Queue Timer Keeps Reseting

4 replies to this topic

#1 Reltub

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 31 March 2022 - 03:58 PM

I have spent up to an hour waiting to launch a match and the 2 minute timer keeps resetting.

#2 Jeff on a Buffalo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 120 posts

Posted 31 March 2022 - 04:08 PM

/me is unsure what the problem is since that is how the timer always worked.
In all seriousness, if you are trying to drop solo in FW, the que needs to reach 12 per side and then you might get a match. The que prioritizes groups over solo players in FW.

#3 Reltub

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 01 April 2022 - 12:13 AM

View PostJeff on a Buffalo, on 31 March 2022 - 04:08 PM, said:

/me is unsure what the problem is since that is how the timer always worked.
In all seriousness, if you are trying to drop solo in FW, the que needs to reach 12 per side and then you might get a match. The que prioritizes groups over solo players in FW.
never knew this, thank you

#4 Sawscale

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationTerra

Posted 02 April 2022 - 10:14 AM

eg. Faction queue displays 13/9, you join. = 13/14. all of a sudden it goes to 13/12, and the timer resets, and now the Q is 1/2.

The timer is resetting, imo as far as i can tell, because you got bumped so the matchmaker can place the larger groups vs. the larger groups. If that IS the case then its most likely to be easier on the players base and not let big pre-mades bash on the solo players. There very well could be some messed up thing that is happening; although since my first account I have witnessed the Q in FP doing this. Probably intentional; most likely favoring groups over solos.

#5 Jugger Grimrod

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General III
  • General III
  • 262 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAddicks, Fed Suns

Posted 04 April 2022 - 04:19 PM

Yes, the Faction queue will always give priority to Groups over Solos. It's not a mode intended for Solo players. It was designed for well-coordinated 12-man teams to fight other well-coordinated 12-man teams. "Skittles" (groups of mix-tagged Solo players) have been the food for uniform 12-mans since the game mode first launched. So, if you want a good clubbing, dropping Solo in Faction is a good way to get it. I recommend joining a good Faction Warfare unit and learn from them how to best survive the game mode. That's when it gets fun!

Edited by Jugger Grimrod, 05 April 2022 - 10:00 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users