Event Queue.. Does Anyone Know

15 replies to this topic

#1 Goggles Paesano

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 51 posts

Posted 20 May 2022 - 08:44 PM

Does anyone know if there is someplace to find out actual info on what this is going to be like?

What little info I have been able to find makes me think this is the "Jump The Shark" moment for MWO but I don't want to jump to conclusions. I can't believe there is nothing explaining, "Here is what it is and this is how its going to work."

If what I'm understanding is correct, there will be the "Quick Play Mode" and then some new "Goofy Mode" for wild and crazy stuff(not interested), and the player base will be divided between the two making wait times to get in to a game longer...

Did I miss something?

#2 John Bronco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 966 posts

Posted 20 May 2022 - 09:16 PM

I assume it will be the same as on the PTS.

#3 Goggles Paesano

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 51 posts

Posted 21 May 2022 - 08:20 AM

I didn't do the PTS... I'm glad people have time for that. I don't.

Again, I think its stupid that PGI is making a major change to the game and that they couldn't put out a this is what it is and this is how it works page. Seems like that is just poor administration.

#4 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,784 posts

Posted 21 May 2022 - 09:10 AM

its gonna be random weird stuff. something this game has always lacked.

#5 Slab Hatrock

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 May 2022 - 10:40 AM

Yeah, Wacky mode isn't going to work for me... I guess I'll have more time for real life... I say as I watch the Fonz water skiing over the shark cage.

Of course, I play this game because I like the Battletech universe.... not goofy gimmicks... You want a week of super speedy mechs with rubber clown noses... go ahead... its not for me.

Edited by Slab Hatrock, 21 May 2022 - 10:45 AM.

#6 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,784 posts

Posted 21 May 2022 - 11:05 AM

say what you want im looking forward to stock urbie urban arena with unlimited ammo.

#7 Slab Hatrock

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 May 2022 - 11:12 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 21 May 2022 - 11:05 AM, said:

say what you want im looking forward to stock urbie urban arena with unlimited ammo.

Yeah, not on a bet.

#8 Knownswift

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 269 posts

Posted 21 May 2022 - 04:25 PM

View PostSlab Hatrock, on 21 May 2022 - 10:40 AM, said:

because I like the Battletech universe.... not goofy gimmicks...

You mean battletech, the franchise built around impossibly scaled robots and even worse hair. The whole universe is a goofy gimmick lol.

Mutator mode should be a win. I look forward to it.

#9 Goggles Paesano

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 51 posts

Posted 21 May 2022 - 08:05 PM

View PostKnownswift, on 21 May 2022 - 04:25 PM, said:

You mean battletech, the franchise built around impossibly scaled robots and even worse hair. The whole universe is a goofy gimmick lol.

Mutator mode should be a win. I look forward to it.

No I'm talking about the one that started out life as a table top game that created a continuing history of technologies, war machines, star spanning states ruled by royal families each with their own histories and intrigue, wars and conflicts, and a whole hosts of factions and characters. Then you have a list of novels based on that universe too long to list here. Battletech also brought us a slew of video games(like this one). It even brought to us a friggin TV show(yeah it was horrible). There are YouTubers who cover the subject in detail(Critical Rocket) and make lore based videos with production values worthy of a professional entertainment company(looking at you Tex) . Also, if you ever wanted to know anything about the Battletech universe, just hop on over to sarna.net, the site for everything Battletech.

That is the Battletech that I'm talking about.

The only reason I play this game is because I'm a Battletech fan. So, a bunch of goofball crap doesn't interest me. I doubt it will, but hopefully it falls flat on it face harder the Solaris(which I did like).

Edited by Goggles Paesano, 21 May 2022 - 08:07 PM.

#10 Knownswift

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 269 posts

Posted 21 May 2022 - 08:37 PM

Battletech is pretty campy.

I had some of the best times in 3 and 4 playing with weird rules. I hope it works out.

You might even get a limited stock mode for everyone to complain about.

#11 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 22 May 2022 - 01:25 PM

View PostGoggles Paesano, on 20 May 2022 - 08:44 PM, said:

Does anyone know if there is someplace to find out actual info on what this is going to be like?

What little info I have been able to find makes me think this is the "Jump The Shark" moment for MWO but I don't want to jump to conclusions. I can't believe there is nothing explaining, "Here is what it is and this is how its going to work."

If what I'm understanding is correct, there will be the "Quick Play Mode" and then some new "Goofy Mode" for wild and crazy stuff(not interested), and the player base will be divided between the two making wait times to get in to a game longer...

Did I miss something?

https://youtu.be/YRvvQAzS-ak?t=511
Devlog

In short, Event Queue can be very flexible. It will support QP and FP type games. It can support groups or no group or mixed. It's main purpose is to have a dedicated queue for a scripted event, and these can range from serious to goofy. To my knowledge, they haven't said whether there will always be an event running or if it will be weekends only or something like that.

Edited by TheCaptainJZ, 22 May 2022 - 01:28 PM.

#12 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,418 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 22 May 2022 - 05:43 PM

Think it was said a few weeks ago in one of the official MWO Dev Videos (by Matt, if I recall correctly) that:

~Events do not affect your PSR Tier rating

#13 Goggles Paesano

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 51 posts

Posted 22 May 2022 - 09:49 PM

I guess we can agree to disagree about the lore... I'm 30+ years of reading the novels and a follower of Professor Tex... You'll never change my mind that a universe as complex and thorough as Battletech is NOT a goof but everyone has a right to an opinion.

My fear is that Wacky Mode is going to split the player base and you'll wait all night to get in to a match.. If it wasn't for that, you guys could have your clown mechs with super powers and whatever and you wouldn't get a peep out of me as long as I didn't have to have anything to do with it.

#14 Knownswift

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 269 posts

Posted 23 May 2022 - 12:10 AM

View PostGoggles Paesano, on 22 May 2022 - 09:49 PM, said:

a follower of Professor Tex...

You mean the guy well known for making fun of every little absurdity? The same one known for his humorous tone?

#15 Goggles Paesano

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 51 posts

Posted 23 May 2022 - 10:18 PM

View PostKnownswift, on 23 May 2022 - 12:10 AM, said:

You mean the guy well known for making fun of every little absurdity? The same one known for his humorous tone?

Yep

#16 Flea King Fleappuccino

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 56 posts

Posted 23 May 2022 - 10:57 PM

Looking forward to any Flea-related modes! xD

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users