May-Hem Events And Sales

105 replies to this topic

#81 ArmChairExpert

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 May 2022 - 06:43 PM

Yeah, I don't think they applied the discount on the new variants, similar to the TBR-BH and DWF-C before. I think it was a visual bug where it seems the 50% sign is applied to these new variants when they are not discounted.

BTW I am just green merc not mod so don't quote me. I have not even played the solaris arena yet and only played the faction play once. QP all the way atm.

#82 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 14 May 2022 - 12:08 AM

View PostArmChairExpert, on 13 May 2022 - 06:43 PM, said:

I have not even played the solaris arena yet

Well, the next eleven days are your last chance to do so before it's removed and replaced with the event queue

#83 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 14 May 2022 - 03:21 AM

View PostArmChairExpert, on 13 May 2022 - 06:43 PM, said:

I have not even played the solaris arena yet

View PostHorseman, on 14 May 2022 - 12:08 AM, said:

Well, the next eleven days are your last chance to do so before it's removed and replaced with the event queue

That's only IF the new Event Queue Module is actually ready for distribution. It would not be right for them to release something something like that while being too far less than reasonably polished. At least, that's my opinion anyway. :(

~D. V. "thinking Solaris may be around longer if the Event Queue Module does not get better than it is now" Devnull

#84 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 14 May 2022 - 06:25 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 14 May 2022 - 03:21 AM, said:

That's only IF the new Event Queue Module is actually ready for distribution.
Ready enough to be part of the PTS.

It would not be right for them to release something something like that while being too far less than reasonably polished. At least, that's my opinion anyway. Posted Image
The Skill Tree would like a word about that, I think.

#85 Red Wraith AI

Rookie

• The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 May 2022 - 01:50 AM

I seem to be having issues claiming any of the rewards. When I redeem a challenge I don't seem to be receiving any of the items. Is there a delay or something for when we receive them?

#86 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 16 May 2022 - 02:25 AM

View PostHorseman, on 14 May 2022 - 06:25 AM, said:

Yes... but I was talking about it being ready for prime time and Live Game distribution... a major difference there, and one that I guess needed my being a little more verbose since the other part of my post did not get a proper proofread before I put it up with a word typed twice. *facedesk* -_-

View PostRed Wraith AI, on 16 May 2022 - 01:50 AM, said:

I seem to be having issues claiming any of the rewards. When I redeem a challenge I don't seem to be receiving any of the items. Is there a delay or something for when we receive them?

Did you attempt to do the Redeem (or Claim) through the Website Tracker or the In-Game Event Browser when you pressed the button? :o

~D. V. "a little mind-split between the PTS and the MW May-Hem Event here" Devnull

#87 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 16 May 2022 - 12:14 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 16 May 2022 - 02:25 AM, said:

Yes... but I was talking about it being ready for prime time and Live Game distribution... a major difference there, and one that I guess needed my being a little more verbose since the other part of my post did not get a proper proofread before I put it up with a word typed twice. *facedesk* Posted Image

You know as well as I do that it takes SEVERE negative reaction for PGI to backtrack on something that made it to PTS and is more than an XML value change.

#88 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 16 May 2022 - 01:15 PM

View PostHorseman, on 16 May 2022 - 12:14 PM, said:

You know as well as I do that it takes SEVERE negative reaction for PGI to backtrack on something that made it to PTS and is more than an XML value change.

Well then... I suppose we shall both be heating up some tasty popcorn or other snack, pulling out some sugary drinks, and getting ready to watch the fireworks... right? :)

In the meantime, we should get back to the topic of this thread... I'm still wondering who left the (C-Bills) Price of the UM-R80 & VPR-F both undiscounted even though it says they're supposed to be 50% Off right now. This caused me to skip some extra in-game purchases because nobody in their right mind should be hoodwinked by an erroneous bad price display. :(

~D. V. "trying to push May-Hem Events & Sales conversation back in the right direction" Devnull

#89 T B Kind

• PipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 50 posts

Posted 16 May 2022 - 02:15 PM

Am I missing it? The skins are gone. :(

#90 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 16 May 2022 - 02:43 PM

View PostT B Kind, on 16 May 2022 - 02:15 PM, said:

Am I missing it? The skins are gone. Posted Image

I'm sorry to say, but you're really not missing anything. Someone else had to be a loudmouth, and we lost the chance to earn that Mech_Con Camo mega-package. This makes me massively angry, unto the point where I'm now using the "Heavy Lifter" Title which I don't remember using before. :angry:

~D. V. "someone else had one chance to not blow it for others, and they left us May-hem, rage, and sadness instead" Devnull

[Edit by the Post Author on 2022-05-16 @ 3:45 PM (GMT -07:00) due to erroneous & ambiguous meaning in their wording... All fixed now!]
[Second Edit by the Post Author on 2022-05-17 @ 9:22 AM (GMT -07:00) because they decided to tone down what wording they would allow themself to leave posted...]

Edited by D V Devnull, 17 May 2022 - 08:22 AM.

#91 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 730 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 16 May 2022 - 04:15 PM

Could I ask for Hero mechs to be also on sale for phase 4 please please please? Or at least a hero sale soon after?
All those discounted mechbays will need filling and I have a couple heroes on my sights after the PTS...

Thanks either way and thanks for the freebies!

#92 Red Wraith AI

Rookie

• The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 May 2022 - 11:48 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 16 May 2022 - 02:25 AM, said:

Yes... but I was talking about it being ready for prime time and Live Game distribution... a major difference there, and one that I guess needed my being a little more verbose since the other part of my post did not get a proper proofread before I put it up with a word typed twice. *facedesk* Posted Image

Did you attempt to do the Redeem (or Claim) through the Website Tracker or the In-Game Event Browser when you pressed the button? Posted Image

~D. V. "a little mind-split between the PTS and the MW May-Hem Event here" Devnull

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Thank you for your response! I was using the in game browser on steam during gameplay. Did it get bugged?

#93 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 17 May 2022 - 12:07 AM

Redeeming via the website can suffer a delay on the reward injection. It is usually advisable to use the ingame event browser. There is a small button with an "E" on the lower bar of your Mechbay UI.

#94 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 17 May 2022 - 05:20 AM

View PostRed Wraith AI, on 16 May 2022 - 11:48 PM, said:

<<< snip >>>

Thank you for your response! I was using the in game browser on steam during gameplay. Did it get bugged?

It so happens that while you can use the MWO Website Event Tracker pages through Steam's Overlay-type Browser to keep an eye on things, they are no good later in terms of using the "Redeem" buttons when you want to claim your rewards. (It can unfortunately end up on a very long wait, so never use the Website Tracker as a method either via Web Browser or Steam Overlay Browser to Claim/Redeem stuff, and only watch/check things with it!) Like our fellow player 'Aidan Crenshaw' said earlier...

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 17 May 2022 - 12:07 AM, said:

Redeeming via the website can suffer a delay on the reward injection. It is usually advisable to use the ingame event browser. There is a small button with an "E" on the lower bar of your Mechbay UI.

...and so in the MWO Game Client itself, you'll want to click that Sigma-shaped "E" button, and then find the Event to be acquired from in the list. Click on that Event's name, and use the "Claim" button(s) within to Redeem your stuff, be it either all at once with the big one at the bottom, or one thing at a time with the smaller ones above. Good luck with doing your Claim/Redeem of your acquired earnings after that, and have fun! :)

~D. V. "use Game Client Event Browser and not Website Tracker pages to Claim/Redeem, even via Steam" Devnull

#95 ambosen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Aggressor
  • The Aggressor
  • 120 posts

Posted 17 May 2022 - 10:09 AM

View PostHorseman, on 14 May 2022 - 06:25 AM, said:

The Skill Tree would like a word about that, I think.

The same PTS I only got to play one match in in event que total where 75% of the people in it weren't clearly afk. Which took me over an hour of waiting just to get into each time. And I had to reinstall from scratch 4 times after it had supposedly already been a complete download and installation just to get working. Which crashed about half the time I tried to alter something in the skill tree.

Though the return of an animated splash screen was kind of cool.

#96 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 17 May 2022 - 01:20 PM

View Postambosen, on 17 May 2022 - 10:09 AM, said:

The same PTS I only got to play one match in in event que total where 75% of the people in it weren't clearly afk. Which took me over an hour of waiting just to get into each time. And I had to reinstall from scratch 4 times after it had supposedly already been a complete download and installation just to get working. Which crashed about half the time I tried to alter something in the skill tree.
PTS is always the most active on the first day and then drops off rapidly, dude.

#97 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 18 May 2022 - 01:57 PM

Too bad the 500 Match Score was removed :

Posted Image

Posted Image

The above was only the 2nd game on the 1st Day Of The Atlas Event Part Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And the above happend 2 or 3 games later... Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Does this unlock any additional Atlas variants for free ?! Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

;)

#98 ambosen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Aggressor
  • The Aggressor
  • 120 posts

Posted 19 May 2022 - 09:18 AM

View PostHorseman, on 17 May 2022 - 01:20 PM, said:

PTS is always the most active on the first day and then drops off rapidly, dude.

And 80% of the people trying it couldn't even get it to load on the first day. Furthermore, that represents what most people would call a problem, because it means for the bulk of the time any usable data would've been gathered *it wasn't being gathered.* By the way, been here since long before you were. This is a relatively recent trend in the game's development history. RReally only started post solaris.

#99 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 19 May 2022 - 10:16 AM

View PostRoodkapje, on 18 May 2022 - 01:57 PM, said:

Too bad the 500 Match Score was removed :

<<< images snipped >>>

The above was only the 2nd game on the 1st Day Of The Atlas Event Part Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

<<< images snipped >>>

And the above happend 2 or 3 games later... Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Does this unlock any additional Atlas variants for free ?! Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

I am frankly quite glad the 500 MS item in this May-Hem Event was lowered to only 250 MS in the asking, even though it was dropped much lower than the 450 MS which I suggested would be fine. (Heck, I'm surprised & thankful they took it below 300!!!) Otherwise that particular single Challenge ended up being a turn-off to newer players whom these Free Mech Events are always supposed to be geared towards. As it is, trying to get these KMDD-only counts is being a real pain in my side, unlike your luck. :mellow:

~D. V. "sees no need for 'Roodkapje's boast about 500 MS when the May-Hem Event should not be like that" Devnull

#100 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 20 May 2022 - 05:42 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 19 May 2022 - 10:16 AM, said:

As it is, trying to get these KMDD-only counts is being a real pain in my side, unlike your luck. Posted Image

It was weird for sure : You kill someone and lose the KMDD instead of both counting for the same thing! Posted Image

~D. V. "sees no need for 'Roodkapje's boast about 500 MS when the May-Hem Event should not be like that" Devnull

I was trying to be funny but I guess even all those smileys that I added did not give you that hint ?! Posted Image Posted Image

Edited by Roodkapje, 20 May 2022 - 05:42 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users