Pgi While Youre Ptsing........

101 replies to this topic

#21 Magnus Santini

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 708 posts

Posted 17 May 2022 - 07:45 PM

The discussion misses the point. The clan light mechs in question may be OP not because they are slightly more effective against big mechs, but because they are way too effective against small ones. Assuming average aiming by a mech boating both small pulses and MGs, how long will take him to take out a light's leg or any side torso? Now compare that to the time it will take the opponent to do the same. They have too many hardpoints and I don't think that can be balanced without mandatory chain fire.

#22 Meep Meep

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,750 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 17 May 2022 - 08:33 PM

If light mechs are so op and easy mode then why are the new players not driving them? Posted Image

Nimble lights and mediums should be where new players focus anyways as they can far more easily recover from bad positioning choices.

#23 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,805 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 17 May 2022 - 08:43 PM

I tend to agree with Novakaine. The DPS of a build with so many hard points and such mobility is difficult to overcome, and facing a Wolfpack of them can be a nightmare. For a vet player (cough… mechdad) like me, I turn to making specific light-hunter capable mechs and calling it “challenge accepted”, but i can see a new player jumping straight to “screw this game” in frustration.

Some adjustment for high hardpoint MG builds needs done, but I personally don’t see a good solution. They’re already fragile enough, ghost heat on MGs or micro lasers would be an over-nerf, reducing their hard points would be a horrific buzz kill… maybe adjusting the mechs’ size? But I think scaling mechs is still off the table as an option. Dunno.

#24 Novakaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,703 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 17 May 2022 - 09:03 PM

View PostMeep Meep, on 17 May 2022 - 08:33 PM, said:

If light mechs are so op and easy mode then why are the new players not driving them? Posted Image

Nimble lights and mediums should be where new players focus anyways as they can far more easily recover from bad positioning choices.

Although I advised my friends against driving heavies and assauls until they got past the learning curve.
It all boiled down to would you rather drive the jeep or the Abrams MBT?

Edited by Novakaine, 17 May 2022 - 09:05 PM.

#25 Meep Meep

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,750 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 17 May 2022 - 09:24 PM

View PostNovakaine, on 17 May 2022 - 09:03 PM, said:

Although I advised my friends against driving heavies and assauls until they got past the learning curve.

Tell them a jeep with a javelin atm can take out an abrams?

Have them try this build in a lance.

pir-a

20 points of laser at 400+m and the lmg are the equivalent of a rac2 at 300m which never jams or overheats.

Goes nice and fast and has lots of armor for a clan light after armor nodes so you can survive a moderate direct hit alpha or laugh off sweeping laser damage.

#26 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,772 posts

Posted 17 May 2022 - 09:45 PM

View PostMeep Meep, on 17 May 2022 - 08:33 PM, said:

were not currently seeing light mechs being op, were busy seeing viper fs being op. this thing is my current top mech in every metric i have. its worse than the erll meta. i think the cauldron needs to do something about that. it can do the same thing a piranha can do, but it doesnt run out of ammo as fast, can take more of a pounding, and has jump jets from the moon.

i think i died to them 6 times yesterday. not being alone at the edge of the map, no. about 5 minutes in when mechs start developing holes in their armor, they just sweep in and kill everything murder ball or no. unlike most squiels the thing is not hard to use. its harder to not get a kill in one than it is to get multiple kills. i ran one a couple times on the previous event and got a total of 5 kills across 2 matches. i dont normally complain about things being op, but this thing is a murder snake. and everyone just got a free one.

Edited by LordNothing, 17 May 2022 - 09:59 PM.

#27 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,614 posts

Posted 18 May 2022 - 01:00 AM

View PostIhlrath, on 17 May 2022 - 02:20 PM, said:

My Murderchicken (Locust PB) would absolutely murder a LRM boat or slow moving sniper if I caught it alone. That's small lasers and MG's. Running around in a murder fish decked out with machine guns will do unspeakable things to the backside of an Atlas in way, way too short of a time frame. Its one of the main differences between MWO and the game its' based on Battletech. In BT your 5 bazillion MGs are going to do 2 DMG apiece and be scattered around at random over 8 different damage locations. Which means that PIR that just snuck up on the Atlas better have done it using its entire movement rating and built up a significant penalty to hit for the Atlas pilot or he's going to turn around and swat it like the pest it is.

Again very much players perception, situational awareness and skill to get that piranha to front sector of you and BLAM piranha is pretty much dead with 1 alpha. If you got friends or don't run around isolated that piranha should never be able to jump your back 1st place.

It's not really in the spirit of BT for a light to absolutely murder an Assault in the span of 3 - 5 seconds.

Piranha vs Longbow in BT which one will win? Same happens to lurm boats in MWO.

So no... light mechs shouldn't be able to do the things they do but they have to have some viability and that's one way to do it. They can absolutely be smacked down from 1k+ away by some 8 ERLL boating sniper so there's a balance there at least.... or at least some semblance of it.

Mechs need to be able to kill mechs, mechs have no real other purpose in this game. Each player gets one mech it doesn't matter which weight class and it is supposed to compete and kill other mechs.... What are these these lights doing that they shouldn't be able to do, that other weight classes cannot do?

View PostMagnus Santini, on 17 May 2022 - 07:45 PM, said:

The discussion misses the point. The clan light mechs in question may be OP not because they are slightly more effective against big mechs, but because they are way too effective against small ones. Assuming average aiming by a mech boating both small pulses and MGs, how long will take him to take out a light's leg or any side torso? Now compare that to the time it will take the opponent to do the same. They have too many hardpoints and I don't think that can be balanced without mandatory chain fire.

MGs are not really that good against other lights it requires a lot of skill to keep that dakka on target while opponent is dodging, SPL, uPL and SRM builds are way better light vs light action. Laser piranha also hit heat cap pretty fast unless you can hit those first two alphas very well and eliminate opponent after that you got no edge in fight even with 3000 micropulses.

View PostNovakaine, on 17 May 2022 - 09:03 PM, said:

So in their overconfidence and stubbornness against advices of experienced players got them killed. I wouldn't blame light mechs for their own ...frankly stupidity.
If you a future pilot gets into air force do they 1st hop into something like T-53A training plane with trainer or get into that F-22 Raptor alone? Your friends chose that Raptor without skills and experience to handle it.

And if I can ask what kind of heavy and assaults they were piloting? There are plenty of easy to play fatter builds that can fit to beginners, agile enough and good against light mechs.

View PostLordNothing, on 17 May 2022 - 09:45 PM, said:

were not currently seeing light mechs being op, were busy seeing viper fs being op. this thing is my current top mech in every metric i have. its worse than the erll meta. i think the cauldron needs to do something about that. it can do the same thing a piranha can do, but it doesnt run out of ammo as fast, can take more of a pounding, and has jump jets from the moon.

i think i died to them 6 times yesterday. not being alone at the edge of the map, no. about 5 minutes in when mechs start developing holes in their armor, they just sweep in and kill everything murder ball or no. unlike most squiels the thing is not hard to use. its harder to not get a kill in one than it is to get multiple kills. i ran one a couple times on the previous event and got a total of 5 kills across 2 matches. i dont normally complain about things being op, but this thing is a murder snake. and everyone just got a free one.

Viper hype won't last long, now people are toying with their new free mech but soon it's back to boring ER stuff.

Edited by Curccu, 18 May 2022 - 01:10 AM.

#28 Der Geisterbaer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 799 posts

Posted 18 May 2022 - 01:38 AM

were not currently seeing light mechs being op, were busy seeing viper fs being op.

Re-reading the opening post and the rest of the comments so far demands to point out: There seem to be different "we"s in play here.

this thing is my current top mech in every metric i have. its worse than the erll meta. i think the cauldron needs to do something about that.

Do you have suggestions on what the Cauldron can / should do?

but it doesnt run out of ammo as fast

Well, while typical PIR-1 builds can run out of machine gun ammo it's usually not a really pressing issue. The VPR-F with that So8 ammo quirk just has an overall longer "runtime" before running out of ammo and I do seem to recall that you recently "liked" my comment about the MLX-G and possibly even the PIR-1 deserving a machine gun ammo quirk as well when considering the VPR-F's quirk.

i think i died to them 6 times yesterday. not being alone at the edge of the map, no. about 5 minutes in when mechs start developing holes in their armor, they just sweep in and kill everything murder ball or no. unlike most squiels the thing is not hard to use.

Are you suggesting that (Light) "Squirrels" should be hard to use?
Are you also suggesting that a medium "Squirrel" should not be easy to use?
If the answer to the latter is "yes", what about Heavies and Assaults - should be easy or hard to use?

its harder to not get a kill in one than it is to get multiple kills.

How do Heavies and Assaults track here?

i ran one a couple times on the previous event and got a total of 5 kills across 2 matches.

How do these 5 kills over 2 matches compare to your kill successes in other mechs - particularly heavies and assaults?

i dont normally complain about things being op, but this thing is a murder snake. and everyone just got a free one.

And yet in my personal experience did't see really too many of them beyond typical "oh new mech" increases and - in direct contrast to your stated experience - they usually weren't "match makers" with large and "easy" kill counts.

#29 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 18 May 2022 - 03:56 AM

sorry, but the mature approach would then be
"PGI, my beginner-friends are terrorised by lights 'n stuff - how about you split tier5s better from the rest to make a better match for them?"

instead SOMEBODY is going
"look at the MG and small pulse laser vomit you have plagued us with."
and drives an agenda that aims to not only nerf things for tier5s, but for everyone.

..you see where this is hard to take serious, eh? ;)

#30 Magnus Santini

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 708 posts

Posted 18 May 2022 - 04:00 AM

View PostCurccu, on 18 May 2022 - 01:00 AM, said:

MGs are not really that good against other lights it requires a lot of skill to keep that dakka on target while opponent is dodging, SPL, uPL and SRM builds are way better light vs light action. Laser piranha also hit heat cap pretty fast unless you can hit those first two alphas very well and eliminate opponent after that you got no edge in fight even with 3000 micropulses.

Am I confusing the loadout? I think am talking about the PIR-B, or any hybrid that can boat both. So land a pulse salvo on a component and it is stripped. Randomly that is quite likely to be a leg or ST. Then (or the whole time why not?) hold down the machine gun button laser-boat-style until you get the mouse over the stripped component. Or take two pulse volley to strip a component then rest the lasers while machine gunning the whole time. I hate to bring up the ammo count buffs but they are real.

#31 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,772 posts

Posted 18 May 2022 - 04:55 AM

View PostDer Geisterbaer, on 18 May 2022 - 01:38 AM, said:

Re-reading the opening post and the rest of the comments so far demands to point out: There seem to be different "we"s in play here.

Do you have suggestions on what the Cauldron can / should do?

Well, while typical PIR-1 builds can run out of machine gun ammo it's usually not a really pressing issue. The VPR-F with that So8 ammo quirk just has an overall longer "runtime" before running out of ammo and I do seem to recall that you recently "liked" my comment about the MLX-G and possibly even the PIR-1 deserving a machine gun ammo quirk as well when considering the VPR-F's quirk.

Are you suggesting that (Light) "Squirrels" should be hard to use?
Are you also suggesting that a medium "Squirrel" should not be easy to use?
If the answer to the latter is "yes", what about Heavies and Assaults - should be easy or hard to use?

How do Heavies and Assaults track here?

How do these 5 kills over 2 matches compare to your kill successes in other mechs - particularly heavies and assaults?

And yet in my personal experience did't see really too many of them beyond typical "oh new mech" increases and - in direct contrast to your stated experience - they usually weren't "match makers" with large and "easy" kill counts.

i dont even use the so8 quirk, i broke so8 so i could run 10 hmgs backed up by i think 3 micropulse lasers.

vpr-fl

got to be one of the meanest knife fighters in the game. that comes both from using them and getting killed by them.

being a medium gives it a bit more survivability and the jjs help it get out of situations that piranhas and fleas normally have trouble with. its better at evading streak boats and you can drop down on targets from above on some maps and finish them almost before they know you are there. i dont know how it should perform with respect to lighter or even heavier mechs.

this mech is an all hunter. its most effective against wounded prey, sure. if there is an opening in a mech, that component lasts fractions of seconds. ive seen it face tank assaults and win, successfully fought streak boats, other mediums, you can hunt lights with it. even if things get campy this thing can get in fast with its speed and mobility and win with its cold advantage. its just too good at too much. i like them i love playing them, but i got to call it out as a huge destabilizing force in the game.

im not sure what the cauldron can do. i suppose move some of the armor and jj quirks to so8. that would break 10+ hmg boats. but my build isnt the only strong build. take both viper-a torsos and you can run either 8mg+5spl, 8lmg+5erml, or use the vpr-c torsos for 12lmgs+erll/12mg+mpl. using so8 only really lets you put better lasers into the 3 energy hardpoints by buffing the ammo. out of box solutions, maybe a negative quirk for mg crit in the ct, this would be countered with a positive so8 quirk to cancel it out in the stock config. of course global machine gun changes, perhaps a crit cap or something, stop doing crit rolls on more than 8 guns (i don't even know if you can do that, probibly not).

i forsee similar problems with the crusader hero, were really starting the power creep again with some of these mechs. and im gonna buy it as soon as its up for mc.

Edited by LordNothing, 18 May 2022 - 05:16 AM.

#32 Der Geisterbaer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 799 posts

Posted 18 May 2022 - 05:18 AM

View PostMagnus Santini, on 18 May 2022 - 04:00 AM, said:

Am I confusing the loadout?

I'd guess it's part confusing loadouts and part overestimating loadout capabilities. As a general reminder: PIRs tend to max out at 8t of weapon loadout regardless of how many hardpoints they have.

I think am talking about the PIR-B,

So 6 energy and 4 ballistic slots.

or any hybrid that can boat both.

The other one somewhat fitting that bill would be the PIR-CI with 9 energy and 6 ballistic hardpoints.

So land a pulse salvo on a component and it is stripped.

First note that your premise here is that the entire salvo hits a singular target zone for the entire burn duration.
Then note pretty much every Light in their typically chosen armor and skill node setups have 20+ points of (frontal) armor on legs and side torsos with PIRs themselves often having only 18 upgraded from the base 16

=> In order to entirely strip a leg on a light in a singular micropulse salvo that hits that one hit location for full duration (~ half a second even with max duration reduction) you'll need at least 6 to 7 for a PIR and 8+ for anything else

PIR-B can do the 6 micro pulsers but you'll need the PIR-CI for everthing else. Now this still is the best case scenario with perfect aim on the hit location for the full burn duration. However, in reality your "chasing other light" scenario will be with you and your target moving at high speeds ...

Randomly that is quite likely to be a leg or ST.

... where you'll "randomly" spread your micro pulse burns over at least two hit locations (when aiming for legs) up to 4 ( or even 5) locations when going for torso (depending where your burn lands first and how far it travels during the burn phase) with the destinct possibility of part of the burn actually missing (particularly when going for the legs). => You're not going to actually strip a leg or side torso with one pulse salvo ... nor are you likely to do that when also firing your machine guns along with that pulse, because you'll be spreading 1.6 to 2 damage points ( PIR-B ) or 2.4 to 3 damage points (PIR-CI) in the exact same manner as the pulse beams over their burn duration.

Then (or the whole time why not?) hold down the machine gun button laser-boat-style until you get the mouse over the stripped component.

So this is not going to happen but instead you'll be trying to maintain your aim onto either torso or legs in the hopes of breaching one zone in those areas. The more you and your target are moving the more of your machine gun ammo gets wasted.

Or take two pulse volley to strip a component then rest the lasers while machine gunning the whole time.

I strongly suggest that you actually try to do it under gameplay conditions. I'll gladly hear out your stories on your experiences with how "fast" you managed to kill other Lights with a PIR-B or a PIR-CI

I hate to bring up the ammo count buffs but they are real.

Not on any of the PIRs and the VPR-F actually needs those ammo count buffs because otherwise it would run out of ammo faster than you'd like while trying to hunt those other Lights

TL;DR: You don't seem to speak from actual experience when talking about these Lights being good for hunting other Lights.

Edited by Der Geisterbaer, 18 May 2022 - 11:38 AM.

#33 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 18 May 2022 - 08:12 AM

Its not just lights i've decided to boat MGs on everything that can boat them because they are incredibly OP pretty much anything with 4+ MG plus extras just deletes mechs.

#34 Novakaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,703 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 18 May 2022 - 08:37 AM

View PostTeenage Mutant Ninja Urbie, on 18 May 2022 - 03:56 AM, said:

sorry, but the mature approach would then be
"PGI, my beginner-friends are terrorised by lights 'n stuff - how about you split tier5s better from the rest to make a better match for them?"

instead SOMEBODY is going
"look at the MG and small pulse laser vomit you have plagued us with."
and drives an agenda that aims to not only nerf things for tier5s, but for everyone.

..you see where this is hard to take serious, eh? Posted Image

At a nice comfortably retired 63 I'm about mature as I'm going to get.
They complained about the sniper meta and LRM's almost as much.
Those particular two can be easily mitagated with experience and practice.
But the afore mentioned problems were what they complained about the most.
If I had my druthers those crit chances for those weapons would go bye bye.
But those would seriously nerf those mechs and I'm not in favor of massive nerfs
It's the new player experience need to be somehow fixed.

#35 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,614 posts

Posted 18 May 2022 - 08:37 AM

View PostNomad Tech, on 18 May 2022 - 08:12 AM, said:

Its not just lights i've decided to boat MGs on everything that can boat them because they are incredibly OP pretty much anything with 4+ MG plus extras just deletes mechs.

Yep I swapped my quad LB10-X from my annihilator to MGs and now it just brrrrr and kabooms everything.... true story.

#36 Der Geisterbaer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 799 posts

Posted 18 May 2022 - 08:56 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 18 May 2022 - 04:55 AM, said:

i dont even use the so8 quirk, i broke so8 so i could run 10 hmgs backed up by i think 3 micropulse lasers.

vpr-fl

Well, then you're no longer truly making a comparison against the PIR-1 because that one is rarely run with 10 hmgs + 3 micropulsers but rather 12 mg + 3 heavy smalls.

got to be one of the meanest knife fighters in the game.

Oh, I'll certainly agree that a well driven VPR-F is one of the meanest knife fighters in the game which in your build has most likely the following net gains over a typical PIR-1
  • Jump Jet maneuverability
  • The equivalent of 3 additional machine guns (you have 10x1.5 where the PIR has 12x1.0) which increased the continuous DPS by 3 points per second (of actually hitting the target)
  • a potentially higher (but not by much) acceleration
  • more armor per hit location
This usually comes at the price of:
  • much lower decelaration
  • less overall ammo (overall machine gun damage potential)
  • lower turn rate
  • lower torso turn rate
  • lower torso yaw speed
  • overall larger mech profile that is easier to hit

being a medium gives it a bit more survivability

Check

and the jjs help it get out of situations that piranhas and fleas normally have trouble with.

Which particular situations are you referring to?

its better at evading streak boats

I guess that's more of a "depends" because the JJs indeed allow breaking target locks more easily at closer range but both PIRs and FLEs are better at running away (because they are faster) and tend to have better turn rates for swifter movement changes at distance.

and you can drop down on targets from above on some maps and finish them almost before they know you are there.

Again a point that needs more elaboration.

i dont know how it should perform with respect to lighter or even heavier mechs.

Yet you've stated that this mech is "over powered"?!

its most effective against wounded prey, sure. if there is an opening in a mech, that component lasts fractions of seconds.

Which is true for all "machine gun boats" (or whatever is deemed as such these days).

ive seen it face tank assaults and win,

The reoccuring "Lights are OP" Threads tell the same about PIRs and MLXs

successfully fought streak boats,

How often?
Side note: I have successfully fought streak boats in a PIR-1 or an MLX-G as well ... it's just not too often.

other mediums,

Is that bad?

you can hunt lights with it. even if things get campy this thing can get in fast with its speed and mobility and win with its cold advantage.

Not faster than those already mentioned Lights

its just too good at too much.

Is that truly so? I guess it'll be interesting to see how many VPR-Fs we're going to see over the next two months in order to see if a larger portion of the player base feels the same.

i like them i love playing them, but i got to call it out as a huge destabilizing force in the game.

Which is a bit surprising since you also confirmed that you don't really know how that mech should compare against other mediums, heavies or even assaults.

im not sure what the cauldron can do. i suppose move some of the armor and jj quirks to so8. that would break 10+ hmg boats. but my build isnt the only strong build. take both viper-a torsos and you can run either 8mg+5spl, 8lmg+5erml, or use the vpr-c torsos for 12lmgs+erll/12mg+mpl. using so8 only really lets you put better lasers into the 3 energy hardpoints by buffing the ammo.

Now you label these builds as "strong". What happend to "overpowered" and "huge destabilizing force"?

out of box solutions, maybe a negative quirk for mg crit in the ct, this would be countered with a positive so8 quirk to cancel it out in the stock config.

of course global machine gun changes,

So let's make machine guns suck on anything that can't "boat" them with 8 or more?

perhaps a crit cap or something, stop doing crit rolls on more than 8 guns (i don't even know if you can do that, probibly not).

Not within the realm of normal xml edits.

i forsee similar problems with the crusader hero,

I won't make any bets on that one.

were really starting the power creep again with some of these mechs. and im gonna buy it as soon as its up for mc.

Even if you get what you're asking here for - a nerf to machine gun effectiveness?!

Edited by Der Geisterbaer, 18 May 2022 - 08:58 AM.

#37 Der Geisterbaer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 799 posts

Posted 18 May 2022 - 09:05 AM

View PostNomad Tech, on 18 May 2022 - 08:12 AM, said:

Its not just lights i've decided to boat MGs on everything that can boat them because they are incredibly OP

I truly hope to meet you in an Annihilator or a Direwolf that carries 4+ machine guns then. It'll be fun as hell because ...

pretty much anything with 4+ MG plus extras just deletes mechs.

... although my LCT-1V - with its RoF quirk on machine guns - will come at you with effectively 6 machine guns it'll take a seriously long amount of time till you die (that means I won't "just delete you" nor will you "just delete" me) ... probably about 10 to 15 seconds of uninterrupted engagement unless you present a largely unarmored back and fail to properly move once I engage.

#38 An6ryMan69

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 471 posts

Posted 18 May 2022 - 10:13 AM

View PostNovakaine, on 17 May 2022 - 05:21 PM, said:

I'm simply saying "new players" particularly some of my friends who just said "nope" to this game.
And that's kinda sad.

I feel your pain.

The game is just plain AWFUL on new or bad players.

And while I'm pretty sure nobody really likes the obligatory full lance of Vipers every QP match we are seeing now, I think the real issue is the matchmaker dropping players inappropriately. There is simply way too huge of a gap between the bad and the good players, but they continue to be matched up against each other.

Not long ago my son (still a cadet) was double teamed by two "Ace of Spades" titled players at once, and was predictably demolished without a chance - he walked away from the game for weeks. **** like that shouldn't happen to someone still struggling with basic mech piloting, but that's how it is right now.

The easiest fix - quick play drops only ever play against the same tier, and no groups.

Yes, it will slow things down, but the current situation of new/bad players simply being meat for the grinder should work itself out.

Arguably OP mechs are one thing - but at least everybody out there can get their hands on a Viper if they want. OP players are a more serious problem, but one that's actually much easier to solve. Tweak the matchmaker, and that elite player in his ERPPC Shadow Cat who gets off on killing half an enemy team of low level players every match, will simply be locked out of playing against them - as he should be already.

And in regards to the OP mechs you mentioned, I honestly think they would feel much less OP if piloted by only players of the same Tier level.

Still, as a mid level player myself, I am actually looking forward to the next little bit, when the flavor of the week Vipers will hopefully be replaced by Atlases; at least then "run away" is an option if I think I can't actually win the battle.

Posted Image

Edited by An6ryMan69, 18 May 2022 - 10:40 AM.

#39 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,614 posts

Posted 18 May 2022 - 11:31 AM

View PostAn6ryMan69, on 18 May 2022 - 10:13 AM, said:

Still, as a mid level player myself, I am actually looking forward to the next little bit, when the flavor of the week Vipers will hopefully be replaced by Atlases; at least then "run away" is an option if I think I can't actually win the battle.

Haven't played much but didn't see any vipers today but few atlases each game.

#40 Ihlrath

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wild Dog
  • Wild Dog
  • 368 posts

Posted 18 May 2022 - 02:17 PM

View PostCurccu, on 18 May 2022 - 01:00 AM, said:

Piranha vs Longbow in BT which one will win? Same happens to lurm boats in MWO.

I think I may not have made my point as clearly as I intended. The Piranha will win that fight against a longbow every time, however it won't do it in 2.3 seconds like a piranha will flatten you in MWO if you're a slow mover. It should win the fight, but my main issue is time to kill with everything has become so fast this isn't a mech game is a reskinned CoD clone.

Also I feel you on the boring ERLL junk.....

Edited by Ihlrath, 18 May 2022 - 02:18 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users