8 replies to this topic

#1 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 878 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 23 September 2022 - 08:13 AM

Yeah, I know mechwarrior and BattleTech forum and such...

But hey! Some trip to somewhere else may not hurt, right?

Posted Image

It were fun to paint my own face with oldish grey hair and beard Posted Image Oh I also used the Pyroraptor for the smaller basilisk because I wanted some sexual-dimorphism stuff and it seemed easier (lazy me, :P )...

#2 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 878 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 06 December 2022 - 10:04 AM

I have no idea how would laconian ships may look like. I read how they may look like according to the books.
So I went a bit free and mixed martian designs (+1 UNN just for fun) with protomolecule parts and curved extensions to get something "sort-of-laconian" appearance. And added the Magnetar "under construction" to the background.
Not the best I know...

Posted Image

#3 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 878 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 08 February 2023 - 11:33 AM

Leviathan's wake
Posted Image

#4 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 878 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 15 April 2023 - 11:23 AM

I done a more-or-less fine Magnetar-class ship:
Posted Image
Hope you like it, Expanse-fans!

#5 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 878 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 07 September 2023 - 09:23 AM

Another piece I started ages ago but finally finished. Slowly clean up my half-done PSD legions on my drives. Boy, lot of free space suddenly!
Posted Image
Also you could follow me on Twitter!
In my signature there is a link to my page, there the "links" contain my Twitter (sorry, I always forget the proper link!).
Do not care the Patreon, I forgot it's password... Dumb me...

#6 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 878 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 25 January 2024 - 12:34 AM

Seems an eternity since I done everything on paper and not on PC. Years passed since I last used coloured-pencils for drawing and colouring... But it were a great fun despite the lots of mistakes I done...
Oh...
And before one may wonder about the meaning: This picture is about Death and our pass-through Life...

Note:
Since my scanner currently dead I need to shot this with a phone what resulted strange, sharp edges. To solve this I applied a single "reduce noise" filter upon the picture to fix.
Posted Image

#7 Tarzan of Barsoom

• PipPipPip
  • Recruit
  • Recruit
  • 72 posts

Posted 26 January 2024 - 05:51 AM

I prefer the paper and colored pencil work to the tech generated art. But, that's just my opinion.

#8 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 878 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 27 January 2024 - 08:39 AM

View PostTarzan of Barsoom, on 26 January 2024 - 05:51 AM, said:

I prefer the paper and colored pencil work to the tech generated art. But, that's just my opinion.

Sure. I like drawing but I must admit PhotoShop made me lazy. Since it allows you to automate a series of actions you could loose with a single click to get painting-like effects it could vastly hasten any process. And if you make a mistake you just undo and try again...
Drawing on paper is different. You can hardly have space for any failures. Even more so if works with pens on paper. I struggled making the mermaid but liked it very much. Remembered me how easily could technology create bad habits.

BTW - maybe not the best place - anyone could tell me anything about AI art stuffs?
I heard a lot about it (those?) but I tried one once and were very disillusioned by the horrific result it had... Could they able to do basic stuffs now properly or still a pile of garbage you need to spend hours to fix?

#9 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 878 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 21 March 2024 - 09:35 AM

A "gashadokuro" (also known as "Odokuro") is an evil yokai, supernatural spirit.
Posted Image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users