Event Q - Eq Should Happen Once A Week Per Month

19 replies to this topic

#1 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 03 July 2022 - 03:25 AM

I noticed that I am mostly now play EQ because its more interesting to me to find the right mech of my roster of mechs and adapt to whatever is thrown at me.

Started to use some mechs I haven't been using in a long time or finaly find a reason to play stupid builds that suddenly work in that envoirment.

Theirfore I would like from PGI to give EQ a "fixed" slot. Like ones per month for a week there will be an EQ. Dosn't need any additional rewards. Just be creative with the scenarios and values to tweak.

#2 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 03 July 2022 - 05:23 AM

As long as no groups allowed in it. Save the group play and teams for Faction warfare ( or watchever it is called these days )

You have mention the only reason I find it interesting, that and I could knock of the Crusader challenge faster..

I do think Domination is a bad mode though, the team that loses the first round usually loses because they have to rush in one at a time to stop the clock.

The switching of maps after every round, has some pro and cons. the new map worked, it's well built, where a variety of mech builds can produce well, brawlers, mediums, snipers, lurms.....

Older maps become very cookie cutter, which in itself negates a lot of the fun, so careful map rotation is required.

#3 HKO2006

• Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

Posted 03 July 2022 - 06:38 AM

Yes please, really like event queue, please make it a stay even

#4 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 03 July 2022 - 01:55 PM

View PostC E Dwyer, on 03 July 2022 - 05:23 AM, said:

As long as no groups allowed in it. Save the group play and teams for Faction warfare ( or watchever it is called these days )

I do think Domination is a bad mode though, the team that loses the first round usually loses because they have to rush in one at a time to stop the clock.

The switching of maps after every round, has some pro and cons. the new map worked, it's well built, where a variety of mech builds can produce well, brawlers, mediums, snipers, lurms.....

Older maps become very cookie cutter, which in itself negates a lot of the fun, so careful map rotation is required.

Groups: I also think they should be keept out or be limited to at max 2. Droping with a friend for a fun, quick match can be fun. Still concidering that the team sizes are allready smaller I think no groups is indeed to be prefered.

Domination: I don't see the mode exactly as a problem but the following points
1) People actualy coordinating helps a lot. When dropping with people who actualy waited and coordinated it was less of a problem to push back in with force.

2) Size of the map and the drop points. Espacialy with slow mechs getting back into the circle with some mechs was hard.
So points should be closer or the maps smaller. Since the teams are smaller its hard for the one or two guys left to hold the circle until the rest arrives.

3) Timer short when using far away drops and slow mechs. Also you can hardly get to the reset points.

So its a bit more complex of a problem.

Maps: For some events I would even concider bringing back the Solaris maps. I could imagne the Urbie Durby using the Steiner Colluseum or Marik Factory with 2x armor modifiers and endless ammo but double the heat. Since the Urbie itself is pretty sturdy that could be a very chaotic, fun experiance.

#5 W4R GOD

• PipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 90 posts

Posted 03 July 2022 - 10:56 PM

There should be zero groups in events. It will just go the way of the soup with elite 4's trashing potato's.

#6 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 04 July 2022 - 07:42 AM

I agree with all, very fun times have been had, and yes no groups.

#7 Gasboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 345 posts

Posted 04 July 2022 - 09:50 AM

I think that groups should be allowed into the event queues. Just make it part of the rotation. So you can have some of the rotations have groups, and some that don't. PGI should at least try to make both groups and solos happy.

#8 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 04 July 2022 - 10:45 AM

I am thinking more and more that it should be
FP: Groups of 4+
QP: Max groups of 3
EQ: No groups

#9 John_Dark

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 10 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 04 July 2022 - 12:46 PM

View PostGasboy, on 04 July 2022 - 09:50 AM, said:

I think that groups should be allowed into the event queues. Just make it part of the rotation. So you can have some of the rotations have groups, and some that don't. PGI should at least try to make both groups and solos happy.

Groups already have FP and Soup Queue.

Leave groups out of EQ, period.

I had more fun in EQ than I did the past two years (largely because I didn't play because of Soup Queue).

Edited by John_Dark, 04 July 2022 - 12:47 PM.

#10 mytilus edulis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 04 July 2022 - 01:19 PM

I like the events so far but Polar Domination is really bad. Even in a 120 kph mech it's a 1 minute 10 second walk after each respawn. So realistically if you use 3 of your mechs, you've probably spent 6 of the 15-20 minutes of play time just walking back.

While it's possible to just not die, that kind of defeats the purpose of a drop deck.

#11 Meep Meep

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,765 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 04 July 2022 - 02:10 PM

I like the concept of the event queue but some of the actual events themselves can be a bit iffy as stated above. Most are fun though so they are getting it right more than they are getting it wrong.

#12 Gasboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 345 posts

Posted 04 July 2022 - 03:56 PM

View PostMeep Meep, on 04 July 2022 - 02:10 PM, said:

I like the concept of the event queue but some of the actual events themselves can be a bit iffy as stated above. Most are fun though so they are getting it right more than they are getting it wrong.

And frankly, playing the ones that are a bit eeeh make you appreciate the good ones more. Hopefully if they did create a continual event like this, they'd take a vote on which was good, and which wasn't, and start from there.

#13 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,426 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 05 July 2022 - 12:06 AM

MWO can make respawn points closer to the center for Polar Domination Event Queues...

View Postmytilus edulis, on 04 July 2022 - 01:19 PM, said:

I like the events so far but Polar Domination is really bad. Even in a 120 kph mech it's a 1 minute 10 second walk after each respawn. So realistically if you use 3 of your mechs, you've probably spent 6 of the 15-20 minutes of play time just walking back.

While it's possible to just not die, that kind of defeats the purpose of a drop deck.

#14 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,971 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 05 July 2022 - 12:25 AM

I really did not have any interest in event queue but I gave it a try and it was fun

I been having problems with server disconnects so I did one event queue drop on Saturday (with 2 discos)

and 2 drops yesterday using heavy mechs

then the event queue went to Urban mechs only (I don't own 4 Urban mechs so I logged off)

I waited 7 hours (2 am my time) then they turned the event queue off

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

my recommendations
1) shorten the length of time for the event queue from 7 hours to maybe 4 or 5 hours
that way players don't have so many hours to wait for the event queue to cycle to another set of rules

2) have a more versatile event, don't lock things down to one mech chassis

3) I would look forward to Clan vs IS (for example Clan/IS lights go at it and so on down the line)

I did a meme drop deck using nothing but AC20s it was pretty fun lol

GLHF

Edited by Davegt27, 05 July 2022 - 01:17 PM.

#15 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 05 July 2022 - 12:46 AM

Check the descriptions, Dave, the Urby Derby was not a dropdeck mode. You didn't need 4 Urbies.
https://mwomercs.com...event-and-sale/

#16 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,971 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 05 July 2022 - 03:46 AM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 05 July 2022 - 12:46 AM, said:

Check the descriptions, Dave, the Urby Derby was not a dropdeck mode. You didn't need 4 Urbies.
https://mwomercs.com...event-and-sale/

cool thanks
they have modes
I am not interested in Urban Mechs so I guess I stopped reading

so in that "mode" your dead and there are no respawns ??

anyways no big its water under the bridge

#17 EPJ

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 July 2022 - 09:57 AM

The New EQ was some of the most fun I have had in WMO in a long time. When I saw that jump jets were unlimited, that was both fun and surprising. Got to turn my Nightgir into a apache helicopter and rain missiles from the sky. Got to have a one vs one duel with a madcat in the sky! I will never get to do this in a normal game, and I love that! That and the urban mech only was really fun too. puts everyone on even ground having to use the same mech. Like others have said, as long as you stay consistent with it and keep it going each month for one week that would be awesome! Would give me something to look foreword too next month.

PS. please do not let people group drop in EQ I think it would ruin the fun.

#18 EPJ

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 July 2022 - 10:01 AM

View Postw0qj, on 05 July 2022 - 12:06 AM, said:

MWO can make respawn points closer to the center for Polar Domination Event Queues...

I got a dragon just for this problem. Put the max EG XL in it with speed skills making it go 111kph and 2 heavy ppc's. Would drop in my big slow direwolf first to get as much damage as I can to start and then would drop in the dragon to get back in fast.

#19 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,426 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 05 July 2022 - 02:54 PM

That's very interesting! First Dire Wolf, then a fast Dragon mech...

This shows how an Event with specific situation sometimes forces one to rethink mech layout, and also 4'Mech Drop Deck selection...

Which is what MWO is all about for me, the thinking man's (or woman's) game ;)

View PostEPJ, on 05 July 2022 - 10:01 AM, said:

I got a dragon just for this problem. Put the max EG XL in it with speed skills making it go 111kph and 2 heavy ppc's. Would drop in my big slow direwolf first to get as much damage as I can to start and then would drop in the dragon to get back in fast.

#20 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 06 July 2022 - 02:59 AM

Yah I saw some interesting things with the events.
Like a guy who took LRMs and played a flying LRMboat. Most likely watched to much Robot-Anime but it was cool and anyoing.
Didn't know at first why he could keep track of me...forgot that we had endless JJs and didn't look up.

Other time with unlimited ammo, we where fighting and suddenly a guy said over voip "my rocketlaunchers keep firing".
A moment of silence then everyone went "WTF" hows the damage output? "Rediculus" and we all went and tried out builds with tons of rocketlaunchers ^_^

Also heavy MG without ammo limit...damn that can hurt.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users