A Little Break

4 replies to this topic

#1 Arriak

Rookie

• Galaxy Commander III
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 June 2022 - 10:25 PM

Well, after last skills tree update I've made myself a break from the game.

You guys caused my 70 mechs to reskill in order to play them again.

That's not ok. Skill trees were fine.

There was a bunch of other things the game lacks. One of the best maps is canyon network or emerald taiga. Why to not make 2-3 good maps instead ?

#2 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,748 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 22 June 2022 - 06:25 AM

You didn't have to re-skill them at all. They were playable exactly as you had them. (Missing a tiny bit of optimization maybe, but playable.) A minute or two in the mechlab for each one as you dust them off for drop isn't onerous at all.

#3 Stitchedup

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 133 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 22 June 2022 - 06:57 PM

i dont know, this would be the 3rd skill tree for me and with a stable 254 mechs this seams like the end to me

#4 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,748 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 22 June 2022 - 07:19 PM

View PostStitchedup, on 22 June 2022 - 06:57 PM, said:

i dont know, this would be the 3rd skill tree for me and with a stable 254 mechs this seams like the end to me

I'm in the same place, with over 200 mechs. I didn't skill them all at once, I did it slowly as I dusted them off to play them. And if you have that many, then the amount of free GSP you have should still be in the thousands from the first skill change, so you're sitting pretty for this one.

And again, all your mechs are just as usable as they were before, same skill points they've always had. You just have the OPTION to optimize them one at a time when you feel like it. I've done that for maybe 40 mechs, the others are not re-skilled and still gathering dust. At this point, 2 minutes to pull a mech out of mothballs is not an onerous ask.

#5 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,369 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 23 June 2022 - 09:10 PM

Hey, a warm welcome back to MWO!

1. Like ScrapIron Prime has already said, you can just play your fully skilled-up mechs exactly like before; it remains unchanged!

Just *remember* not to press the [Skill] tab, which would reset the invalid parts of your Skill Tree, with no recourse to revert back.

2. Congrats, you've already received 5 GSP per mech that you've owned as of May 2022 !
So you already have a decent pool of GSP to work with, for your very very favorite mechs that you wish to reset its Skill Tree!

3. Other methods to conserve your GSP:

3a. Budget way: just play with your favorite mechs (Hero mechs preferred), grind for both CBills and GXP.
GXP builds up slowly over time, but you would have a pocketful of it by playing with your favorite mechs and having fun!
Then use your GXP pool to cover the Skill Tree reset if at all possible, while conserving your GSP.

3b. Middle way: there are "Quadruple XP Conversion" events once every few months, allowing you to use your MC to convert some of your favorite mech's excess XP>>GXP, at special conversion rate of 1:100 (normal rate is 1:25).
I use this method, and expend the free MC from the monthly event(s)!

Especially if you join some of those Teams that are obsessed with Kill/Death ratio, they may ask that you to almost instant-skill-up your newly bought mech. I purposely chose a Team that gives me no such pressure on K/D ratio and other such stats...

Anyways, do remember to just have fun playing MWO!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users