• Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 14 October 2022 - 02:24 PM

MECHWARRIOR ONLINE

October 2022 Patch Notes

Patch Date and Time - October 18th 2022 @ 10AM – 1PM PDT
Version Number: 1.4.268.0
Size: 925MB
Please note that due to compression differences the Steam patch size may be larger than the standalone client patch size.

Greetings MechWarriors!

This month we have the new Platinum Collection 08 (will be available on Patch Day) 'Mechs including the Assassin, Hellspawn, Trebuchet, Stalker, Arctic Cheetah, Black Lanner, Night Gyr, and the Warhawk! Be sure to watch out for the next Platinum Collection Event to follow! Also included in this patch are another round of 'Mech Quirk Adjustments, Weapon Adjustments, and Bug Fixes!

These updates are subject to further balance changes in the future, so get out there and do the science, and get us your feedback for future iterations.

And now, we really hope you enjoy the patch!
-The MechWarrior Online Team

NEW PLATINUM COLLECTION 08

We have two new Platinum Collections this month, including the following 'Mechs (will be available on Patch Day):

INNER SPHERE COLLECTION 08
  • Assassin ASN-27(P) + Platinum Pattern Unlock for all Assassin Variants
  • Hellspawn HSN-8P(P) + Platinum Pattern Unlock for all Hellspawn Variants
  • Trebuchet TBT-7K(P) + Platinum Pattern Unlock for all Trebuchet Variants
  • Stalker STK-5M(P) + Platinum Pattern Unlock for all Stalker Variants

CLAN COLLECTION 08
  • Arctic Cheetah ACH-E(P) + Platinum Pattern Unlock for all Arctic Cheetah Variants
  • Black Lanner BKL-D(P) + Platinum Pattern Unlock for all Black Lanner Variants
  • Night Gyr NTG-C(P) + Platinum Pattern Unlock for all Night Gyr Variants
  • Warhawk WHK-B(P) + Platinum Pattern Unlock for all Warhawk Variants

WEAPON ADJUSTMENTS

As a continuation of our assessment of weapon performance, the following change has been made:

ENERGY WEAPONS
MEDIUM PULSE LASER
  • Increased optimum range to 240m (from 220m)
  • Increased maximum range to 480m (from 440m)

SNUB NOSE PPC
  • Reduced maximum range to 540m (from 630m)

'MECH QUIRK ADJUSTMENTS

As a continuation of our assessment of 'Mech quirk performance, the following change has been made:

OSIRIS
OSR-3D:
  • Added +5 Structure to LA, RA
  • Added 10% Missile velocity
  • Added 20% STD/ER small laser range
OSR-4D:
  • Added -5% heat
  • Added -30% Jump Jet heat
  • Added 20% Target info gathering speed
OSR-1V:
  • Increased LA, RA Structure bonus to +8 (from +5)
  • Added 10% Missile range
  • Added -10% Missile cooldown
  • Added 100m Seismic sensor
OSR-2V:
  • Increased LA, RA Structure bonus to +8 (from +5)
  • Added -10% ER Medium laser duration
  • Added 15% ER Medium laser range
  • Added 30% Target info gathering speed
OSR-1P:
  • Added 20% weapon velocity
  • Added +10s UAV Duration
  • Added 20% UAV Range
OSR-SE:
  • Added -10% Laser duration
  • Added 20% Capture Accelerator

HUNCHBACK
HBK-4P:
  • Added -5% heat
  • Increased STD/ER Medium laser HSL to +3 (from +2)
  • Added Medium pulse laser HSL +3

MAD DOG
MDD-Prime:
  • Added -10% heat to SO8
  • Added -5% Laser heat to SO8
  • Removed -10% Pulse laser heat from SO8

BUG FIXES

• Fixed an issue where the Incubus 'Mech was missing Tertiary Color on the right torso all variants

Patch Files (Direct Download)

To make the patching process easier for players with limited download caps, we'll be providing direct download links for the patch file(s) that comprise this patch. This will allow you to download the patch file(s) elsewhere, for manual injection into the MWO patcher through a Patch Cache folder.

Aside from allowing you to download the patch file(s) elsewhere, on another connection, there are no additional benefits to performing the patch this way; the patching process itself will be the same.

This direct patch download process will only work for players running the standalone client. It does not apply to players running MWO through Steam.

Patch File(s): - http://patcher.mwomercs.com/patch/Production/frontend/FrontendPatch_408.zip

• Download the above file(s)
  • For sake of ease, we recommend creating a dedicated folder for the patch file(s), such as 'MWO Patch Cache'
  • You do not need to unzip or unpack the patch file(s)
  • Launch the MWO Portal
  • Select the three horizontal lines in the top left of the Portal Window
  • Choose the 'Specify Patch File Cache' option
  • In the field that appears, paste or enter the location in which you saved the patch file(s) and hit OK
  • For example, C:\Users\<username>\Documents\MWO Patch Cache
  • Click the blue Patch button
  • The launcher will now check the Patch Cache folder you defined. If it locates the required patch files, it will unpack and use those files to apply the patch.
  • Once the patch is complete, launch the game

#2 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 14 October 2022 - 02:36 PM

Bravo on the Incubus color fix. I noticed that, but thought you guys were down below the number of resources required to be able to fix it, now that Mark left. Thanks!

#3 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 14 October 2022 - 03:05 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 14 October 2022 - 02:24 PM, said:

INNER SPHERE COLLECTION 08

• Assassin ASN-27(P)+ Platinum Pattern Unlock for all Assassin Variants
  • Hellspawn HSN-8P(P)+ Platinum Pattern Unlock for all Hellspawn Variants
  • Trebuchet TBT-7K(P)+ Platinum Pattern Unlock for all Trebuchet Variants
  • Stalker STK-5M(P)+ Platinum Pattern Unlock for all Stalker Variants

CLAN COLLECTION 08

• Arctic Cheetah ACH-E(P)+ Platinum Pattern Unlock for all Arctic Cheetah Variants
  • Black Lanner BKL-D(P)+ Platinum Pattern Unlock for all Black Lanner Variants
  • Night Gyr NTG-C(P)+ Platinum Pattern Unlock for all Night Gyr Variants
  • Warhawk WHK-B(P)+ Platinum Pattern Unlock for all Warhawk Variants

So, will these get their own annual rewards entries like the #6 ones, or will these also only get the default platinum rewards like #1-#5 and #7? Feels a bit odd that only the #6 get double reward mechs.

#4 Dyex

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 72 posts

Posted 14 October 2022 - 03:22 PM

Is there a chance you guys could look at the code for BAP and Clan Active Probe looking if their sensor range +25% is missing before ECM reduction.

I know that bonus from Sensor Range in Skill Tree for example does get calculated before ECM reduction, so I feel like this was always a oversite bug.
Not too sure about other sensor range bonus from targeting computers and mech quirks get calculated or not into ECM.

Thanks

#5 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 14 October 2022 - 03:23 PM

okay

simple patch, guess balance has been mostly achieved

#6 Staude Coston

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • 277 posts

Posted 14 October 2022 - 03:24 PM

HUNCHBACK
HBK-4P:

• Added -5% heat
  • Increased STD/ER Medium laser HSL to +3 (from +2)
  • Added Medium pulse laser HSL +3
Nice IS Buff HSL+3

#7 Dyex

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 72 posts

Posted 14 October 2022 - 03:30 PM

Also thanks for reduced maximum range of snubs to 540m, I was waiting for that.
Was greatly needed.

#8 Dyex

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 72 posts

Posted 14 October 2022 - 03:40 PM

I keep reading patch notes,
Thanks for the Osiris buffs, really!

I'm going to stock up on them on science sale.
I especially like the jump jet heat and Target Gathering +30% quirks, we need more of these they add flavor then just generic buffs alone to a chassis.

#9 Gakuseinozen

• PipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 55 posts

Posted 14 October 2022 - 04:02 PM

Glad to see the Snub range nerf, but I think it needs the splash damage removed.

#10 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 473 posts

Posted 14 October 2022 - 05:44 PM

When will the matchmaker appear in the game?
When will be removed groups from solo quick play to improve the quality of quickplay?
When will streaks be returned to the battlefield?

PGI, have you noticed a significant drawdown in the number of players? Maybe it has something to do with the fact that instead of improving the quality of the game, you focused on selling old repainted mechs? People are not stupid. People see this very well and stop playing this game. The credit of trust and hope is running out.

Edited by Voice of Kerensky, 14 October 2022 - 05:46 PM.

#11 PocketYoda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 14 October 2022 - 07:40 PM

I don't think only structure will fix the Osiris.. It needs Armor to survive imo. Also not really feeling these Platinum packs.

Edited by PocketYoda, 14 October 2022 - 09:02 PM.

#12 Angrius Windstorm

• PipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 34 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 14 October 2022 - 08:29 PM

Just a thought: I wish you could mix and match the Platinum collections at some stage. Some mechs I don't really run, hence no use for mechs or platinum skins that I don't use. Maybe an A la Carte system like the original Clans mechpacks? Or a similar system.

#13 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,576 posts

Posted 14 October 2022 - 09:10 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 14 October 2022 - 02:24 PM, said:

OSR-SE:
  • Added -10% Laser duration
  • Added 20% Capture Accelerator

There are one or two points that I would like to make, if I may ...

1) Adding +5 Structure to the arms in the game where 40-50 accurate alphas are nothing unusual?

2) Adding a few percent of laser duration if the 'Mech usually carries the anemic loadout of four medium (pulse) lasers?

3) 20% Capture Accelerator? In the game where capping plays no significant role in the absolute majority of the games?
  • In Skirmish - probably the most popular mode - there is nothing to cap
  • In Assault nobody usually bothers with capping
  • In Domination I think that the Capture Accelerator does not even work
  • In Conquest the best strategy is to wipe out the opposing team and cap or recap all needed bases at your leisure when there is no enemy opposition
If you really want to boost Osiris "Sekhmet", add at least 1-2 energy hardpoints, if not more. For your info, the best Firestarter models boat 7-8 energy hardpoints and the model with 6 energy hardpoints are still pretty useful. "Sekhmet" competes with such 'Mechs for the players' attention.

In this case adding hardpoints would be okay, because nobody who already owns "Sekhmet" could complain that he is worse off after the change.

Or you can consider adding ECM. Hero Wolfhound has it, Hero Arctic Cheetah can have it, Hero Mist Lynx can have it, Hero Kit Fox can have it, Hero Locust has it, Hero Cougar can have it, some other standard light 'Mechs have it.

Edited by martian, 15 October 2022 - 01:00 AM.

#14 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 473 posts

Posted 14 October 2022 - 09:32 PM

Hello PGI!
Today in a battle on the "classic" Terra Therma my mech got stuck. I ask you to pay your attention to this problem. Such problems, with the absence of a matchmaker, do not make the game better.
Gg, PGI. Thx.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#15 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,576 posts

Posted 14 October 2022 - 09:41 PM

View PostVoice of Kerensky, on 14 October 2022 - 09:32 PM, said:

Hello PGI!
Today in a battle on the "classic" Terra Therma my mech got stuck. I ask you to pay your attention to this problem. Such problems, with the absence of a matchmaker, do not make the game better.
Gg, PGI. Thx.

Hello!

If you post it in the appropriate section, perhaps somebody will notice and correct this bug.

The small problem is that there is no map designer among the PGI's MWO staff right now - François left PGI a few weeks ago.

#16 Steve Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,464 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 October 2022 - 09:46 PM

You should also have buffed the range on Clan medium pulse lasers. Now IS medium pulse lasers have almost the same range but with lower heat, cd and duration. Did you just forget about Clan pulse lasers that they exist? O_o

And subnose ppc splash dmg has to be removed entirely imo. It has a reason why subnose ppcs are so overused at the moment and it barely has anything to do with its range.

Edited by Steve Pryde, 14 October 2022 - 10:06 PM.

#17 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 473 posts

Posted 15 October 2022 - 05:04 AM

View PostSteve Pryde, on 14 October 2022 - 09:46 PM, said:

You should also have buffed the range on Clan medium pulse lasers. Now IS medium pulse lasers have almost the same range but with lower heat, cd and duration. Did you just forget about Clan pulse lasers that they exist? O_o

And subnose ppc splash dmg has to be removed entirely imo. It has a reason why subnose ppcs are so overused at the moment and it barely has anything to do with its range.

What are you? They urgently need to repaint another pack of very old mechs in order to sell them for real money.

#18 Jarok van Sagittaron

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 32 posts

Posted 15 October 2022 - 06:29 AM

A little buff for the C-MPL would be really nice (and imho necessary). Maybe 30m (optimal) range buff.

Isn't the splash damage also reduced by 'out of optimal range'? The optimal range is imho OK.
Also, I always thought that the SNPPC should be like a PPC shotgun with spreaded damage and now it is. I would agree to raise the SNPPCs heat up to 10.

#19 Fnord Asteroid

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 76 posts
  • LocationThe River

Posted 15 October 2022 - 06:34 AM

View PostVoice of Kerensky, on 14 October 2022 - 05:44 PM, said:

When will the matchmaker appear in the game?
When will be removed groups from solo quick play to improve the quality of quickplay?
When will streaks be returned to the battlefield?

PGI, have you noticed a significant drawdown in the number of players? Maybe it has something to do with the fact that instead of improving the quality of the game, you focused on selling old repainted mechs? People are not stupid. People see this very well and stop playing this game. The credit of trust and hope is running out.

streaks were used for seal clubbing pretty much exclusively
seal clubbing is even harder when groups are included in 'solo' que

glad the streak nightmare is over
glad to have groups to play off of in the quickplay queue

voice of kerensky is the voice of some random j.o. who probably has more than he deserves

most of you just want to play another twitch shooter

**** OFF ALREADY, GO AWAY YOU ARE RUINING THE LAST ONE OF THESE **** OOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFFF

#20 Fnord Asteroid

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 76 posts
  • LocationThe River

Posted 15 October 2022 - 06:39 AM

View PostJarok van Sagittaron, on 15 October 2022 - 06:29 AM, said:

A little buff for the C-MPL would be really nice (and imho necessary). Maybe 30m (optimal) range buff.

Isn't the splash damage also reduced by 'out of optimal range'? The optimal range is imho OK.
Also, I always thought that the SNPPC should be like a PPC shotgun with spreaded damage and now it is. I would agree to raise the SNPPCs heat up to 10.

clan laser need nerfing if they need anything

clan tech is OP don't even try and tell me its not

when i want to 'win' i run clan
when i want to have fun in a build i came up with, inner shere

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users