[Betty Suggestion] Add The Ability To Speed Up Betty's Voice Or Let Us Mod That Again

No replies to this topic

#1 Arvex

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 August 2022 - 12:25 PM

Nothing against the voice actress PGI hired to record the lines for Betty, but I think most people can agree that Betty reads important messages way too slow. It's only made worse by how she has to read off every attached component if an arm or side torso gets destroyed or when you're under an LRM boats sights.

"Left torso destroyed. Left arm destroyed. Incoming missiles. AC/20 destroyed. AC/20 ammo destroyed. Incoming missiles. Heat Critical. Heat sink destroyed." Goes on forever because she reads it at close to two syllables per second. And if you're someone who listens for those heat critical notices, then you'll shut down before you hear it because it's so far back in the queue.

The solution used to be using a mod pack to replace the voice lines with those of a previous MechWarrior game, but from what I can tell, those voice clips cannot be replaced anymore. Some people ran the MechWarrior 3 Betty. By the time I learned of this, the ability to use those mods was disabled.

I doubt a request to have a new voice set for Betty be recorded would get far, so I want to propose much cheaper and simpler alternatives.
  • Allow us to speed up the voice lines of Betty. Just a little slider in our Audio menu that increases the speed she reads off her lines.
  • Restore the ability to use Betty voice pack mods again would be nice.
  • Priority system were more time sensitive notifications (like heat) from Betty will interrupt the current one.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users