31 replies to this topic

#21 Ken Harkin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 336 posts
  • LocationLong Island, New York, USA

Posted 06 August 2022 - 03:39 PM

The med/hvy conquest played very different than a normal drop.

#22 RickySpanish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,511 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 06 August 2022 - 08:12 PM

View PostKnownswift, on 06 August 2022 - 06:16 AM, said:

And now you understand the issues inherent to dropdecks and also knowing the map before you pick a mech.

I sometimes wonder where opinions like this come from, did you smack your head on the keyboard and somehow a sentence formed? Issues inherent with selecting a series of 'Mechs for a known map, game mode and dare I say, phases of a match? Please sir, what issues are these exactly? The issues resulting from not properly exercising a greater tactical breadth than the usual soup queue nonsense? Oh no! You can CHOOSE what 'Mech to bring!! How shall I cope with this unfair situation?!

#23 Knownswift

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 269 posts

Posted 06 August 2022 - 10:08 PM

View PostRickySpanish, on 06 August 2022 - 08:12 PM, said:

I sometimes wonder where opinions like this come from,

I guess you didn't read the first post or any of the posts in this thread.

Dropdecks, especially with with solos and without coordination, can be awful. This is especially true on the receiving end of a bad match. This usually turns into spawn camping the other team until the match is over. Although I will concede that the red team is for more likely to secure an objective victory in event Q than in faction, this doesn't prevent people from ignoring for the much more profitable farm.

Knowing which map be chosen ahead of time gets pretty stale, as others have outlined you end up seeing the same things on the same map.

I like eventQ when it is a straight up mutator mode. Definitely at it's best when it's straight up silly.

But since you asked, I formed my opinion over a few hundred hours of playing faction.

Edited by Knownswift, 06 August 2022 - 10:09 PM.

#24 BellatorMonk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 617 posts
  • LocationWallet Closed PGI Knows Why

Posted 06 August 2022 - 10:29 PM

The Light/Med Caustic Domination was the best...serious. Forced knife fighting with low vis....just amazing. Oddly enough..I have not seen any "top" players in this mode....

Edited by BellatorMonk, 06 August 2022 - 10:48 PM.

#25 Bassault

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • 366 posts

Posted 07 August 2022 - 05:59 AM

View PostWereGenie, on 05 August 2022 - 10:58 PM, said:

The problem with that is the only way to avoid being "farmed" is to drop out of the game. I won't do that. when they can fire into your spawn from 3 directions the only way to fight back is to have the same guns they do. I am a brawler. not a sniper, but I have had to replace all my SNPPCs, HG and AC20s with Gauss Rifles, ERLL and ERPPC just to be compeitive. The stupid map encourages snipers and when they know it is the map ONLY snipers can play. THAT is the bad part, this mode is encouraging 1-dimensional play.

Maybe you need to realize that slow and big mechs + short range is a bad combination unless you're in a very specific situation. Slow and long-range is a very good combination because long range alleviates your poor ability to close in on enemies. Short range requires that you close in on enemies. So, if being slow makes it harder to engage enemies, and being short ranged requires getting close to enemies, then maybe you need to either position yourself in a way where the enemies will run into you or you need to go mid or long range.

Edited by I LOVE ANNIHILATORS, 07 August 2022 - 06:01 AM.

#26 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 07 August 2022 - 07:52 AM

View PostWereGenie, on 05 August 2022 - 06:34 PM, said:

Look I know MM is broken in this game. But, Event Queue is ridiculous. I have been in 3 games so far and every game recognized someone on the Red team from YouTube videos posted by TTB or NGNG. EVERY DAMN GAME, I am Tier5, why am I fighting 4+ Tier 1 players on the other team?
The last game, 2 players with Crusader Craels were In our spawn area. They knew which way the mechs would face at Spawn and ripped us up from behind with MGs before we could even turn around!! THIS is why people are leaving this game, I have only been playing since late April/early May and I can see this game is on life support, Does ANYONE in authority even CARE???

When has NGNG ever been tough to beat?

So thats how TTB gets away with trash builds... he fights teir 5 players. Makes sence.

#27 1Exitar1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 253 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Milkyway Galaxy

Posted 07 August 2022 - 09:18 AM

The players that spawn camp are crappy players that can't play the game the way it is meant to be played. I say this from the point of view of a person that has been around since before the start of the internet and played a LOT of games.

#28 Hunka Junk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 968 posts
  • LocationDrok's Forge

Posted 07 August 2022 - 06:58 PM

This is ridiculous.

The event teams were more evenly matched simply because groups were not allowed to drop.

Most matches were evenly balanced and ended close.

No one said the matchmaker would be used for the event either.

TLDR: Balance during the event was better than in Quickplay.

#29 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,818 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 07 August 2022 - 09:06 PM

View Post1Exitar1, on 07 August 2022 - 09:18 AM, said:

The players that spawn camp are crappy players that can't play the game the way it is meant to be played. I say this from the point of view of a person that has been around since before the start of the internet and played a LOT of games.

Uh… spawn camping basically IS the internet. This isn’t new, and it’s not new inMWO either if you’re at all familiar with Faction Play. When you’re losing badly enough to get beaten back to your LZ, you’re going to keep taking losses, like a boxer on the ropes.

#30 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 07 August 2022 - 11:25 PM

View Postmartian, on 05 August 2022 - 10:29 PM, said:

If you do not like being farmed, then the logical thing would be not to go to the place where they farm you.

The spawn is not a place you can stay away from, think before you type.

#31 KarlP

• The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 August 2022 - 11:28 PM

View PostMaddermax, on 06 August 2022 - 02:07 AM, said:

I also saw you in a game, where someone (might of even been you, not sure) got backstabbed at spawn by a Madcat II that had walked around the map, and called it on coms. I was across the map, but called for people to clear him out (for whatever such a call is worth), as that could have gone very badly for us. Just to add some verisimilitude to your story.

Luckily, other that that it was a good fight. While snipers are absolutely a thing on a tourmaline, especially without lights to keep them honest, I managed to clear a few by flanking around that D7 sniper nest, and getting some easy kills, as snipers have poor DPS one you get close. So I did get in some good brawls with my LBX10 Sleipnir and SNPPC Awesome, you just have to be careful, it’s not all about range.

Also, the invisible walls protecting that D7 sniper nest were super annoying when I did get my AC2 Ultraviolet out to snipe back.

verisimilitude! What a badass word!

#32 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,789 posts

Posted 08 August 2022 - 12:33 AM

View PostNomad Tech, on 07 August 2022 - 11:25 PM, said:

The spawn is not a place you can stay away from, think before you type.

My post was not about the spawns, but thanks for your effort anyway.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users