#41 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 19 April 2022 - 04:30 PM

View PostHeavy Money, on 19 April 2022 - 02:32 PM, said:

Wow guy, what happens when you're using any other weapon and someone runs behind something Posted Image

Again, why do you think this should be behaving differently than it does? You've made up some arbitrary way you think its supposed to act, and you're mad that it doesn't act that way.

Projectile speed. Lock time. You can't snap off a shot with LRMs like you can with non-lockons. It takes time to lock a target, and more time for the missiles to fly to the target. Then it doesn't take ANY time to lose all that lockon progress when a Radar Dep 'mech passes behind any little twig. As I already stated: even if you got the lock and got the missiles in the air, if your target goes behind an invisible wall, you lose the lock and the missiles track straight at wherever they were last pointed, and will usually impact before you can get another lock. LRMs take time to use correctly, time which other weapons don't require. Radar Dep robs the other user of that time with no recourse on their own part. Even Target Decay doesn't affect that robbery of time.

#42 ArmChairExpert

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 April 2022 - 04:36 PM

Why is AMS showing up in the weapon group but greyed out?

#43 Khalcruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Steiner
  • Hero of Steiner
  • 808 posts
  • LocationYou gotta lose your mind in Detroit! Rock City!

Posted 19 April 2022 - 05:10 PM

Gee, clan weapons get stupidly higher increases than IS weapons. Seems legit.

#44 sinba1ew

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 19 April 2022 - 06:44 PM

View PostKhalcruth, on 19 April 2022 - 05:10 PM, said:

Yeah, I agree.... these increases are pretty ridiculous...

Let's be honest here, clan oftentimes can afford to have more weapon systems in the first pleace and they do tend to be smaller

Being smaller is crutial here as it affects chance to recive critical hit in particular element.

Example

IS ER-LL
11hp/2crit=5.5hp per crit slot

Clan ER-LL
9hp/1crit=9hp per crit slot

So clan has about 63% more survival against crits on their laser.... This is just insulting now

The thing is, that assuming You critpad You have massivly higher chances to hit bigger components (oftentimes IS has much bigger components)

so for example (assuming critpad was done all the way, meaning all other space isi taken in RT
Clan has 9/12 chance to recive crit into their LBX20
IS has 11/12 chance to recive crit into their LBX20

And with energy weapons it is getting just ridiculous

One of worst cases is Heavy PPC (15 damage/4 slots/15hp)
compared against C_ERPPC (10+2*2.5 (15 total) damage / 2 slots / 11hp)

So...in same 4 slots clan can have 22hp for 2 ppc's for just 2 tons more..... (12 tons against 10)

TLDR? here's a short version
Clan gets way more HP per Crit space this way, meaning they wil end up haing their weapon systems significantly longer in the end

#45 Heavy Money

• The Marauder
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 19 April 2022 - 10:11 PM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 19 April 2022 - 04:30 PM, said:

Projectile speed. Lock time. You can't snap off a shot with LRMs like you can with non-lockons. It takes time to lock a target, and more time for the missiles to fly to the target. Then it doesn't take ANY time to lose all that lockon progress when a Radar Dep 'mech passes behind any little twig. As I already stated: even if you got the lock and got the missiles in the air, if your target goes behind an invisible wall, you lose the lock and the missiles track straight at wherever they were last pointed, and will usually impact before you can get another lock. LRMs take time to use correctly, time which other weapons don't require. Radar Dep robs the other user of that time with no recourse on their own part. Even Target Decay doesn't affect that robbery of time.

Yes. All of that is the price you pay for not needing to aim, and for indirect fire. You are not being robbed because you didn't own whatever you are losing in the first place. Again, you are assuming that things are supposed to be a certain way and thus think there is a problem when they aren't. But lock problems are precisely the intended downside of LRMs.

If you don't want the problems of needing locks, use MRMs.

#46 jamesbombed00420

• PipPip
  • CS 2021 Bronze Champ
  • CS 2021 Bronze Champ
  • 43 posts

Posted 20 April 2022 - 07:29 AM

Lets all be honest for a second, ER large is by far and away the most meta weapon system in the game currently. Any nerfs to weapon systems/mechs that are not ER large is increasing this gap further. The mist lynx should not be nerfed because it is a usable counter against ER large. Please consider this and fix this.

#47 Albert C

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 April 2022 - 06:24 PM

View Postjamesbombed00420, on 20 April 2022 - 07:29 AM, said:

Lets all be honest for a second, ER large is by far and away the most meta weapon system in the game currently. Any nerfs to weapon systems/mechs that are not ER large is increasing this gap further. The mist lynx should not be nerfed because it is a usable counter against ER large. Please consider this and fix this.

IMO both ERLL and mg gods need nerfing. ERLL was nerfed in the previous patch while MLX is nerfed now. Tho imo it's the HSL and heat quirk on certain platforms that need nerfing more.

#48 Sawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 402 posts

Posted 21 April 2022 - 05:44 PM

hmm join the club that use's large lazers, you nut you path that works and you get all MOODY shame on you.

SAWK I LOVE LAZER VOMIT

#49 Staude Coston

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • 277 posts

Posted 22 April 2022 - 09:14 AM

View PostKhalcruth, on 19 April 2022 - 05:10 PM, said:

legit is too

IS DV-FR 8x Missel Slot
Quirks off Weapons 10% Velo, 10 % Heat
Quirks off CT+ 10, LT RT +5 , RA LA +18
8x Streak 2 34 DMG

Clan HMN-PA 8x Missel Slot
Weapons Quirks NO ???
Quirks of CT,LT,RT,LA,RA +5 ????
8x Streak 2 27 DMG ????

these are mech adaptations that make no sense and I can't understand them either this is just one example of adjustments between IS and Clan Mechs which certainly do not serve the balance

#50 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 22 April 2022 - 11:24 AM

View PostHeavy Money, on 19 April 2022 - 10:11 PM, said:

Yes. All of that is the price you pay for not needing to aim, and for indirect fire. You are not being robbed because you didn't own whatever you are losing in the first place. Again, you are assuming that things are supposed to be a certain way and thus think there is a problem when they aren't. But lock problems are precisely the intended downside of LRMs.

You say "no need to aim", but lock-ons often require more precise targeting than anything else due to the severely constricted lock cone. Admittedly, this is a much bigger problem with Streaks, but it can still be an issue with LRMs.

Clans don't have MRMs.

#51 Enamillion89

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • 49 posts

Posted 22 April 2022 - 04:07 PM

So, is THIS why almost everyone on MWO and other mech games. Say “Dirty Clanner” and “Clanner Scum” (light heartedly) to me in game? I’m a Nova Cat Clanner. Or we’ll…. Ex since they got eliminated. Now I’m a Northwind Highlander that likes Nova Cat Battlemechs. D:

#52 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,412 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 22 April 2022 - 05:28 PM

Feedback to MWO: DWF-UV CT should read "-5% Heat Gen" instead.
Surely the Hero mech DWF-UV CT should be better than a Standard Varient CT, right?

==>Dire Wolf DWF-UV Center Torso bonus should be:
-2.5% Heat Gen ==> Should be -5% Heat Gen ?
Also has: +10% Weapon Velocity

==>DWF-A Standard Variant has:
-5% Heat Gen
Also has: +10% Weapon Velocity

Edited by w0qj, 22 April 2022 - 05:29 PM.

#53 13Tradesman

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 42 posts

Posted 23 April 2022 - 12:55 PM

I know this is NOT listed in the April patch notes...but I am fairly certain the game was given an across the board "optimization pass". While I appreciate the effort and improvement to FPS/reduction in stuttering...I think it is going a bit too far at the moment.

I regularly now see visual anomalies much more than before. Shadows that shift/disappear when turning, ground textures blurring at low to mid-range and textures that pop-in as you approach...water reflections that switch and 'twitch' between no detail to high detail. The worst part from a gameplay perspective are longer range large terrain areas like hills or tourmaline crystals that are invisible that only appear as you get closer. Objects and even some buildings also seem to have more pop-in now. I can certainly provide photos to back this up if need be.

I would suggest either reverting to the previous settings or finding a compromise/middle ground between the previous settings and the current ones. Frankly, it is starting to make the game look a bit ugly and glitchy.

Please focus on map level optimizations rather than game-wide changes. We all know the problem maps...viridian bog, solaris city, terra therma, etc.

Thank you for reading.

Edited by 13Tradesman, 23 April 2022 - 12:55 PM.

#54 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 26 April 2022 - 07:17 AM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 18 April 2022 - 06:18 PM, said:

Yes, but 100% Radar Dep is OP, and those couple skill points make the difference between LRMs being usable, but difficult, to 100% impossible without a dozen NARC beacons to shut down all the overlapping ECM.

I take 0% Radar Dep on principle, and I'm being "given" more than I wanted in the first place. It's honestly irritating.

Usage of LURM should be discouraged anyways so all good there! Posted Image

View PostC337Skymaster, on 19 April 2022 - 07:35 AM, said:

You must not use LRMs often, then.

I never do since we have those totally awesome MRM beauties! Posted Image

View PostJOATMON Incorporated, on 19 April 2022 - 09:24 AM, said:

Naturally not every archer should get a range bump but the traditional LRM centric ones such as 2R and 5W should be able to go long range vs catapults.

ARC-2R is basically the Tempest Hero without ECM and works just fine with 2 x MRM 20 or 30 depending on your Medium/Small Laser wishes! Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

View PostClay Endfield, on 19 April 2022 - 10:04 AM, said:

Thank god for Radar Dep, ECM, and AMS. if we didn't have a bunch of passive means to defend against LRMs, this game would be nothing but LRM boats. As many nerfs to LRMs as possible please.

AMEN! Posted Image

It's funny, you refuse to use Radar Dep because you think it's dishonorable, while myself and so many others refuse to use LRMs because we see it as dishonorable.

+1 Posted Image

View PostHeavy Money, on 19 April 2022 - 10:11 PM, said:

You should ALWAYS use MRMs Posted Image

View PostC337Skymaster, on 22 April 2022 - 11:24 AM, said:

Clans don't have MRMs.

But they do have LRM that can be used as MRM more or less and the SRMs have always been there... Posted Image

Lately the idea of a "Light Mech Hunter" with BAP+TAG+Streaks+PPC has grown my attention and can be a lot of fun too! Posted Image

#55 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 26 April 2022 - 12:23 PM

View PostRoodkapje, on 26 April 2022 - 07:17 AM, said:

View PostClay Endfield, on 19 April 2022 - 10:04 AM, said:

It's funny, you refuse to use Radar Dep because you think it's dishonorable, while myself and so many others refuse to use LRMs because we see it as dishonorable.

AMEN! Posted Image

View PostAvalon91211, on 19 April 2022 - 01:47 PM, said:

Except, they aren't, though. Like any other weapon LRM's are a tool to be used. They exist for a reason and should be used for that reason. As you pointed out there are many counters to them, and they are widely available, so there are means to defeat them. But dishonorable? Not even a little. Fire Support is a critical part of any military action, and LRM's provide this on the battlefield, without needing air cover or an artillery battery on call. If LRM's are dishonorable then artillery and air strikes must be too, if we go by your reasoning.

You see my point, I trust?

You should ALWAYS use MRMs Posted Image

View PostC337Skymaster, on 22 April 2022 - 11:24 AM, said:

Clans don't have MRMs.

But they do have LRM that can be used as MRM more or less and the SRMs have always been there... Posted Image

When's the last time you tried to dumb-fire Clan LRMs? They may stream similar to MRMs, but they do not have the projectile velocity or flight path necessary to make that work correctly, and are extremely easy to dodge, or will arc upwards above the head of the target if you're leading against a much greater distant backdrop.

View PostRoodkapje, on 26 April 2022 - 07:17 AM, said:

Lately the idea of a "Light Mech Hunter" with BAP+TAG+Streaks+PPC has grown my attention and can be a lot of fun too! Posted Image

So if that's your setup, you're doing it wrong. You only need the PPCs with the streaks. You can forget about the rest of that stuff if you have two or three PPCs. Chain your PPCs into everyone with ECM, and streak away to your hearts content. PPCs will even take care of Stealth Armor. Good luck using TAG for that!

Edited by C337Skymaster, 26 April 2022 - 12:23 PM.

#56 Kodan Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 375 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts, USA

Posted 26 April 2022 - 01:00 PM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 26 April 2022 - 12:23 PM, said:

PPCs will even take care of Stealth Armor. Good luck using TAG for that!

Counter Point: TAG is a red laser pointer I can use to amuse myself with while walking to the front.

#57 Staude Coston

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • 277 posts

Posted 27 April 2022 - 11:02 AM

Where are the 265 tons of weight on the clan side in the FP
120 tons more on one side ???
What is the reason for this ?

#58 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 28 April 2022 - 12:02 PM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 26 April 2022 - 12:23 PM, said:

When's the last time you tried to dumb-fire Clan LRMs? They may stream similar to MRMs, but they do not have the projectile velocity or flight path necessary to make that work correctly, and are extremely easy to dodge, or will arc upwards above the head of the target if you're leading against a much greater distant backdrop.

I never said they are just as good as MRMs ;) :D

So if that's your setup, you're doing it wrong. You only need the PPCs with the streaks. You can forget about the rest of that stuff if you have two or three PPCs. Chain your PPCs into everyone with ECM, and streak away to your hearts content. PPCs will even take care of Stealth Armor. Good luck using TAG for that!

One or Two Light PPC for my IS Mechs so far...

Probably 1 x ER PPC for the Clan Mechs in the future...

Don't need more than that because of the Heat ;)

Also :

View PostKodan Black, on 26 April 2022 - 01:00 PM, said:

Counter Point: TAG is a red laser pointer I can use to amuse myself with while walking to the front.

LOL! Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#59 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 10 May 2022 - 08:28 AM

View PostRoodkapje, on 28 April 2022 - 12:02 PM, said:

One or Two Light PPC for my IS Mechs so far...

Probably 1 x ER PPC for the Clan Mechs in the future...

Don't need more than that because of the Heat Posted Image

I generally find having a 2nd PPC helpful when I miss my shot with the first one.

#60 Staude Coston

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • 277 posts

Posted 09 June 2022 - 06:55 AM

what about the adjustment of clan heat sinks, thus all Clan Mech were nerfed with additional heat sinks at once

IS Heat Sinks 10 HP
Clan 4 HP

is this your take on mech balance?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users