• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,404 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 04 June 2022 - 11:48 AM

Has anyone else noticed that after this 24-May-2022 Patch,
the MWO Game Client is noticably more finicky on Internet Connection IP changes?

==> MWO, please fix this, because as recently as April 2022, MWO game client was not finicky on Internet Connection IP changes!

Allow me to explain:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
April-2022 ('before'):
I use 3 different internet connections, switching these at will on my notebook computer with no issues at all, been doing this for 2+ years**:
1) WiFi internet from home ISP provider (WiFi internet connection to my notebook computer)
2) Smartphone mobile data hotspot (also WiFi internet connection to my notebook computer)
3) WWAN (mobile broadband) connection with SIM card inside my notebook computer.

(1) is my default connection to internet.
Switching to (2) or (3) as needed, with no issues for 2+ years.

Post-24-May-2022 ('after'):

(1) is my default connection to internet.
Switching to (2) or (3) as needed, but MWO game client always says:

"A network error occured. Please check your internet connection."

Exiting MWO game client, and immediately restarting MWO game client, does not solve this problem.
(This is really annoying. Note that my browser & other programs can still access internet!!).

Rebooting my notebook computer will solve this problem.
(However, rebooting computer + starting/logging into MWO, then re-entering Quick Play session would take much too long, and usually is fatal to your mech AFK for so long!)

==> MWO, please fix this, because as recently as April 2022, MWO game client was not finicky on Internet Connection IP changes!

Note: '**' - Lenovo ThinkPad Extreme Gen 3, on Win10 Pro English 64-bit, fully patched.

Edited by w0qj, 04 June 2022 - 11:54 AM.

#2 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 04 June 2022 - 04:01 PM

I regret having to note this, but you absolutely will not be able to get PGI on fixing this level of network technology issue with MWO through a forum-based posting. Please go up to the top of this page, click "SUPPORT" so that the E-Mail for "TECHNICAL" is visible for your access, and send them an E-Mail with all the relevant details. Be advised however that they may try to push this problem back on your shoulders even if the trouble is theirs. It's also possible PGI blocked dynamic connection switching intentionally in order to stop certain forms of hacking attacks, or that some of their service providers did it because of problems they were having. :(

Any which way, why the heck are you switching connections while logged into MWO anyway? Have you tried flushing your TCP/IP DNS Cache when you have to switch connections? And why haven't you made it clear to others that they should not be forcing you to switch connections while linked into MWO actively? Do they have any understanding of how they're doing a serious wrong to you? Plus one last question... Why are you not using hardwired ethernet, when it doesn't really cost much to get a nice long cable? :o

~D. V. "Only way to repair your MWO network problem is through E-Mail unfortunately... Why do you have to switch anyway?" Devnull

(p.s.: Sorry that I'm sounding like the Spanish Inquisition here... I'm really trying to understand your situation better than I currently do!)

[Edit by the Post's Author as of 2022-06-04 @ 5:06 PM (GMT -7:00) because of a missing question & afterthought...]

Edited by D V Devnull, 04 June 2022 - 04:06 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users