September 2X Free Mechs Event!

75 replies to this topic

#41 XenoWraith

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 32 posts

Posted 10 September 2022 - 12:28 PM

View PostRonbo, on 08 September 2022 - 08:37 PM, said:

whats the preferred build for this Orion VA for solaris? SRMs and AC20?

Probably SRM6s and an UAC 20. Lot of punching potential.

#42 PocketYoda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 10 September 2022 - 04:45 PM

20k Match score is doable. Depends on how much you play and how well you do in it. That said i agree the AMS rewards removal completely was a mistake. So many stopped using them.

#43 ambosen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Aggressor
  • The Aggressor
  • 120 posts

Posted 10 September 2022 - 07:11 PM

Kind of funny both mechs are ones I didn't see anyone running during the matches I played once during the entire length of the event.

Edited by ambosen, 10 September 2022 - 07:11 PM.

#44 ambosen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Aggressor
  • The Aggressor
  • 120 posts

Posted 10 September 2022 - 07:17 PM

Also, didn't the AMS score changes also correspond after the defacto LRM nerfs via buffing radar deprevation and ECM by making it much easier and cheaper to max both out skill point wise? I know there seems to be a lot less missiles flying around in general in most matches I've played post those changes.

#45 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,580 posts

Posted 11 September 2022 - 12:02 AM

View PostNomad Tech, on 10 September 2022 - 04:45 PM, said:

20k Match score is doable. Depends on how much you play and how well you do in it.

As always. Posted Image

That said i agree the AMS rewards removal completely was a mistake.

I do not think so. You equipp one in the Mechlab and that is all. You do not have to touch it for the rest of the game. Your (L)AMS works automatically.

There is no "piloting or gunnery skill" element, so it makes sense that it no longer counts towards the Pilot Skill Rating.

So many stopped using them.

Their choice, I would say. What really matters is if you put it on your 'Mech.

#46 The Chancelor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 160 posts

Posted 11 September 2022 - 02:16 AM

View PostCyrilis, on 09 September 2022 - 02:15 AM, said:

20k matchscore is quite a call... Nothing against a challange, but that one will most probably need a deadline extension.

Trie mechwarriors do not need extensions^^

#47 xX PUG Xx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationThe other side of nowhere

Posted 11 September 2022 - 03:44 PM

20000 Match Score attained; all rewards "redeemed" on the event page, nothing received in-game.

Anyone else had this?

#48 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,369 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 11 September 2022 - 05:59 PM

Hey, congrats on achieving your 20k match points so quickly!!

Did you get your reward yet?

1. If you redeem your Event rewards from mwomercs.com webpage, it can take up to 30 minutes to get it, and you might even need to log out / log in for your MWO game client (program) to trigger reward injection!
https://mwomercs.com/events/465

2. Better method and more consistent, for your infomation:
Next time while inside your MWO game client mechlab, press the "E" on the bottom of the screen, and select [Active_Events],
go to your Event with rewards, press [Redeem].

You almost get instantaneous reward injection using above (2) method!

View PostxX PUG Xx, on 11 September 2022 - 03:44 PM, said:

20000 Match Score attained; all rewards "redeemed" on the event page, nothing received in-game. ...

#49 Mark Yore

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Deadset Legend
  • Deadset Legend
  • 215 posts

Posted 11 September 2022 - 11:38 PM

And that's done.

Finished the last game with my Nightstar 10-P doing 1,347 points of damage and running out of ammo... Posted Image

Now back to skilling up the other mechs.

#50 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 473 posts

Posted 12 September 2022 - 12:05 AM

Prodigally. Thx, PGI!

#51 xX PUG Xx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationThe other side of nowhere

Posted 12 September 2022 - 02:53 AM

View Postw0qj, on 11 September 2022 - 05:59 PM, said:

Hey, congrats on achieving your 20k match points so quickly!!

Did you get your reward yet?

1. If you redeem your Event rewards from mwomercs.com webpage, it can take up to 30 minutes to get it, and you might even need to log out / log in for your MWO game client (program) to trigger reward injection!
https://mwomercs.com/events/465

2. Better method and more consistent, for your infomation:
Next time while inside your MWO game client mechlab, press the "E" on the bottom of the screen, and select [Active_Events],
go to your Event with rewards, press [Redeem].

You almost get instantaneous reward injection using above (2) method!

Nothing had been received when I logged off last night. I checked the in-game event screen to make sure everything was showing as redeemed and they are; I have received none of the rewards from any tier as far as I can tell and definitely not the two 'Mechs. To be honest with the number of 'Mechs I own, I'm not that fussed about them but if it highlights a problem that affects other players then I'll report it to PGi.

#52 Kodan Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 375 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts, USA

Posted 12 September 2022 - 05:26 AM

View Postmartian, on 11 September 2022 - 12:02 AM, said:

I do not think so. You equipp one in the Mechlab and that is all. You do not have to touch it for the rest of the game. Your (L)AMS works automatically.

There is no "piloting or gunnery skill" element, so it makes sense that it no longer counts towards the Pilot Skill Rating.

This is valid, but one thing this game really misses out on is the value in helping others. Had plenty of games last night where 3 of us grouped made the difference over and over again in our Shards. We capped out the enemy even though we were down in mechs. We pressured and eliminated snipers so our team could advance without taking damage. Having an AMS is a benefit to the team -- often I grab a Kit Fox when playing in a group because of the benefit. It should be encouraged to help out your team as far too often you see play more suited to individual combat and not team dynamics.

#53 Mochyn Pupur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 521 posts
  • LocationDerby, England

Posted 12 September 2022 - 07:31 AM

View PostxX PUG Xx, on 12 September 2022 - 02:53 AM, said:

Nothing had been received when I logged off last night. I checked the in-game event screen to make sure everything was showing as redeemed and they are; I have received none of the rewards from any tier as far as I can tell and definitely not the two 'Mechs. To be honest with the number of 'Mechs I own, I'm not that fussed about them but if it highlights a problem that affects other players then I'll report it to PGi.

Running around 12 - 48 hours for redeem; usual thing for PGI really :/

#54 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,580 posts

Posted 12 September 2022 - 08:41 AM

View PostKodan Black, on 12 September 2022 - 05:26 AM, said:

This is valid, but one thing this game really misses out on is the value in helping others. Had plenty of games last night where 3 of us grouped made the difference over and over again in our Shards. We capped out the enemy even though we were down in mechs. We pressured and eliminated snipers so our team could advance without taking damage. Having an AMS is a benefit to the team -- often I grab a Kit Fox when playing in a group because of the benefit. It should be encouraged to help out your team as far too often you see play more suited to individual combat and not team dynamics.

Encouraging the team gameplay? No problem.

Thinking that (L)AMS that requires zero piloting skill to use and zero player's skill to hit enemy missiles should boost one's Pilot Skill Rating? Well, no.

#55 Kodan Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 375 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts, USA

Posted 12 September 2022 - 12:43 PM

View Postmartian, on 12 September 2022 - 08:41 AM, said:

Encouraging the team gameplay? No problem.

Thinking that (L)AMS that requires zero piloting skill to use and zero player's skill to hit enemy missiles should boost one's Pilot Skill Rating? Well, no.

No, but then again the current (and to be fair the prior where AMS got you MS) PSR calculation is ... bad. I have so many hilarious screenshots of matches where I got a down arrow despite multiple kills, etc.

#56 Adarven

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 70 posts
  • LocationPrague, Czech Republic

Posted 13 September 2022 - 12:08 AM

Finished yesterday - I did not get the rewards via webpage, so somewhere at the middle I started to pick them up directly in the game client, which worked for me. I am back in MWO after 2,5 years break, and I feel change in a gameplay. But its fun, making my way to T1 (I need like 1 more week of playing to get there). I am happy that my favourite mech still works (BAS-B dakka) because that was the one I used the most to achieve the final reward.

#57 Roger HAMMOND

Rookie

• Big Brother
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 September 2022 - 01:53 AM

View PostHamHamLGB, on 09 September 2022 - 05:47 AM, said:

Can you talk more about this? A couple months ago I had been taking out my 7A and having good match scores with it. Are you saying that AMS doesn't effect it any longer or are you just saying it can't be manipulated?
Just bring a missile boat instead of AMSboats ;-P

#58 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 13 September 2022 - 07:19 AM

I personally do not feel excited over either of those mechs enough to fight through 20k match score.. I'm gonna give this month a miss myself..

Both imo are pretty lackluster mechs in Quickplay at least.

#59 teuchy

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 September 2022 - 02:58 PM

2 free mechs is great, but making neither of them available until you hit 20K match score is pretty harsh for those of us with limited free time. Could you not make one free at 10K and the second free at 20K?

#60 Sawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 402 posts

Posted 13 September 2022 - 04:23 PM

WELL i think if the EVENT CUE can be used in a way that those mechs are useful, maybe there is something there : )

SAWK CLANNER

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users