:15 AM

View Postsycocys, on 10 July 2023 - 04:02 AM, said:

Do flamers cap at 90% if you choose to turn the cap off (override)?

Tested it in duels. Yes, you have the last 10% of bar for a normal live and realizing your sustained dps, just make sure your shoots are not exceed the remained heat capacity. Without glitches , of course.

#23 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 12 July 2023 - 03:30 AM

View PostCurccu, on 11 July 2023 - 06:45 AM, said:

Flamers increase targets heat up to 90% and keep it there, nothing affects that.

That's too bad, they should roast people that run on override.

#24 Curccu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 12 July 2023 - 05:23 AM

View Postsycocys, on 12 July 2023 - 03:30 AM, said:

That's too bad, they should roast people that run on override.

Sounds pretty OP weapon in that case... would also force shutdown and that legendary headshot nova would be pretty much autowin if it got into range.

#25 RockmachinE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 12 July 2023 - 06:53 AM

They used to be OP, for a while people ran them and just overheated everyone.

#26 CherokeeRose187

• PipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 97 posts

Posted 12 July 2023 - 08:40 AM

I was running a Night Gyr and discovered that flamers do indeed work against Night Gyr... Fle-FA kept me at 90%, unfortunately for the Fle, I was running LBx5's and could continue shooting, fortunately for the Fle I was running LBX5.s and couldn't hardly hit him.

#27 Marcel Leander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 124 posts

Posted 19 July 2023 - 09:24 PM

Oh, are we talking about the flamer again? I have a few questions about the mechanics - because I've been reading through the game files and not sure what some of the variables mean on this one.

So... if I'm reading it correctly, "heatinctime": 4.75 and "trgheatinctime": 3 I'm assuming are the amount of time it does steady self-heat and heat-damage to target before heat-ramping kicks in? I notice using my mech with 4 flamers and 3.96/s dissipation it takes almost 4.75s to begin to register on my heat gauge, so that seems to follow.

With "heatdamage": 4.5 and "heat": 1, being the heat-damage to target and self-heat values during that time?

And then "effectscale": 13 would be the exponential ramp up?

If that's the case, does that really mean that the heat ramping effects your target before it begins to effect yourself? And what does the 13 mean? 13% increase per second?

Basically I just want to be able to see the basic math so that any given number of seconds I fire the flamer, I can figure out how much heat damage I'm putting out (at optimum range) and how much heat I'm accruing.

Edited by Marcel Leander, 19 July 2023 - 09:25 PM.

#28 MechB Kotare

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 720 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 19 July 2023 - 11:51 PM

#29 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 20 July 2023 - 06:57 AM

View PostMarcel Leander, on 19 July 2023 - 09:24 PM, said:

If that's the case, does that really mean that the heat ramping effects your target before it begins to effect yourself? And what does the 13 mean? 13% increase per second?

I don't think there is any heat ramping on target.

#30 An6ryMan69

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 495 posts

Posted 21 July 2023 - 09:11 AM

Guys hate on LRM boats and somewhat on gauss and blue laser builds, but the flamer has to be the greasiest weapon around, period. Best way to deal with them is to group mob anyone fielding them, every time, and hopefully they start to not show up at all.

#31 Marcel Leander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 124 posts

Posted 24 July 2023 - 11:39 PM

View PostCurccu, on 20 July 2023 - 06:57 AM, said:

I don't think there is any heat ramping on target.

I may need to test with a friend sometime and make sure. The only information I had to go off was recently unearthed by archaeologists and carted off to the British Museum.

View PostSethAbercromby, on 12 October 2014 - 03:21 AM, said:

Flamers have a very oddball heat generation. Unlike any other weapon in the game does the flamer generate exponential heat the longer it is used, both on you and the enemy. If you were to only use the flmaber within the 90m range, your opponent would always have a faster heat builup than you do. You cannot overheat an enemy with the flamer however. Once the enemy hits 90% heat, the flamer does not cause increased heat buildup, but also cut out the cooling, which makes the next enemy shot very likely to push them over the limit.

To counter the exponential heat builup, you can use chain fire. This make them less effective against your enemy, but help keeping your heat in check. If you want to use flamers, I reccomend 4 to 6 flamers, with two groups, one set for chain fire and one alpha and mix them with some weapons that can cause some actual damage. While flamers are considered extremely underwhelming by the majority of players, that certainly doesn't stop them from shooting your direction while using them.

________________________________________________________________________________

View PostAn6ryMan69, on 21 July 2023 - 09:11 AM, said:

Guys hate on LRM boats and somewhat on gauss and blue laser builds, but the flamer has to be the greasiest weapon around, period. Best way to deal with them is to group mob anyone fielding them, every time, and hopefully they start to not show up at all.

With the omnipods I have on my Dire Wolf, I have a Dakka build but a bunch of spare energy slots in the arms and a lot of extra heat pool since I'm using ballistics. So I was able to spare a couple tons for 4 flamers... and now I get to punish anyone who tries to brawl a little too close.

Edited by Marcel Leander, 24 July 2023 - 11:41 PM.

#32 Necroconvict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Shogun
  • The Shogun
  • 364 posts
  • LocationBaconville

Posted 07 August 2023 - 05:26 AM

Flamers still do some actual damage, as do machine guns, or any other stray fire. You don't need to lose a torso to be popped over the 100% just a heat sink needs to get clipped.

#33 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 07 August 2023 - 05:50 AM

View PostNecroconvict, on 07 August 2023 - 05:26 AM, said:

Flamers still do some actual damage, as do machine guns, or any other stray fire. You don't need to lose a torso to be popped over the 100% just a heat sink needs to get clipped.

Yep, flamers do 1/10th of dps what machinegun does.

12 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 12 guests, 0 anonymous users