• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 14 May 2022 - 09:37 AM

View PostHorseman, on 14 May 2022 - 06:23 AM, said:

I'm referring to Falcon describing it as a new PC that he recently upgraded to. No disagreement that it will handle MWO with the addition of a proper video card, it's just that whoever convinced him to use that as an upgrade did him a disservice Posted Image

Depends on his budget, too. Some people are poor. Granted, First World Poor is a very different thing from a tin shack in the developing world. Still, we all know that F2P games, like MWO, are attractive to people that don't have a lot of cash to sling around. I'm not going to fault someone for being on a tight budget.

As for the OP having a "new" computer? New to him? Maybe unused parts that have been languishing in the "obsolete parts" area for years? And seeing as how he said his last PC was only rocking a dual core, well, I mean... S***, my Galaxy S9 would have been an upgrade from that, y'know?

Edited by Escef, 14 May 2022 - 09:39 AM.

#22 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 886 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 21 May 2022 - 09:38 AM

I finally got a cheap amd hd 7470 1gb ddr3 card. Game starts and works with it but a bit slow sometimes (not sure it is the gfx or the net) so I would try MWOconfig to make things a bit better. This card consumes less energy and smaller than my old Asus EN 9600 GT (what lately worked unstable). If everything goes well I could play MWO again from june (I lost may and it's may-hem)...

#23 MrVaad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 300 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 21 May 2022 - 05:46 PM

It seems you have more video memory with that new card but it has 50% of your 9600 GT's performance.

Edited by MrVaad, 21 May 2022 - 05:47 PM.

#24 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 886 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 25 May 2022 - 10:22 AM

View PostMrVaad, on 21 May 2022 - 05:46 PM, said:

It seems you have more video memory with that new card but it has 50% of your 9600 GT's performance.

It however performs good. Today I played a test-match and unluckily got Solaris city. On my old config city maps were comics, terribly lagged and caused me hate all city maps in all game modes.
Surprisingly smooth were the match. No lag at all. The only setting I changed were the turn-off of cockpit glass. Far smoother display than with the 9600 GT, most probably because of the 4-core processor...
The mouse however is different. I struggled with it as it seemed sluggish. Sensitivity were on 1.7 as I found that the best for me but now it is sluggish. I do fear to increase it to 2.0 or more because I not yet play-tested FP.

#25 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 25 May 2022 - 12:04 PM

View PostDuke Falcon, on 25 May 2022 - 10:22 AM, said:

The mouse however is different. I struggled with it as it seemed sluggish. Sensitivity were on 1.7 as I found that the best for me but now it is sluggish. I do fear to increase it to 2.0 or more because I not yet play-tested FP.

The mouse sensitivity (or lack thereof) has a setting in Windows and in-game. Basically, the in-game setting acts as an amplifier (or minimizer) of your Windows settings. Regardless, if you haven't already, just pop into the testing grounds and start tweaking it until you get it where you want it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users