#81 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 888 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 10 December 2022 - 12:24 AM

View PostVeeOt Dragon, on 09 December 2022 - 09:22 AM, said:

honestly i think the Clan vs IS was fine (again haven't played FP in a very long time). each side has their advantages. Clan has the longer range advantage generaly while IS mechs tend to be better armored. each side should and does have advantages and disadvantages. hell if you followed TT rules then all Clan Equipment would be downright better but Clans tended to bring fewer mechs to a fight than IS (they would essentially bid away units to see who would fight the foe. so one commander would say "i can beat them with just 8 mechs" an another would say "oh yeah i can do it with 6 and i wont take any Assault mechs". the commander who claimed the fewer/lighter units would get to fight and would gain more "honor" the fewer they brought compared to the enemy forces (win or lose with much more "honor" for the win of course).)

It works in TT because clan-tech is clan-tech there. Even base clan armour is superior than IS armour, omnimechs are easily as durable as IS mechs unlike in MWO. If MWO would implement clan-tech properly (what would be cool for a while) it would ruin the game (not so cool anywhile) because noone want be IS anymore if a clan Adder could beat your heavies in duel! Clan-tech vs IS tech were roughly equal by terms if mech ratio were 1-to-3 (4 at the beginning of invasion, considering the surprise factor) and lowered to 1-to-2 at 3060+ what is still a crippling advantage. It mean 10 clanners pitting against 12 spheroids at best (because clanners organised based on 5 not 3-4 like IS)...

#82 Destroyer69

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 June 2023 - 11:41 AM

View PostYondu Udonta, on 30 May 2022 - 08:28 AM, said:

[pic removed]
I rather wait an hour per match than to play with players that obviously do not belong in this game mode.

Um, what? everyone belongs in whatever game mode they select.

#83 VulkanNo1

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 33 posts
  • LocationGod's Country

Posted 01 June 2023 - 02:51 PM

And I don't belong in a heavy ppc commando. but i make it work.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users