70 replies to this topic

#61 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,580 posts

Posted 27 September 2022 - 09:11 AM

View PostSteve Pryde, on 26 September 2022 - 01:19 PM, said:

Fix the map or remove it from the game. The map is just unplayable without at least a single jump jet.

I had a lot of fun on Terra Therma Classic, even though I deployed in MAD-IIC-A(S) Marauder IIC with no Jumping capability.

Posted Image

Just in this game I watched my steps and I ended up with the highest number of kills and the highest Match Score:

Posted Image

The only problem was when my lancemate stepped in front of my 'Mech and the friendly damage hurt my Match Score.

Posted Image

Or this good game: The highest Match Score and the highest kill count ...

Posted Image

... and lots of rewards on top of that. Posted Image
Posted Image

This Christmas Marauder IIC rocked, even without Jump Jets.

And the best thing is that I did not have to pay for it, since this Christmas 'Mech came for free. Posted Image

#62 Trollolololo McDankydank

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 September 2022 - 09:26 AM

View PostTheCaptainJZ, on 27 September 2022 - 08:28 AM, said:

The settings for Domination were good, though the timer should be raised (even in QP I think) to 2 minutes and the destruction of the MFB should add 30 seconds.
The limit on Conquest needed to be doubled to 1500 as other stated.
The design feels good overall but the conquest circle needs centered in Stonehenge because one side can be in the circle from the outside pillar but the other team has to be inside by one of their rocks to be in the circle and more exposed. And as others have stated, the ground is bumpy and navigation isn't smooth. I'd also like to see smaller rocks scattered around for cover for a single mech. And two ramps to get from the lower level up to the top level roughly around the circumference of the conquest circle.
On the cosmetic side, I noticed there are almost no spots where your mech is able to walk on exposed lava like the original, and that's a great change. However, I would have liked to see the metal bridgework incorporated into the center area in some fashion instead of being flat-out removed. I didn't see anyone on top of Stonehenge but it should probably be out of bounds. Inside the tops of mountains (with lava) around the map as well, just to protect against a lone Spider drawing out a Skirmish timer, for instance.
Overall, it was fun to play Domination with drop decks. Conquest was too short and I never got to drop more than 2 mechs.
The map needs polish and some tweaking, otherwise, it's a better design than the original where everyone bottlenecked in the entrances and there was no cover to get to the middle.

I saw several people during regular and urbie jumping up on top. They were a frustration when your team had no one built to jj up there and chase them down. The sad truth is that I rarely saw them die because most people were more focused on the people in their face...but more power to them fir building for it. I think it should stay in boynds, but I agree to them needing to make the two sides a bit more symmetrical. It wasn't an insurmountable issue, but it certainly didn't help.

#63 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,575 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 27 September 2022 - 12:09 PM

On the cosmetic side, I noticed there are almost no spots where your mech is able to walk on exposed lava like the original, and that's a great change. However, I would have liked to see the metal bridgework incorporated into the center area in some fashion instead of being flat-out removed.

I miss the metal scaffolding, too - maybe put it down below with some "geothermal survey equipment?" I also think I would like to see lava (and other hazards) be more hazardous.

I did. Some Medium sniper build. Needs to be a way for Assaults to get up there, rather than just being inaccessible, by my preference.

#64 RalphyNoPants

• PipPip
  • CS 2023 Referee
  • CS 2023 Referee
  • 34 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationKaetetôã

Posted 27 September 2022 - 12:30 PM

It’s a good map, calling it terra firma classic is incorrect though.

#65 AmbidXtrousGNOME

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • 102 posts

Posted 27 September 2022 - 01:27 PM

Enjoyed the event but there are A LOT of edges and cracks to get stuck on. Felt like I was getting stuck on the floor everywhere in the center on the top plate. Will there be any updates to smooth out the sharp corners? It was fun until trying to back up in a 100T mech while blocking incoming fire with my face and then getting stuck on a pebble leading to my demise. Even the surrounding geometry has some issues. I took an emergency right turn off the center plate to avoid fire and literally got stuck in the V of a rock outcropping and was just suspended in air with my mech having a seizure .

That was really the only glaring issue I frequently found. Overall had a lot of fun with the map/event, thanks PGI.

#66 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,369 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 27 September 2022 - 05:20 PM

Just curious... so what was your build for MAD-IIC-A(S)?
It's quite a hot map, for your hot mech ;)

View Postmartian, on 27 September 2022 - 09:11 AM, said:

I had a lot of fun on Terra Therma Classic, even though I deployed in MAD-IIC-A(S) Marauder IIC with no Jumping capability.
This Christmas Marauder IIC rocked, even without Jump Jets. ... Posted Image

#67 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,580 posts

Posted 28 September 2022 - 12:53 AM

View Postw0qj, on 27 September 2022 - 05:20 PM, said:

Just curious... so what was your build for MAD-IIC-A(S)?

Like the stock, but with more double heat sinks.

View Postw0qj, on 27 September 2022 - 05:20 PM, said:

It's quite a hot map, for your hot mech Posted Image

Oh, I think that I would have much bigger heat problems in the standard Marauder IIC. That variant has nothing but energy hardpoints. Posted Image

I changed my Marauder IIC-A(S)'s Skill Tree from this ...

Posted Image

... to this.
Posted Image

I just wanted to skill up this 'Mech and I completed my goal. That was the only reason I took this 'Mech. Posted Image

#68 Rebel Ace Fryslan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 439 posts
  • LocationAd Astra

Posted 30 September 2022 - 08:21 AM

NOT a Classic map, though.

Posted Image

#69 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,580 posts

Posted 01 October 2022 - 06:30 AM

View PostRebel Ace Fryslan, on 30 September 2022 - 08:21 AM, said:

NOT a Classic map, though.

You are right.

Only the original maps such as Forest Colony Classic or Frozen City Classic should be called "Classic".

The reworked Terra Therma deserves its own new name. Terra Therma Obsidian? Terra Therma Magma? Terra Therma Lava Dome?

#70 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 03 October 2022 - 03:24 PM

View Postmartian, on 01 October 2022 - 06:30 AM, said:

The reworked Terra Therma deserves its own new name. Terra Therma Obsidian? Terra Therma Magma? Terra Therma Lava Dome?

How about...

"Hell's Blowout"

... for this Map to have as a name instead? Seems like a nice short name for this "Terra Therma (Classic) v2.0" Map's design which ol' Francois left us with before leaving PGI without fixing the underlying Bugs and making a v2.1 or more out of it! Perhaps this crazy Community happened to burn out Francois by accident without intending to, seeing as too many of us forget that those at PGI are also human, and so we ended up with the Map which we have now? :P

~D. V. "I'm probably making a joke about this 'TT(C)v2' name idea, but it does not feel far from the truth!" Devnull

#71 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,580 posts

Posted 04 October 2022 - 08:45 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 03 October 2022 - 03:24 PM, said:

How about...

"Hell's Blowout"

... for this Map to have as a name instead? Seems like a nice short name for this "Terra Therma (Classic) v2.0" Map's design which ol' Francois left us with before leaving PGI without fixing the underlying Bugs and making a v2.1 or more out of it! Perhaps this crazy Community happened to burn out Francois by accident without intending to, seeing as too many of us forget that those at PGI are also human, and so we ended up with the Map which we have now? Posted Image

~D. V. "I'm probably making a joke about this 'TT(C)v2' name idea, but it does not feel far from the truth!" Devnull

Let us hope that PGI can find a new map designer.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users