• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,722 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 15 July 2022 - 01:37 PM

View PostCerulean Knight, on 15 July 2022 - 10:49 AM, said:

Oh, this is quite hilarious.

Essentially, he goes in to buy Twitter to make it "better" (presumably to make it more profitable). Now he's backing out because of an issue he was already aware of before even going into the deal. It's interesting to note that the tweet above seems to indicate either a deflection from the contract details or he just doesn't care (or both). It's almost as if the goal wasn't buying it in the first place.... curious.

He looks to have multiple goals at play here. One that isn't getting any reporting is that he was able to liquidate 8 billion in tesla stock with the SECs blessing for the deal. A deal that if he backs out of and wins the case that twitter was being fraudulent he now has 8 billion to invest any way he sees fit. Even if he loses the case he nets 7 billion after the 1 billion fine. This is money he wouldn't normally be able to use like this and you can do a lot with 7 billion free and clear.

4d chess indeed.. Posted Image

#23 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,743 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 15 July 2022 - 02:27 PM

been reading the filings, and I also noted the lawyer for twitter used to be the chief judge on the circuit the case is in. Plus only one person has ever, in the history of this court, gotten off like Musk is trying to.

I highly doubt he'll get out with just the 1B cancellation fee. I also highly doubt the court will force him to buy the company. More likely they'll reach a settlement out of court for more than 1B but much less than 44B.

EDIT... also, here's a fair summary by a mostly impartial party. It's 20 minutes long, tho. https://youtu.be/4ffKoZXt-BM

Edited by ScrapIron Prime, 15 July 2022 - 02:30 PM.

#24 Cerulean Knight

• PipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 89 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 22 July 2022 - 08:05 AM

Yeah, just to be clear, I think Musk is a bit of an *** in this whole ordeal. I doubt Twitter is even batting an eye about "the bots" being revealed in court. I do recommend viewing the video Scrapiron linked. I actually watched that before my previous post, so, yeah, Musk is certainly going to have to pay more than 1 billion. I know if I was Twitter I would be 100% going after him after this charade of his. I also wouldn't be surprised if the SEC does some investigating on this.

If I'm honest, I would be willing to bet the reason he even moved to buy Twitter was because someone pissed him off a few too many times on Twitter and he went to buy it to "own the libs" (as those in his position seem to like to do) and everything from that moment has been ad hoc.

#25 Meep Meep

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,722 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 22 July 2022 - 12:32 PM

This guy is always under legal attack from his enemies and is also a genius billionaire who owns several successful companies so he is more than familiar with the subject.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users