Anything New Interesting Content Soontm?

Gameplay General

43 replies to this topic

#41 Mahpsy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 293 posts

Posted 31 March 2022 - 05:55 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 21 March 2022 - 12:37 PM, said:

im not against people running what is effectively this build. this was a great mech for solaris, but not so good in qp given how easy king crabs fall apart when being shot at from more than one angle. this thing gives up 10 tons and 10 slots for those six hmgs and their ammo, plus some extra slots if you want to case that ammo. if you were going to use 3x arrays you would need 11 tons and 12 slots for the same loadout. you will probibly want to use a pair of 4x arrays, that will cost you 13 tons and 14 slots with the same ammo. if you downgrade the mrms and remove endo or go standard engine and downgrade that you might be able to get 4. much of this build's charm is the other weapons, to approach using your hot weapons and then switching to hmgs when you get into brawling range, by which time you are hot and have an enemy with open structure.

the details of implementation matter. mgas can have 2-4 guns. if clan balance is an issue, you can give the clans 3x arrays and the is 4x. clans can always source more hardpoints on their omnimechs. a dire bringing the equivalent of 32 machine guns into battle would be absurd, and likely not able to survive engagements > 200m. it would chew everything it touched to pieces and squirrels especially would not want to mess with it. but getting that whale into a position where it can hurt the enemy would be a challenge. for balance sake limiting it to only 2 piranhas of firepower might be prudent. spheroid mechs tend to have not very well distributed ballistic points. a lot of them just seem to have a cluster in one component. an annihilator or night star would give you 6 4x arrays for the equivalent of 3 fleas.

2 piranhas or 3 fleas, whatever metric you chose, seems harsh. however machine guns force multiply with speed, as you generally use them to hunt mechs with open components with their high crit potential, mobility matters there. on a fatmech you dont have the mobility to hunt or the crit potential of multiple guns (mgas would only have the crit potential of a single mg of the same type, reguardless of size). it just becomes a range dps weapon. im not even sure mgas would be a good fit for my hmg crab, as the crit is part of its charm or that it would work out on any maximum machine gun build. a troll build at best.

I couldn't have said it any better my self. At least in roguetech the C MGAS may weigh less, but they also take up an extra slot. So that would be something ells to work around. So IS would be 3 C would be 4. Having variations of arrays would be a welcome addition now that I think about it.

#42 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,435 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 31 March 2022 - 08:37 PM

+1
Let's dream big!

MWO Timeline Expansion (the first one since the Civil War timeline expansion)

Omnimechs for Inner Sphere!
New Mech chassis such as Stone Rhino!
New Hero Atlas with ballistic Left Torso *and* Right Torso!
IS gets advanced ATM!, Binary Lasers,
IS gets Silver bullet gauss, Binary lasers or Hyper assault gauss (credits: Beffa)

Clan gets advanced ER-Pulse-Laser, MRM, RAC, and PPC! New mech chassis!
Angel ECM! Bloodhound Active Probe!

More brand new maps! (OOPS... we have TWO new maps already!)

Deepened Faction Play experience!

Love to dream big :)

View PostMahpsy, on 20 March 2022 - 08:59 AM, said:

So as much as a Mechwarrior fan that I am I'm struggle to rationalize giving any money to PGI atm.

I'm just wondering if there is potentially anything worth while coming along maps aside. Say like new mechs, new weapons, hell I'll take even Non-cannon weapons like
Clan Rotary ac's 2-20
Rotary Gauss, Lower range w/ spread like an LB/very hot if not used in bursts.
Laser Arrays, micro-small(functions like 3 weapons but takes 1 slot with = tonnage
Machine Gun Array's
Chem Lasers
Heavy/ER Flamers
Heavy MRM
Streak MRM
Streak LRM
Streak ATM
Mortars (IMO what the game needs instead of arty/airstrike spam till one team runs out)
Railgun
Mines

The list goes on. But I hear you thinking

" But Mahpsy, the game balance would go to **** again!"

Sometimes you need to change things up in order to keep a game alive. New weapons alone could push 2-5 years worth of gameplay easy.

But this is the kind of stuff that would make me want to invest money again. Dono about everyone ells.

#43 pbiggz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,684 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 01 April 2022 - 07:05 AM

Dropdecks in quickplay, or a pre-match lobby to choose a mech from your dropdeck for that match, these are things that would probably take engineering time but not too much since they have the tech for faction play already. I'd love to see that.

Quickplay, if it is to be our one queue, needs to have more depth to it.

What would be cool is a persistent lobby where you get roped in for like 2 or 3 matches, with mw2mercs style repairs between matches (armor and internals get fully repaired but lost components stay lost until the end of the match. I am stealing this idea from someone but i dont remember who, so credit to them, wherever they are.

What would be more doable, is to weave quick play into faction play in some way. It would have to stay mixed-tech and there would need to be flavour concessions, but we have a whole *** inner sphere map that we're straight up just ignoring. We cant afford to do that **** for much longer.

#44 Mahpsy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 293 posts

Posted 01 April 2022 - 06:26 PM

View Postw0qj, on 31 March 2022 - 08:37 PM, said:

+1
Let's dream big!

MWO Timeline Expansion (the first one since the Civil War timeline expansion)

Omnimechs for Inner Sphere!
New Mech chassis such as Stone Rhino!
New Hero Atlas with ballistic Left Torso *and* Right Torso!
IS gets advanced ATM!, Binary Lasers,
IS gets Silver bullet gauss, Binary lasers or Hyper assault gauss (credits: Beffa)

Clan gets advanced ER-Pulse-Laser, MRM, RAC, and PPC! New mech chassis!
Angel ECM! Bloodhound Active Probe!

More brand new maps! (OOPS... we have TWO new maps already!)

Deepened Faction Play experience!

Love to dream big Posted Image

I would also love to see a rework to ECM and BaP but that's when things can get tricky. ECM changes have been mentioned at least 1000x on the forums.

If there was anything that stood out to me especially in the 8v8 weekend it's that ECM is king. Hell maybe not even change ECM. Simply make it so someone dosn't get to lock on to you at 1500m just because you are in the open but partially hidden.

Or how Bap is more or less useless because there are so many ECM on the field it does not matter if you counter one because odds are (in almost every fight for me) 2-3 more with it. Whether it's lights or just corner brawling. But I digress.

I would love a drop deck. I personally HATE solaris with a passion and I will now dodge the map if its picked especially if im running a sniper/lrm build. Your just light mech food, or better you turn a corner with no info and half of the team just took out your mech or half of it. Not fun at all Posted Image

Edited by Mahpsy, 01 April 2022 - 06:27 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users