Colors

19 replies to this topic

#1 Pelletgunz

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 23 September 2022 - 03:40 PM

Like the title says..new player here and don't mind buying stuff but..colors are crazy cash.
They're just colors nothing worst then buying a shiny new mech and... Well I'm sure you understand. Throw us a bone here guys.

#2 crazytimes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 23 September 2022 - 04:53 PM

I used some MC years ago to get one colour. Other than that- I have about 30 in my pallet now, all free from events. Super handy for a colourblind person, having 6 shades of red that look exactly the same.

#3 Moldur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 23 September 2022 - 06:11 PM

Yeah most of my colors are freebies or mech pack swag.

#4 Meep Meep

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,756 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 23 September 2022 - 07:37 PM

You also get a few colors when you finish the cadet missions. But really all you need are a dark, medium and light grey set and that will work a charm for the majority of maps. Snow maps make your mech stand out no matter what colors you use even white because at a distance all mechs take on a dingy grey color.

#5 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,818 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 23 September 2022 - 07:40 PM

View PostLockheed_, on 23 September 2022 - 05:19 PM, said:

Sometimes you get colors with the monthly free mech event, sometimes you get colors during special events, then there's occasionally a sale on colors. If you buy some MC during a sale, usually giving you 30% bonus MC and then some colors during a 50% sale as well the costs become more manageable.
Also some higher tiered mech packs come with colors.
Just don't buy them at full price if you are not loaded with MC and got all the heros you want.

This. If you're willing to wait, you get colors for free or at half price either because they're prizes or on sale or bought with MC you got for free. With PGI, you only pay real money for any mech or cosmetic if you're not willing to wait. I appreciate that about them.

#6 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,788 posts

Posted 24 September 2022 - 01:19 AM

View PostPelletgunz, on 23 September 2022 - 03:40 PM, said:

Like the title says..new player here and don't mind buying stuff but..colors are crazy cash.
They're just colors nothing worst then buying a shiny new mech and... Well I'm sure you understand. Throw us a bone here guys.

Russ Bullock and PGI have never quite the concept of "microtransactions".

From time to time, you can earn some colours during various events. Waiting for some colours sale also helps.

And honestly, colours do not matter much anyway: Everything gains greenish tint on Mining Collective, reddish hue on the Terra Therma or turns very dark or almost black in many regions of Solaris City or Crimson Strait.

#7 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 24 September 2022 - 03:32 AM

View Postmartian, on 24 September 2022 - 01:19 AM, said:

Russ Bullock and PGI have never quite the concept of "microtransactions".

Unfortunately their prices are actually cheap compared to similar stuff at F2P mobile games.

#8 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,788 posts

Posted 24 September 2022 - 04:21 AM

View PostCurccu, on 24 September 2022 - 03:32 AM, said:

Unfortunately their prices are actually cheap compared to similar stuff at F2P mobile games.

This is not a F2P mobile game. This is a decade old niche game in the last phase of its life cycle. Not many people are going to invest the same kind of money as when this game was brand new and expanding.

#9 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 24 September 2022 - 05:37 AM

View Postmartian, on 24 September 2022 - 04:21 AM, said:

This is not a F2P mobile game. This is a decade old niche game in the last phase of its life cycle. Not many people are going to invest the same kind of money as when this game was brand new and expanding.

Still F2P so how it works is still same.
And yes I'm one of those that have invested hundreds to this game back in the day but don't see any point of that anymore...

#10 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,818 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 24 September 2022 - 06:53 AM

View Postmartian, on 24 September 2022 - 04:21 AM, said:

He says to a room with people who just shelled out 10 or 30 bucks for the tournament supporter pack…. Posted Image

#11 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,418 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 24 September 2022 - 07:37 AM

Get your five (5) FREE camo colors for all your mechs!

[MechLab]>>[Camo_Spec]>>[Color_Tab]>>[Basic]

Basic Purple / Red / Orange / Green / Blue !

#12 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,788 posts

Posted 24 September 2022 - 09:55 AM

View PostCurccu, on 24 September 2022 - 05:37 AM, said:

Still F2P so how it works is still same.
And yes I'm one of those that have invested hundreds to this game back in the day but don't see any point of that anymore...

As you say ...

#13 VeeOt Dragon

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,092 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 24 September 2022 - 02:56 PM

yeah there are a few C-bill colors but i don't remember which ones. they give out 2-3 colors with most free mech events now days though. also any pattern you use will have its default colors (i know they are all MC would be nice to have one or two of the simpler ones for C-bills).

#14 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,784 posts

Posted 24 September 2022 - 04:57 PM

they give out colors a lot in events. just wait for those, or get them on sale, or buy a mech pack, some come with colors. or buy the 3 crappy cbill colors.

paying 1k mc for a 3-byte hex code is absurd. i think with all this time ive played, i only bought one color with mc, it was a cheaper color, and i bought it on sale with event mc. yet somehow ive amassed a pretty good palette of colors.

from a game beautification standpoint, i think we need to halve the price on all colors, and the current cheapest tier of mc colors needs to be made available for c-bills. you dont see a whole lot of noob green anymore, but still enough to be an eyesore.

View PostVeeOt Dragon, on 24 September 2022 - 02:56 PM, said:

yeah there are a few C-bill colors but i don't remember which ones. they give out 2-3 colors with most free mech events now days though. also any pattern you use will have its default colors (i know they are all MC would be nice to have one or two of the simpler ones for C-bills).

basic orange, basic purple, and basic red i believe. i cant remember if there was a basic blue or not.

Edited by LordNothing, 24 September 2022 - 04:56 PM.

#15 CFC Conky

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,761 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 24 September 2022 - 07:17 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 24 September 2022 - 04:57 PM, said:

they give out colors a lot in events. just wait for those, or get them on sale, or buy a mech pack, some come with colors. or buy the 3 crappy cbill colors.

paying 1k mc for a 3-byte hex code is absurd. i think with all this time ive played, i only bought one color with mc, it was a cheaper color, and i bought it on sale with event mc. yet somehow ive amassed a pretty good palette of colors.

from a game beautification standpoint, i think we need to halve the price on all colors, and the current cheapest tier of mc colors needs to be made available for c-bills. you dont see a whole lot of noob green anymore, but still enough to be an eyesore.

basic orange, basic purple, and basic red i believe. i cant remember if there was a basic blue or not.

Yup, basic blue is in there too.

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

#16 Meep Meep

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,756 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 24 September 2022 - 08:24 PM

Just because..

#17 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 24 September 2022 - 11:32 PM

TIps on colors

Basic colors, Bought with c-bills, though maybe they are free now according to someones post? There are 5 total.

Standard colors, Next step up, i forget exactly how many there are, maybe 50? they cost 500 MC each, but go on sale for 250 on occasion. Bank your Free MC and save it for a sale, the group has more than enough colors to do some paint jobs.

Premium colors, the largest bunch with all the flashy colors, 1k MC, so if your short on MC wait for sales when they are 500 MC.

Bonus colors in mech packs!

Many of the early mech packs have colors you can add through adding Camo packs to your account. Basically you buy the pack level and then grab camo. To get all the colors with a pack you need to buy the top level bundle. You do get a lot of mechs as well and they have +C-bill mechs included, 4 to be exact. Packs like Resistance II or Origins have the most, i think its 24 and 36 receptively. Other packs have colors as well (look for the early stuff, aka closer to the bottom of the store)

Basically either buy a mech pack, the only thing i regret about buying resistance II is i didn't get it 2 years sooner, even today it has awesome mechs.. wolfhound, crab, black knight and Mauler, even today 3 of them are top mechs and even the mauler is at least mediocre and still a hoot in the lower tiers. Or just save that MC and wait for a color sale and grab a bunch of Standard colors.

#18 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 26 September 2022 - 12:28 AM

You usually get three free ones on the monthly mechs and sometimes events... If you really need colors buy a pack here

https://mwomercs.com/store/bundles
ORANGE YOU GLAD IT'S SUMMER

#19 1Exitar1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 253 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Milkyway Galaxy

Posted 27 September 2022 - 07:59 AM

I made a post similar to this when I was new to the game. Just wait, you will get colors from events or if you buy some packs.

#20 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 27 September 2022 - 08:53 AM

Color are relatively expensive but on the flip side, once you buy one, you can use it on any mech at any time for no additional cost, unlike the camo patterns which you have to buy either 1 time to apply (but can change colors infinitely for no additional cost) or unlimited for just that mech chassis.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users