42 replies to this topic

#41 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 24 May 2022 - 10:06 AM

The maps honestly never looked all that good even back in 2012 imo. Terrain and "popping" due to distances being the biggest offenders, but just a lack of vertexes and detail overall.

For Caustic, maybe it's more of a color problem. I think Sulfuric looks better.

#42 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 29 May 2022 - 07:06 AM

View PostValdarion Silarius, on 19 May 2022 - 06:53 AM, said:

I'm getting strong Facing Worlds vibes from Unreal Tournament with that new quick play map. Can't wait to play it!

Sadly it won't be IIRC the glorious days of Faction Warfare Posted Image

View PostLockheed_, on 19 May 2022 - 03:53 PM, said:

As a casual player I want my maps to have a great mood and environmental effects and not look like a UT map from the 90s.

I want those things too dude but that's no reason to insult one of the most legendary games of all times! Posted Image

What bothers me more is the "Dumbing down trend" that seems to be going on in MWO the last year or so...

I know the game has a very hard learning curve when it comes to certain things but dumbing down is not the way to solve that issue! Posted Image

View PostTheCaptainJZ, on 24 May 2022 - 10:06 AM, said:

The maps honestly never looked all that good even back in 2012 imo.

They looked good, but...

Terrain and "popping" due to distances being the biggest offenders, but just a lack of vertexes and detail overall.

They were buggy and they still are after all this time! Posted Image

Was shooting a bunch of invisible walls the other day on Tourmaline Desert and it seems I am not the only one : https://mwomercs.com...-are-the-worst/ Posted Image

#43 Seelenlos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 550 posts

Posted 30 May 2022 - 01:43 PM

The should make a BLUE version and a RED version of the map! (Really) then maybe we see diffrences ...

Edited by Seelenlos, 30 May 2022 - 01:50 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users