Grizzled Old MechAssault Pilots Wanted

22 replies to this topic

#1 Reckless Galaxy

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 06:15 PM

That's right... I said it! MechAssault!!!

I loved that game. Its the only Xbox game I ever really got addicted to (2 years well wasted lol).

I'm looking for some of those old MA vets who are interested in bringing that sense of teamwork and gamesmanship to MW.

I have played MW off and on for years but never got as deep as I wanted.

-If you are into true teamwork and want to learn this whole universe together we want you

-If you are an experienced MW vet and wouldn't mind teaching some quick learners some new skills we want you

-I just want what I had back then. Great skillful players that didn't take it too too seriously.... but still kicked some *** and had some fun

Any of you guys still out there???

Reckless Galaxy

Edited by Reckless Galaxy, 09 January 2012 - 01:50 PM.

#2 Hellen Wheels

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,326 posts
  • LocationDraconis March

Posted 31 December 2011 - 06:40 PM

MA was a boss game, spent many hours laying waste there.

Count me in.

H

#3 Reckless Galaxy

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 09:10 AM

What's up Helen Wheels?

What was your gamer tag back then?

Just wondering if there are any more of us out there?

Edited by Reckless Galaxy, 07 January 2012 - 09:12 AM.

#4 Ian McMullen

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 09:23 AM

Loved the game. Been playing this game since it was BattleTech so long ago.

#5 GaussDragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,183 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 07 January 2012 - 11:07 AM

Find Redbeard, I think he has a fansite for MA.

#6 Virgo

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 21 posts
  • LocationAmherst, MA

Posted 07 January 2012 - 11:36 PM

I DESPISED the game as I started to play through it. It wasn't a simulator, you upgraded weapons by running over ammo, and it was third person! Since when is an Alpha Strike the Kamehameha Wave??

Then I started to play online... and my god did that game kick so much ***! MA2 was my bread and butter. So long as I was the host (to reduce latency), nobody could touch me in battle armor/Elemental. The Live community for that game was so much better mannered than anywhere you'll find on Live today; as much as I love Halo 2, that's when griefing became common to Xbox.

I digress, massively. Sign me up; I can't wait dodge PPCs in an Atlas!

*I've got a decent amount of experience in Virtual World pods and MW3/4

Edited by Virgo, 07 January 2012 - 11:38 PM.

#7 Reckless Galaxy

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 11:14 AM

I think that when you consider it was a roll out title for X=Box Live it's amazing how many things they got right. The lobby system, the game balance, the matchmaking......the bum rushing. Oh .... the bum rushing.

Good times.

#8 Xake

• PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • LocationThe Rift (MICHIGAN)

Posted 24 January 2012 - 04:57 PM

Finally! I have been going over these recruitment threads for a couple days now (I think my eyes are bleeding) and i must have missed this one.

Anyways, I have also been looking for some MA/MA2 players. It was an awesome time to be an XBox gamer.

I co-founded a clan/guild called FIRST STRIKE with Izzamgapp, RoboShaman, RobosGirl, Nightmare13, Barroom Hero, and r0b. My tag was SkullSplitter.

We faced off against clans like La Oonda, DoC, and quite a few others. We had shifting alliances, mutinies, blackballing ... it ROCKED.

#9 Mechwarrior Xbox

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 28 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:24 PM

Man, I used to play what feels like eons ago with OMA(One Man Army) and Rage. It's a shame the original xbox live got shut down. I'd tell you guys to add me but, my friends list is full. It's a crying shame that the only mech game on the horizon is Armored Core 5 and that it's going to be terrible. Atleast with very few minor tweaks MWO could be ported over to the 360.

#10 Phantom Viceroy

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 04:15 PM

I'm still looking things over. Costs, etc. I'm not a big fan of Online games. I'm currently with AOE Online, and it's a bit of a disappointment. I played MW3/4 extensively and liked online MP alot. I even played in a clan for a little while. I can't remember the name. It's been so long. There was loads of lag and most battles came down to how well you could circle strafe and time the lag. The site says there will be less of that in this game. We'll see. I don't have any MA experience, but I heard it was a great game. I just never went the way of the console. It's PC for me.

I'll admit that MP intimidates me these days, but if you think you can help to show this ol dog some new tricks, I'm in. I might need a bit to come back up to speed, but I'd sure like to give it a try. That is, if it doesn't require a bank loan. Remember, Free to Play ain't free.

#11 Seker

Rookie

• 8 posts
  • LocationBoreal Reach Arena on Solaris

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:01 AM

I played MA and MA2 quite a lot back in the day. Mainly a Summoner pilot. Ready to jump back into the fray and slaughter the will to live.

#12 Einzelganger

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • LocationU.S.A

Posted 10 March 2012 - 07:29 PM

MA is what brought me into the MW in the first place.
I'm with ya 100%

#13 Vigilant Spear

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 04:42 PM

Count me in... I am an old Mechwarrior Merc vet, but MA and MA2 were just too good to ignore. Got a name for your rag-tag crew? What do I care...I'm just in it for the money... Seriously though, i'll be waiting to see what up with this clan.

#14 Ice Dragon

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 11:11 PM

LOL. Hope I never have to face GOMP on the battlefield. That is a great merc company acronym

#15 Espionner

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 11:50 AM

I'd like to get involved too. I work great in teams and as a role Intel.

#16 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:15 PM

Looking forward to meet you on the battlefield and show you how true mechs rule. ;)

#17 Azantia

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:41 PM

As much I am a supporter of this community, I have to be a bit negative here....I played mechassault a few times online, and....you have a LARGE learning curve if you have not played TRUE mechwarrior games online. I will say it again. LARGE. LEARNING. CURVE. I suggest you try to get into some MW : Living Legends games or fire up the free to play Mechwarrior 4 Mercs Mektek and try to get in with some of the community here, they can set you up......Now im not saying you cant adapt and be great mechwarriors, however...if you think Mechwarrior Online is going to be your arcade style shoot em up with mech skins...wow, you have another thing coming. If you fire up MWLL or Mektek 4 you will see, Learning to pilot a mech to a high degree of precision can be a challenge to the newer mechwarrior in a True mechwarrior game. Mechassault made piloting the battlemech easy, with the X-box controller and its dual analog sticks, one for movement, one for reticule control and torso twist, forward to go, back to reverse. One thing i didnt like about Mechassault was the fact that the mechs were more like an infantry soldier in the degree of "fine control" you had in turning while moving etc....different mechs have different levels of maneuverability AND in order to turn quickly, you have to slow down....you really didnt have to manage your heat in MA. too much heat you couldnt fire, thats it. Too much heat here and you will shutdown in the middle of combat or have an ammo explosion

Overall they are very different games. Im glad you guys are here and plan to be a part of the community, but this game is nothing like mechassault. Good luck guys, see you around the community.

Edited by Azantia, 12 March 2012 - 12:52 PM.

#18 Darren Hawke

• PipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 25 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:45 PM

View PostEinzelganger, on 10 March 2012 - 07:29 PM, said:

MA is what brought me into the MW in the first place.
I'm with ya 100%

Same. I really wished they had done a PC port as well.

#19 Red Beard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 845 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:08 PM

For any pilots interested in having a look, here:

http://www.reignofthunder.com/

This game is being made by the same guys that made MA1 and 2! It is going into beta soon, so if you are interested in being a beta tester, go register! Feel free to use my name: Red Beard as a reference!

I played more MA than anyone I know and I am super excited to be alive this year. There is more mech goodness coming to our unworthy souls in 2012 than I think I can handle. I personally have already got my rig up and nearly ready. This is gonna be a big year. We have MW:O, a must if you are into the sim style games, and now Reign of Thunder is coming to fill the gap that MechAssault left behind. What did we do to deserve all of this?

How did this thread get past me for so long?!

Edited by Red Beard, 21 March 2012 - 01:09 PM.

#20 Red Beard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 845 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:22 PM

I am like three months late....man this sucks!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users