10 replies to this topic

#1 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 25 March 2022 - 03:36 PM

Imagine a mech that is so gigaquirked for UACs that they get 2.5x the ammo, +40% velocity, -40% cooldown, -30% jam chance and +20% range... then slap a UAC20 on it. Basically, Boom Chicken except MORE.

While much of this was possible with the existing pods, the Bloodname Pack gave us the KFX-P left arm pod with +50% ballistic ammo (twice as much as the KFX-PR left arm) and a -30% UAC jam chance (which none of the other left arms have). You only get three tons of ammo, but with the ammo quirks the UAC 20 gets 80 ammo per ton, making it equivalent to 7.5 tons of unquirked ammo capacity.

It's stupidly fun to play.

KFX-P link: https://mwo.nav-alph...=587c3e53_KFX-P

KFX-P(S) link: https://mwo.nav-alph...587c3e53_KFX-PS

Skill tree: https://kitlaan.gitl...20100#s=Weapons (to be fair, it's very much a work in progress; currently I'm trying a mix of survival, mobility and seismic sensor)

Edited by Horseman, 27 March 2022 - 02:14 PM.

#2 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,420 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 27 March 2022 - 10:54 AM

Thank you; that was very interesting ;)

#3 PsionicMantis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 107 posts

Posted 27 March 2022 - 12:11 PM

Finally an idea for my kitfox. Thank you friend

#4 Lumovanis

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 26 posts

Posted 30 March 2022 - 10:19 AM

I decided to build and run this silly thing this morning. I had one really terrible conquest game where I got isolated by a couple lights and a charger, but I definitely had a ton of fun in the game before it where I got to do what I really wanted; mid-brawl backstabbing.

Posted Image

#5 Zeddicuus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Warrior - Point 1
  • 106 posts

Posted 08 April 2022 - 12:31 PM

I"ve been goofing around with the KFX as well, but instead I put 2x HLL, an ECM and as many heatsinks as I can fit.

Results have been hilarious. First time running with it was 4 kills, 4 assists and about 600 damage with several other games about the same.

The funny thing is, almost everyone ignores the KFX until you blow their arm off in a single shot. had a few lights turn tail to run (bad idea with 500M range!), a medium try to flea. Everyone continued to try to harass the PIR, but it was like they had no clue what to do with a KFX that was a laser cannon with legs.

#6 Sawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 402 posts

Posted 08 April 2022 - 04:08 PM

HMM was the KITFOX the mean beast with 14 small lazers in SCOUTING missions, it rose up after they forbide the stormcrow from playing scouting missions, anyway carry on : ).

SAWK CLANNER

#7 latinisator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 562 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 April 2022 - 09:19 PM

View PostSawk, on 08 April 2022 - 04:08 PM, said:

HMM was the KITFOX the mean beast with 14 small lazers in SCOUTING missions

Nah, that was the Nova. The KitFox could fit 8 lasers at max, iirc.

nva-primei

Edited by latinisator, 08 April 2022 - 09:38 PM.

#8 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 09 April 2022 - 02:55 PM

View PostZeddicuus, on 08 April 2022 - 12:31 PM, said:

I"ve been goofing around with the KFX as well, but instead I put 2x HLL, an ECM and as many heatsinks as I can fit. Results have been hilarious. First time running with it was 4 kills, 4 assists and about 600 damage with several other games about the same. The funny thing is, almost everyone ignores the KFX until you blow their arm off in a single shot. had a few lights turn tail to run (bad idea with 500M range!), a medium try to flea. Everyone continued to try to harass the PIR, but it was like they had no clue what to do with a KFX that was a laser cannon with legs.
build plz?

#9 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 10 April 2022 - 02:44 AM

I'm guessing something along these lines? https://mwo.nav-alph...=f50f765e_KFX-P

#10 Zeddicuus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Warrior - Point 1
  • 106 posts

Posted 17 April 2022 - 08:21 AM

@Horseman, yeah, that's pretty close. I think MechDB doesn't have the weights quite right, but I did squeeze in an L-AMS in there.

#11 Neutron IX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,018 posts
  • Location"Soylent Green. It's what's for dinner."

Posted 27 April 2022 - 03:43 PM

I've been running this COU-H(P) for the Platinum event, which has some Boom Fox energy.

https://mwo.nav-alph...92c041d5_COU-HP

Not QUITE the Boom Fox quirks, but it's managed well enough so far.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users