8 Vs 8 Vs 8

Gameplay

6 replies to this topic

#1 EPJ

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 31 March 2022 - 03:10 PM

Was thinking about the 8vs8 that they did. How everyone has now had a taste for it. still some didn't care for it. At first I was not feeling it, but by the end of it I was enjoying it.

After this game mode test they did I saw some people sad to see 12vs12 back and even a few that for some reason wanted 16 vs 16.

I feel that that would just make the problems of 12vs12 even more apparent. The problem being lack of communication or herd mentality. or with 16 vs 16 to many people trying to talk at the same time.

I feel that a more logical way to go would be 3 teams of 8. This way its still smaller groups that can more effectively work together wile still having the same number of players as 12vs12.

This also could put a stop to totato potato game play. If one team chooses to not rotate but the other 2 do, the one in the middle will have a bad time. With a few games like this I could see rotation to slowly stop or at least be done in a more careful manner.

Now I would like to pass the question off to each of my fellow Mech Warriors. what do you think about this? Don't like the idea? Like it?Please share why. Thank you for taking the time to read my post.

Edited by EPJ, 31 March 2022 - 03:22 PM.

#2 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,069 posts

Posted 31 March 2022 - 03:38 PM

i kind of wanted a last lance standing mode for solaris. you would have 6 whole lances fighting each other, which i figured would be more dynamic and better suited to a team game than solo ffa. i think the problem is having more than 2 teams is considered hard, but i think thats just an excuse. idk how hard it is to say these players are on t1, these are on t2, etc, you need to track sensor data for multiple teams, have hud colors. just stick that all in a struct and array it as many times as needed.

Edited by LordNothing, 31 March 2022 - 03:40 PM.

#3 EPJ

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 31 March 2022 - 03:48 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 31 March 2022 - 03:38 PM, said:

i kind of wanted a last lance standing mode for solaris. you would have 6 whole lances fighting each other, which i figured would be more dynamic and better suited to a team game than solo ffa. i think the problem is having more than 2 teams is considered hard, but i think thats just an excuse. idk how hard it is to say these players are on t1, these are on t2, etc, you need to track sensor data for multiple teams, have hud colors. just stick that all in a struct and array it as many times as needed.

I would welcome the change of having more smaller teams. They could test it for a week like they did with 8vs8

#4 Kanil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 31 March 2022 - 04:34 PM

That we don't have S7 FFA makes me believe the claim that the game isn't designed to support more than two teams.

So yeah, this would probably require more coding than is ever going to happen.

The maps being designed for two teams and FFAs encouraging hiding would also be problems... but again, I doubt this is possible even if we all thought it was a great idea.

#5 pbiggz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,686 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 31 March 2022 - 08:25 PM

generally, expect any change that requires engineering time to not happen.

#6 JudauAshta

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 264 posts

Posted 31 March 2022 - 09:20 PM

yup i love getting rekt by premade tryhards and unfavorable tonnage mm

really enables great gameplay and is super fun!!
thats quality i expect from genius overlords at pgi

#7 Armchair General

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • 95 posts

Posted 02 April 2022 - 05:14 AM

Moved to feature suggestion

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users