• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 30 March 2022 - 01:01 PM

View Postmartian, on 30 March 2022 - 12:52 PM, said:

Upcoming Crusader variants:

Check the details:
  • CDR-3R - the standard model with a pair of LRM-15, a pair of SRM-6s, a pair of MLs, a pair of MGs
  • CDR-5K - modern Drac model with MRM-30s in arms, 2* MPLs in center torso, 1 ML in LT, 1 ML in RT, jump-capable
  • CDR-5M - modern Marik jump-capable model
  • CDR-6T - modern Davion model with 14 energy hardpoints, jump jets and high engine cap (325-rating default, so 390-rating max?)
  • CDR-7L - Stealth Liao model (i.e. ECM-equipped); lower engine cap with jump jets
Unfortunately, it seems that CRD-8S with the high ballistic hardpoint did not make it. Posted Image

I'm glad they resisted the urge to just include a bunch of ghettotech variants with +1/-1 missile hardpoints between them.

The Heavy Goose variant is a good candidate for a future booster pack or loyalty reward.

#42 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,294 posts

Posted 30 March 2022 - 01:03 PM

View PostFupDup, on 30 March 2022 - 01:01 PM, said:

The Heavy Goose variant is a good candidate for a future booster pack or loyalty reward.

Hopefully ...

#43 FLG 01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 30 March 2022 - 01:13 PM

Good thing the -6T made it. A cavalry heavy Mech with JJ and 14 energy hardpoints, this is a dream. Probably behind a paywall...

Now let's see what hero they choose and what configuration they choose for that hero. (All ten notable pilots had a stock Crusader but one, and that uses melee. So PGI will probably go for a non-canon hero variant)

#44 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,294 posts

Posted 30 March 2022 - 01:43 PM

View PostFLG 01, on 30 March 2022 - 01:13 PM, said:

Good thing the -6T made it. A cavalry heavy Mech with JJ and 14 energy hardpoints, this is a dream. Probably behind a paywall...

The first three variants as the "Standard pack" and CRD-6T and CRD-7L in the "Collectors pack"?

CRD-8S or a similar variant in some future "Reinforcements pack"?

View PostFLG 01, on 30 March 2022 - 01:13 PM, said:

Now let's see what hero they choose and what configuration they choose for that hero. (All ten notable pilots had a stock Crusader but one, and that uses melee. So PGI will probably go for a non-canon hero variant)

I wonder if the Hero will be similar to standard energy/missile variants, or if the Hero 'Mech will be something completely different - like "Florentine" or something.

#45 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 30 March 2022 - 02:47 PM

View Postmartian, on 30 March 2022 - 01:43 PM, said:

I wonder if the Hero will be similar to standard energy/missile variants, or if the Hero 'Mech will be something completely different - like "Florentine" or something.

https://mwo.nav-alph...5b5d3b81_CUSTOM

#46 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,294 posts

Posted 30 March 2022 - 08:16 PM

View PostEscef, on 30 March 2022 - 02:47 PM, said:

Great! Another "Nerf MG! They are OP!!!!!!!" thread ... Posted Image

#47 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,294 posts

Posted 30 March 2022 - 08:37 PM

Posted Image

Crusader Hero "Crael"

Interesting facts:
  • The BattleTech original sports four SRM-6s: LT/RT/LL/RL. So the MWO version should have four missile hardpoints in torso (2 in LT, 2 in RT)
  • Additional armament is the usual pair of MLs and MGs in arms.
  • The BattleTech original sports Claws. So the MWO version could possibly come with the special geometry or with Bolt-ons. Also, if the Crusader makes it to MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries, this "Crael" Hero variant could have stronger Melee attacks in this game.
  • You can see the special Hero livery. Posted Image

#48 Lumovanis

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 26 posts

Posted 31 March 2022 - 04:35 AM

I'm not intimately familiar with the Crusader, but that torso gauss variant would have been nice. Wonder what the max engine size will be to toss into the stealth one.

#49 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,294 posts

Posted 31 March 2022 - 05:34 AM

View PostLumovanis, on 31 March 2022 - 04:35 AM, said:

I'm not intimately familiar with the Crusader, but that torso gauss variant would have been nice. Wonder what the max engine size will be to toss into the stealth one.

CRD-7L comes with the 195-rated engine, so the engine cap shoould be 234.

Should PGI feel generous, they could move the engine limit perhaps to 250 rating.

#50 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,141 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 31 March 2022 - 05:50 AM

View PostTeenage Mutant Ninja Urbie, on 29 March 2022 - 07:52 AM, said:

the concept art is awesome, but I'll have to see it with ingame-graphics.
if it's as awesome there, there'll be a preorder Posted Image

p.s.: Now, the long wait for the UrbieIIC begins. Posted Image

Yes only 4 years left before its too late for the awesomeness that is Urbanmech IICs

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 29 March 2022 - 10:11 AM, said:

Okay then, I'll pose the question... what mech could PGI release at this point that WOULD bring something totally new to the experience? Something that no other chassis can do? (And let's count out game code things like melee or crazy things like land air mechs.)

This would.
Posted Image

Yes i know its not canon, neither was the Roughneck or Sunspiders..

Edited by Nomad Tech, 31 March 2022 - 05:53 AM.

#51 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,880 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 31 March 2022 - 06:07 AM

View PostNomad Tech, on 31 March 2022 - 05:50 AM, said:

Posted Image

This is BULLSH.... ARK! I love it. Want. they could even release the same chassis with both IS and Clan variants, given its origin.

Dooooo it, PGI, doooooo it! Posted Image

Edited by ScrapIron Prime, 31 March 2022 - 06:07 AM.

#52 1453 R

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,568 posts

Posted 31 March 2022 - 06:18 AM

Being fair, if Piranha had the wherewithal to code in and implement the Bull Shark's artillery cannon we wouldn't be in the situation at hand in the first place. And without the artillery cannon the Bull Shark is a big dakka assault of the sort we have several of already, if an admittedly awesome and high-caliber variation of it.

But yes. 'Mechs with 'Mech-portable artillery would indeed change things. I can imagine a majority of the userbase would not like the change, given the perpetual kvetching and whining about LRMs as it is.

#53 Lumovanis

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 26 posts

Posted 31 March 2022 - 06:25 AM

Ironically the people that would whine the most would be the pop tarts and LRM potatoes because having that artillery cannon to punish them in their cover would be crippling for them, even with artillery ammo weighing as much as it does (or having the limited built-in ammo).

#54 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,141 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 31 March 2022 - 07:13 AM

Oopsie.
Posted Image

#55 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,880 posts

Posted 31 March 2022 - 07:13 AM

They don’t need to make an artillery cannon. They just need to quirk the mech so that it gets +1 or +2 bonus Arty strike consumable slots. Then it doesn’t even take up tonnage!

#56 1453 R

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,568 posts

Posted 31 March 2022 - 07:15 AM

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 31 March 2022 - 07:13 AM, said:

[Mentions consumables and making an entire 'Mech chassis reliant on them.]

Posted Image

#57 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,880 posts

Posted 31 March 2022 - 07:20 AM

Well to be fair, that's what the mech mortar DOES, it launches arty shells. No other mech pays tonnage for this, so why would the BullShark?

#58 1453 R

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,568 posts

Posted 31 March 2022 - 07:45 AM

Mostly? I have Opinions on the idea of forcing players to spend 400k C-bills every single god damned match restocking what most of the playerbase considers to be Necessary Equipment. The game is already notoriously opaque and impenetrable to new players - how much more so when everybody says their entire match earnings have to go to restocking 16+ friggin' crap-donkey deployables every single match or get dunked on by literally everybody? Isn't the first piece of advice everybody always gives new players "Allocate every last single point in the Auxilliary skill tree and make sure to bring every last consumable you remotely can or you're playing MWO wrong, because deployables are better than guns and you should feel bad for shooting instead of dropping arty fifteen times a game"?

I absoplutely detest the combat consumables system in MWO. Always have, always will. Which is a discussion for another time I suppose, but if the Bull Shark's whole thing was "you can carry more arty!" it would be infinitely disappointing.

#59 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,880 posts

Posted 31 March 2022 - 08:35 AM

View Post1453 R, on 31 March 2022 - 07:45 AM, said:

Mostly? I have Opinions on the idea of forcing players to spend 400k C-bills every single god damned match restocking what most of the playerbase considers to be Necessary Equipment. The game is already notoriously opaque and impenetrable to new players - how much more so when everybody says their entire match earnings have to go to restocking 16+ friggin' crap-donkey deployables every single match or get dunked on by literally everybody? Isn't the first piece of advice everybody always gives new players "Allocate every last single point in the Auxilliary skill tree and make sure to bring every last consumable you remotely can or you're playing MWO wrong, because deployables are better than guns and you should feel bad for shooting instead of dropping arty fifteen times a game"?

I absoplutely detest the combat consumables system in MWO. Always have, always will. Which is a discussion for another time I suppose, but if the Bull Shark's whole thing was "you can carry more arty!" it would be infinitely disappointing.

You're not wrong. Consumables are a cBill sink. (Or MC sink, but I don't know anyone who does.)

But if the Bull Shark uses arty strikes as its equipment, then the consumable framework is the way to reproduce that. Shoring up the consumable system is another topic altogether.

#60 Lumovanis

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 26 posts

Posted 31 March 2022 - 08:49 AM

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 31 March 2022 - 07:20 AM, said:

Well to be fair, that's what the mech mortar DOES, it launches arty shells. No other mech pays tonnage for this, so why would the BullShark?

Well to be fair, other mechs are just dropping the signal for artillery, whereas the Bullshark IS the artillery. I don't think adding arty uses is good though. I could see it having normal artillery ammo weight and each shell acting like the individual arty shells though.

They will never do that though because the mech belongs to a different company and the artillery would require programming for aiming at the very least (arc-based aim like mortars in some of the FPS games, or some such) which we know isn't happening this late.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users