Snubbergeddon 2022 - Favourite Builds

19 replies to this topic

#1 Maddermax

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 393 posts

Posted 06 August 2022 - 04:04 AM

Or how I learned to stop worrying and love the Snub.

So, since the Snub buff, they're everywhere, and I have to say I'm loving it at the moment. While I know they'll probably have to adjust it back in line, it's been a lot of fun brawling these last few weeks, and also putting together new mechs to abuse Snubs ever harder just for the hell of it.

This thead isn't about SNPPC balance (There's a whole thread for that already), but to just share your favorite snub builds of the moment, whether meta builds or memes, before it gets nerfed.

Some of the ones I'm using:

Snuburban mech um-r80 (2xSNPPC)

A meta build that combines two Snubs on a fairly fast and tough chassis, with an excellent pop-tarting profile and the best ECM in the game. Definitely a winner, it's DPS is lower than many other options, but it makes up for it by finding more opportunities to fire. I take mine with a small laser for a little extra DPS, and to bait out torso twisted enemies, but most people would put in an extra jump jet.

Snubback hbk-4h LFE or hbk-4h XL (4xSNPPC)

4xSNPPCs on a Hunchback with nothing in the hunch. Despite the lowish mounts, it's something me and my friends had a laugh about, then put together, and enjoyed it so much I've been playing it often. The great energy cooldown and heatgen quirks make it a really quite capable brawler, with the firepower of a boom Jaeger in a much lighter chassis. I like the XL version for this, but if you want to be a bit less cautious about it, the LFE version is still very good. I've had quite a few 800+ damage games in this thing.

Grand Snubbon drg-1g (4xSNPPC)

My friends favourite Grand Dragon, goes 87kph on a tough chassis. A good spread of hard points, you can cause a lot of damage with this, then speed off to a new spot while you cool.

Snubsome (Snawsome?) aws-8q (6xSNPPC)
Of course the premier IS PPC mech needs a go, with 6xSNPPCs. Able to fire 3 SNPPCs at a time, you get 90 damage from the double tap. With PPC Range, heat and velocity quirks, it's just a nasty brawler, and you can make many mechs regret walking into the wrong alley.

SnubNihilator anh-1e (7xSNPPC)

The big daddy of meta snub builds, it can fire 3 at a time and has some good PPC quirks. Probably best taken as a 6xSNPPC build, the 7 SNPPC build is pretty spicy, but each round of fire from it does up to 105 damage to an enemy mech, and it's on a pretty tanky chassis. It has arm mounts, so firing mobility is good, it's just a pity they hang a bit low, so shooting over ridges can be a real pain.

So, I've seen Atlasnubs, Snub ravens, Snub Grinners and more, so post some of your favorite options for the snubpocalpyse below.

Edited by Maddermax, 06 August 2022 - 04:20 AM.

#2 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,566 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 06 August 2022 - 05:56 AM

Perhaps it's high time to set up the local chapter of snub nose PPC anonymous for MWO folks ;)

#3 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,880 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 06 August 2022 - 07:19 AM

I’ve been alternating between a Banshee LM with three plus an MRM40, and a Vulcan 5S with three. I welcome the upcoming nerfening.

#4 Vorpal Puppy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 250 posts

Posted 06 August 2022 - 06:35 PM

Vulcan 5S with 3 snubs is very strong.

#5 Meep Meep

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,894 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 07 August 2022 - 12:34 AM

I think its great that so many mechs can benefit from them and makes many meh mechs spicy again. Just need to adjust ghost heat so the heavies and assaults boating six of them in a triple right left punch are not so heat efficient. Otherwise two of them are in a pretty good balance point past maybe upping heat a point or so.

#6 jjm1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hell Fork
  • Hell Fork
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 07 August 2022 - 12:52 AM

snub-amoto-chi. snubphract. vulcsnub.

bring out all your trash and put snubs on it before you have to put them back on the trash heap.

#7 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,138 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 07 August 2022 - 05:52 AM

I tried the snub Anni its arms are too low to be really good.

Snub Kaiju is another 6 snubber

Edited by Nomad Tech, 07 August 2022 - 05:56 AM.

#8 RockmachinE

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 11 August 2022 - 06:40 AM

You people disgust me

Edited by Louis Brofist, 11 August 2022 - 06:54 AM.

#9 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,513 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 12 August 2022 - 06:36 AM

Sorry what? Are these snub builds? I can't quite see them from all the way out here in the land of Clan ER-PPC optimal range. You could come closer, but my Black Lanner moves faster than any 'Mech carrying even one of those snoot boopers.

#10 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,880 posts

Posted 12 August 2022 - 10:02 AM

View PostRickySpanish, on 12 August 2022 - 06:36 AM, said:

Sorry what? Are these snub builds? I can't quite see them from all the way out here in the land of Clan ER-PPC optimal range. You could come closer, but my Black Lanner moves faster than any 'Mech carrying even one of those snoot boopers.

Yeah, but most people run stompy bots, not fleet footed little blighters like your Lanner. Same damage as the clan peep for half the heat, all they need to do is close on the Dire Office Building to end it.

I welcome the upcoming snub nerfening... but I'm going to spam them every day until then. My PSR is loving them. Posted Image

#11 Flyby215

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 892 posts
  • LocationThunder Bay

Posted 17 August 2022 - 04:04 PM

Snubapult? Snubpult? Catasnub?

I like Snubapult...

Butterbee 3xSnub with 4xRocket 20s, JJ's. Couple matches 1000+ several kills, worked well enough. Finding people still shoot for the ears, even though I'm not packing anything there after the first salvo.

K2 4xSnubs. Bit tricky firing them 2 by 2, no JJ's, kind of slow... Varied matches; some disastrous sub-200s, others well into the 1000s; lots of kills. Seems the K2 draws more fire than the BB; not sure if that's because it's seen as more threatening, or the lack of JJ's means I'm an easier target. (probably the latter)

Hellsnubber (Hellslinger). 4xSnubs. I know a lot of people run this with 6; I found it too hot. I just use 4, big engine and loaded with heat sinks. Had a few matches nearing 1000, multiple kills; got shown up by Bulletsponge0 who on his first attempt pulled over 1200 damage with 6 kills (3 solo I think?) showing me how it's done.

#12 Rondoe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 257 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 17 August 2022 - 11:33 PM

I have to admit, I am part of snubbergeddon.

I bought the helllslinger mech (ty to who put their snub build in another thread) just for this purpose.

It is fun!

Actually-mad respect to those who post their builds open on the forums- it is much appreciated, they are fun! I have learned a lot,

my match scores and psr are so much better now, still T5 but it great to see the bar move up more often now than non-existent!

#13 1453 R

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 18 August 2022 - 06:23 AM

Will admit, have not purchased and piloted it in a game, but I find myself moderately tempted to after roughing it out in the Testing Grounds: Charging Snubs Hidden Beamspam

The SL quirks on the Charger are stupidiculous levels of stupidiculous, but the seven-smalls Chargers are still crappy memes. Mate the minilaser array to a couple of snubs to give it some chunk and the ability to shoot-and-twist at need instead of needing to constantly face stare for the mini beams (not to mention giving it the ability to actually hit UAVs and damage armor at 600m, even if not by a lot) and it starts being actually fun to pilot.

#14 Hunka Junk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 968 posts
  • LocationDrok's Forge

Posted 18 August 2022 - 06:34 AM

View PostRickySpanish, on 12 August 2022 - 06:36 AM, said:

Snavelin has entered the chat.

#15 feeWAIVER

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,724 posts

Posted 18 August 2022 - 08:13 AM

Snub Locust 1V

#16 Ronan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted 18 August 2022 - 09:48 AM

View PostfeeWAIVER, on 18 August 2022 - 08:13 AM, said:

Snub Locust 1V

Snubust.

#17 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,880 posts

Posted 18 August 2022 - 10:19 AM

Just for fun I tried 6 snubs on an Annihilator 1E and tried chain fire... like a Rotary Snub Cannon. Sadly... it worked well. Too well. Nerf plz.

#18 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,513 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 24 August 2022 - 10:49 AM

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 18 August 2022 - 10:19 AM, said:

Just for fun I tried 6 snubs on an Annihilator 1E and tried chain fire... like a Rotary Snub Cannon. Sadly... it worked well. Too well. Nerf plz.

You want to nerf Snub Annie? Attack it from 631m.

#19 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 24 August 2022 - 01:44 PM

yup. that Snubhilator is damn-fun - but it has so many drawbacks.. srsly: if you get it to work, good for you - but the opposition is to blame for that ;-)

Edited by Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie, 24 August 2022 - 01:44 PM.

#20 BellatorMonk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 617 posts
  • LocationWallet Closed PGI Knows Why

Posted 25 August 2022 - 02:50 PM

View PostTeenage Mutant Ninja Urbie, on 24 August 2022 - 01:44 PM, said:

yup. that Snubhilator is damn-fun - but it has so many drawbacks.. srsly: if you get it to work, good for you - but the opposition is to blame for that ;-)

How would you know this? Do you play one?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users