Patch Notes - 1.4.253.0 - 19-April-2022

60 replies to this topic

#21 RockmachinE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 19 April 2022 - 04:11 AM

Why would you increase Myst Lynx MG ROF? These things are as annoying as it gets, now they have been made much worse. Why do this?

#22 IronWolfPack64

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 269 posts

Posted 19 April 2022 - 04:46 AM

We going to be able to order those platinum mechs soon?

#23 jamesbombed00420

• PipPip
  • CS 2021 Bronze Champ
  • CS 2021 Bronze Champ
  • 43 posts

Posted 19 April 2022 - 05:08 AM

I think its dumb that the mist lynx is being nerfed, it never was OP.

#24 RockmachinE

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 19 April 2022 - 05:13 AM

How is it being nerfed?

#25 jamesbombed00420

• PipPip
  • CS 2021 Bronze Champ
  • CS 2021 Bronze Champ
  • 43 posts

Posted 19 April 2022 - 05:16 AM

MG ROF reduced for everything other than sets of 8 with only 2. thats a pretty big nerf.

#26 Staude Coston

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • 277 posts

Posted 19 April 2022 - 05:28 AM

Double Heat Sink IS 7,5 -> 10 HP !!!
Clan ?????

#27 mechwarrior420swag

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 19 April 2022 - 06:58 AM

oh man a black knight...toobad that mechs terrible.

Edited by mechwarrior420swag, 19 April 2022 - 06:58 AM.

#28 Armsracer

• PipPip
  • The Juggernaut
  • The Juggernaut
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 April 2022 - 07:19 AM

I dislike the rise in weapon health. Crit seeking weapons already had a tight window to disable weapons before the part gets blown off. LBX has a hard time finding a niche where they shine.

#29 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 19 April 2022 - 07:35 AM

View PostHeavy Money, on 18 April 2022 - 06:57 PM, said:

Well that's a hot new take. So you're complaining that more of the counter to the most complained about mechanic in the game is being handed out, and you don't like it because you want to do worse. Got it.

You can get Target Decay from skills and it stacks with target decay quirks. You can cancel radar dep out easily.

The suggestion that a mechanic that does nothing if you look at your target makes LRMs 100% impossible to use is also incredibly bold Posted Image

You must not use LRMs often, then. A few points to consider:

Radar Dep and Target Decay do not balance. Radar Dep completely overpowers Target Decay, both skills and default, and negates all of it in one fell swoop. If you have 100% Radar Dep and I have 100% Target Decay, I will lose lock on you instantly when you pass behind a small tree, and will be forced to restart lock acquisition from the top, turning a 4 second process into a 10, 20, or infinite process, depending what you're passing behind. (Invisible terrain also works to break target locks, meaning I can lose you even when I can still see you, and you can possibly still hit me with an off-axis weapon).

If I DO manage to acquire a lock and get missiles out of their tubes, they still travel slowly, giving you the opportunity to pass behind said trees or teammates, break the lock (even momentarily) at which point it is generally impossible to reacquire the lock in time for the missiles to turn and still hit.

If the missiles launch before a lock is acquired, I cannot achieve a lock in-flight and guide them to a target. If they dead-fire, they're dead until impact.

So yes, Radar Deprivation is an extremely overpowered mechanic (especially in that it is NOT canceled by Target Decay in any way, shape, or form), and it irritates me that it is being quirked onto 'mechs, encouraging pushing it to 100% power with even less cost.

#30 JOATMON Incorporated

• PipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 90 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 19 April 2022 - 09:24 AM

Overall this looks rather interesting

I love the selection of mechs for Clan Plat 02. Mad IIB and Novacat IIB were perfect choices for the chosen chassis. For the IS Plat 02, I appreciate the Crab SL selection. Beware the jumping crabs!

I am very curious to see how the increased health on weapons/equipment is going to impact gameplay. This seems like it will have minimal direct impact on light mechs, but assault mechs might be getting slight buff out of this. I look forward to seeing how this plays out over time.

Regarding the mech perk tweaks, overall I like what I am seeing. Mechs are mostly getting a bit more flexible in their build options. It also looks like a few omni pods are getting bonuses pushed into SO8 bonuses. In these cases it mainly looks like its being done to kneecap boating a bit, so that is just fine as well. I just have 2 comments regarding perks at this point.

1. PLEASE try to make sure that every Omni CT has some perk that makes it unique. It doesn't have to be a huge perk. It doesn't even need to be an additional perk. Simply take a perk from the S08, and put a fraction of one of the S08 perks onto the CT and leave the rest of that perk in the S08. Example: 10% range or velocity SO8 perk; change it to a 5% SO8 and 5% on CT. It shouldn't be overall game changing, but it allows each omni CT to retain some unique function in builds.

2. The Archer perks. This isn't the first time the archer has been through the perk pass wringer. Each time the archer overall gets a bit better. (The instant opening of the missile hatches was a huge boost!) Sadly, each time the main perk that would help it most is missed. Range. Naturally not every archer should get a range bump but the traditional LRM centric ones such as 2R and 5W should be able to go long range vs catapults.

These two points aside, I liked the rest of what I generally saw for perk tweaks!

#31 Clay Endfield

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 172 posts

Posted 19 April 2022 - 09:52 AM

Holiday Sale/Event, and monthly free mech when?

#32 Agent Super Chicken

• PipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • 70 posts

Posted 19 April 2022 - 09:59 AM

I'm bummed that EBJ-B is losing a bit of what makes it special, with all the downsides to that mech, but I'll see how the plan shakes out.

#33 GaelicWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 150 posts
  • LocationStuck somewhere between a Fantasy and Reality

Posted 19 April 2022 - 10:03 AM

Even though it is A year old. This is one of the best reviews and suggestions I've seen yet

#34 Clay Endfield

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 172 posts

Posted 19 April 2022 - 10:04 AM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 19 April 2022 - 07:35 AM, said:

You must not use LRMs often, then. A few points to consider:

Radar Dep and Target Decay do not balance. Radar Dep completely overpowers Target Decay, both skills and default, and negates all of it in one fell swoop. If you have 100% Radar Dep and I have 100% Target Decay, I will lose lock on you instantly when you pass behind a small tree, and will be forced to restart lock acquisition from the top, turning a 4 second process into a 10, 20, or infinite process, depending what you're passing behind. (Invisible terrain also works to break target locks, meaning I can lose you even when I can still see you, and you can possibly still hit me with an off-axis weapon).

If I DO manage to acquire a lock and get missiles out of their tubes, they still travel slowly, giving you the opportunity to pass behind said trees or teammates, break the lock (even momentarily) at which point it is generally impossible to reacquire the lock in time for the missiles to turn and still hit.

If the missiles launch before a lock is acquired, I cannot achieve a lock in-flight and guide them to a target. If they dead-fire, they're dead until impact.

So yes, Radar Deprivation is an extremely overpowered mechanic (especially in that it is NOT canceled by Target Decay in any way, shape, or form), and it irritates me that it is being quirked onto 'mechs, encouraging pushing it to 100% power with even less cost.

Thank god for Radar Dep, ECM, and AMS. if we didn't have a bunch of passive means to defend against LRMs, this game would be nothing but LRM boats. As many nerfs to LRMs as possible please.

It's funny, you refuse to use Radar Dep because you think it's dishonorable, while myself and so many others refuse to use LRMs because we see it as dishonorable.

#35 Staude Coston

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • 277 posts

Posted 19 April 2022 - 11:26 AM

WVR buff

the mech was already good, no gets one more on it as was to be expected IS buff

#36 Stargazzer811

• PipPipPip
  • The Moonwalker
  • The Moonwalker
  • 97 posts
  • LocationAn experimental SLDF McKenna class Battleship, waiting for Clan Nova Cat to return to the Inner Sphere in 3160

Posted 19 April 2022 - 01:47 PM

View PostClay Endfield, on 19 April 2022 - 10:04 AM, said:

Thank god for Radar Dep, ECM, and AMS. if we didn't have a bunch of passive means to defend against LRMs, this game would be nothing but LRM boats. As many nerfs to LRMs as possible please.

It's funny, you refuse to use Radar Dep because you think it's dishonorable, while myself and so many others refuse to use LRMs because we see it as dishonorable.

Except, they aren't, though. Like any other weapon LRM's are a tool to be used. They exist for a reason and should be used for that reason. As you pointed out there are many counters to them, and they are widely available, so there are means to defeat them. But dishonorable? Not even a little. Fire Support is a critical part of any military action, and LRM's provide this on the battlefield, without needing air cover or an artillery battery on call. If LRM's are dishonorable then artillery and air strikes must be too, if we go by your reasoning.

You see my point, I trust?

#37 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

View PostClay Endfield, on 19 April 2022 - 10:04 AM, said:

I use stock 'mechs, some of which equip LRMs as an option when circumstances call for it, to include such sizes as a single LRM 10 on a Dire Wolf or Warhawk, and a single LRM 20 on an Atlas, all the way up to 4x ALRM20 on the Night Gyr and 6x LRM 15 on the Nova Cat, and everything in between. I find a flexible loadout to be significantly more enjoyable than anything pigeon-holed into a single role, because I get to participate on a dynamic battlefield, rather than hiding in a hole "waiting my turn" or having nothing to fall back on when flanked, etc.

#38 Heavy Money

• The Marauder
  • 1,275 posts

View PostC337Skymaster, on 19 April 2022 - 07:35 AM, said:

You must not use LRMs often, then...

I run LRMs regularly in T1. In high tiers, you don't really expect to get and hold indirect locks at all between radar dep and ECM. And even if you do, you're unlikely to have much in the way of indirect fire land anyway because people know how to use cover more.

You seem to think that LRMs are supposed to work reliably when indirect firing or not properly holding a bead on a target. Why do you think this in the first place? You've made a giant assumption, and now you think something is broken because it doesn't match your assumption.

LRMs work just fine when you hold a target with TAG. Sure, fast light mechs are hard to hold that on and hard to land a volley on. They are also hard to hit with direct fire weapons. Its still easier to tag and LRM a flea at long range than it is to land most projectiles on them, even with the constant lock breaking.

LRMs also work just fine when you have team mates who hold a lock, or you use the other tools at your disposal like TAG, NARC, and UAVs. If you want to get indirect fire free damage, you gotta work for it. And you should, because it is very powerful.

Radar Dep is strong, but the targets that you should focus on with LRMs aren't a problem with it. Big assaults are easy to keep locks on even with it because they are slow, and their size means they don't break locks constantly from small bits of cover like you described.

Now, LRMs have plenty of issues and the whole lockon mechanic needs overhauling. They are often annoying to play becomes sometimes you're against a team with lots of ECM and AMS and sometimes you're not, so the experience is unreliable. But that's not specifically a radar dep issue. The issue you have is based on your made up expectations, not the reality of the game. I wouldn't mind if radar dep wasn't quite as strong or there was some tuning between radar dep and target decay. But the idea that this is ruining LRMs is simply not true, and the criteria you've chosen to judge LRMs as ruined is arbitrary.

#39 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 19 April 2022 - 01:49 PM

View PostHeavy Money, on 19 April 2022 - 01:47 PM, said:

I run LRMs regularly in T1. In high tiers, you don't really expect to get and hold indirect locks at all between radar dep and ECM. And even if you do, you're unlikely to have much in the way of indirect fire land anyway because people know how to use cover more.

You seem to think that LRMs are supposed to work reliably when indirect firing or not properly holding a bead on a target. Why do you think this in the first place? You've made a giant assumption, and now you think something is broken because it doesn't match your assumption.

LRMs work just fine when you hold a target with TAG. Sure, fast light mechs are hard to hold that on and hard to land a volley on. They are also hard to hit with direct fire weapons. Its still easier to tag and LRM a flea at long range than it is to land most projectiles on them, even with the constant lock breaking.

LRMs also work just fine when you have team mates who hold a lock, or you use the other tools at your disposal like TAG, NARC, and UAVs. If you want to get indirect fire free damage, you gotta work for it. And you should, because it is very powerful.

Radar Dep is strong, but the targets that you should focus on with LRMs aren't a problem with it. Big assaults are easy to keep locks on even with it because they are slow, and their size means they don't break locks constantly from small bits of cover like you described.

Now, LRMs have plenty of issues and the whole lockon mechanic needs overhauling. They are often annoying to play becomes sometimes you're against a team with lots of ECM and AMS and sometimes you're not, so the experience is unreliable. But that's not specifically a radar dep issue. The issue you have is based on your made up expectations, not the reality of the game. I wouldn't mind if radar dep wasn't quite as strong or there was some tuning between radar dep and target decay. But the idea that this is ruining LRMs is simply not true, and the criteria you've chosen to judge LRMs as ruined is arbitrary.

You seem to have misunderstood my examples: everything I cited was from a direct-fire point of view. Having one's target "go behind a tree or invisible wall" and such is a first-person issue.

#40 Heavy Money

• The Marauder
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 19 April 2022 - 02:32 PM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 19 April 2022 - 01:49 PM, said:

You seem to have misunderstood my examples: everything I cited was from a direct-fire point of view. Having one's target "go behind a tree or invisible wall" and such is a first-person issue.

Wow guy, what happens when you're using any other weapon and someone runs behind something Posted Image

Again, why do you think this should be behaving differently than it does? You've made up some arbitrary way you think its supposed to act, and you're mad that it doesn't act that way.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users